Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

gimmick wrote: »
    Nah, fúck that. City beat Shams later. SPA beat Dundalk.

We beat SPA then on Friday and the season is back on track.

Ahem :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

CHealy wrote: »
    What made it so bad for me is the fact we were playing so so well after the Europa League exit. We battered Bohs off the pitch and got a couple of fantastic away wins at Longford and Sligo. They stand for nothing if you can't win at home against the bottom placed team.

We now have an injury crisis on our hands at the most important stage of the season, and unfortunetly at about 10pm on Friday night, I can see our season being over after losing tonight to Rovers and Friday to Pats in the cup.

I'm a glass half empty man as you can tell.

Ahem ahem..........

Another disgusting performence again tonight. I've had enough of Caulfield now at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

Poor stuff from City.

Back to the drawing board because this is a doomed project.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,512 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Awful stuff. Just awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

If we don't beat Pats on Friday the rest of the season is going to be pretty grim.

Hopefully Caulfield will start blooding some of the younger members of his squad ahead of next season for the rest of our league games - let them get league experience before the new campaign.

He also needs to get rid of half a dozen players.

I don't think there's any need to change the manager, to do so would be lunacy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,656 ✭✭✭corks finest

Roar wrote: »
    If we don't beat Pats on Friday the rest of the season is going to be pretty grim.

Hopefully Caulfield will start blooding some of the younger members of his squad ahead of next season for the rest of our league games - let them get league experience before the new campaign.

Totally agree with u ref Johnny c,not his fault, just like Brian Cuthbert, his player's let him down,other than johnnc,who have you?,Dave hill

Totally agree with u ref Johnny c,not his fault, just like Brian Cuthbert, his player's let him down,other than johnnc,who have you?,Dave hill
    Roar wrote: »

I think thats crazy to say its not JC's fault, I see it being totally his fault. Over the last two years I've seen bogball football, a manager that hasn't a clue what to do against the bigger teams, players being coached out of the way they play, its actually going backwards since last season. He's a MSL manager at best.

I think thats crazy to say its not JC's fault, I see it being totally his fault. Over the last two years I've seen bogball football, a manager that hasn't a clue what to do against the bigger teams, players being coached out of the way they play, its actually going backwards since last season. He's a MSL manager at best.
    Yes,sometimes, its been negative play,but think that's a survival tactic, must admit, several player's haven't been 100% trying last few games,,I'd personally back John c,all the way,saw/heard his frustration at the Limerick match, can't always blame the captain,when the ships going down

We'll never go further than where we are right now under Caulfield, it really is as simple as that. I copped onto that about halfway through last season even though we were still in the hunt for the league, fellas I watch the games with thought I was a lunatic, now they all agree 100%.

Im not trying to blow my own trumpet there either btw, its just so clear that he hasn't a clue.

We'll never go further than where we are right now under Caulfield, it really is as simple as that. I copped onto that about halfway through last season even though we were still in the hunt for the league, fellas I watch the games with thought I was a lunatic, now they all agree 100%.

Im not trying to blow my own trumpet there either btw, its just so clear that he hasn't a clue.
    I've also been heartbroken watching a sometimes fantastic team turn to tripe,seemingly overnight, and have been watching Cork soccer teams play last 45 yrs,sometimes they get it right sometimes no,look at Liverpool and Brendan Rodgers,, Dave hill,in my mind was another good man at the helm,,,,who would you suggest as a replacement? Bit of a poisoned Chalice at this point,,,, think Johnny c should be given a bit of breathing space

• Advertisement

Thing is is that we are not a fantastic team turned into tripe, the way Caulfield sets them up see's up take one step forward and two steps back. If JC is given breathing space we could easily find ourselves in a Tommy Dunne situation where we were struggling to get 2 thousand through the gates and the club almost went bankrupt again, but sure people were saying to give Dunne breathing space aswell.

I'd get someone like Damian Richardson or if he was to leave Pats I'd love to see Liam Buckley have a crack off this team. This thing about having a Cork man in charge to spur on local pride is nonsense, the Cork public will come out to support a winning team, simple as. Lets see what type of crowd we get next Friday for the Pats cup game, I think we'll be struggling to hit 2500.

Thing is is that we are not a fantastic team turned into tripe, the way Caulfield sets them up see's up take one step forward and two steps back. If JC is given breathing space we could easily find ourselves in a Tommy Dunne situation where we were struggling to get 2 thousand through the gates and the club almost went bankrupt again, but sure people were saying to give Dunne breathing space aswell.

I'd get someone like Damian Richardson or if he was to leave Pats I'd love to see Liam Buckley have a crack off this team. This thing about having a Cork man in charge to spur on local pride is nonsense, the Cork public will come out to support a winning team, simple as. Lets see what type of crowd we get next Friday for the Pats cup game, I think we'll be struggling to hit 2500.
    Beg to differ, agree to disagree, and bang on ref we don't necessarily need a local to manage, think you're slightly exaggerated to suggest we'd be in a Tommy Dunne scenario,,,,,,, fingers crossed ,and if Damian Richardson didn't do well,would you be looking for his head also?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭hman231

Listen John has done well what I say is that if he wins no trophy this year or next then johns position should be questioned but listen he has done well so far and Friday is now a massive opportunity if we get our defensive solidity back we have a great chance of getting to the quarters. Just hope we put in a big performance tomorrow as the cup has not been out friend in recent seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Worztron

Hi guys. I've started an Ultimate Cork City FC Team thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=96691973

Please post the exact player position also. Cheers.

I will update post #1 (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96691973&postcount=1) as things change.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pos087

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi guys. I've started an Ultimate Cork City FC Team thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=96691973

Please post the exact player position also. Cheers.

I will update post #1 (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96691973&postcount=1) as things change.

I tried to post on your tread but it said I did not have permission. Surely the 2 best forwards are shane long and Kevin Doyle not so much for what they done at city but the careers they have had.

Pos087 wrote: »
    I tried to post on your tread but it said I did not have permission. Surely the 2 best forwards are shane long and Kevin Doyle not so much for what they done at city but the careers they have had.

Using that logic Trevor Brooking should be included as well.

My opinion 4-4-2

Mick Devine
    Neal Horgan....Alan Bennett....Dan Murray....Deccie Daly
    George O Callaghan....Joe Gamble....Patsy Freyne....Ollie Cahill
    John O Flynn....Pat Morley

Subs - Phil Harrington...Danny Murphy...Colin O Brien....Stephen Napier....Roy O Donovan....John Caulfield....Dave Barry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

1 devine

2 fergus o donoughe 3 philip long
    4 declan daly

5 alan bennett

6 terry macdermott 7 dave barry 8 patsy freyne 10 trevor brooking

11 kevin doyle 9 pat morley

subs 12 myself
    13 shane long
    14 gerry macabe
    15 ollie cahill
    theres a few out of position but they were versatile in their day

Pos087 wrote: »

Hi Pos087.

I recall there's some procedure to be allowed to post in the soccer forums, sorry I forgot about that.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

gimmick wrote: »
    Using that logic Trevor Brooking should be included as well.

My opinion 4-4-2

Mick Devine
    Neal Horgan....Alan Bennett....Dan Murray....Deccie Daly
    George O Callaghan....Joe Gamble....Patsy Freyne....Ollie Cahill
    John O Flynn....Pat Morley

Subs - Phil Harrington...Danny Murphy...Colin O Brien....Stephen Napier....Roy O Donovan....John Caulfield....Dave Barry

Hi gimmick.

Was Declan Daly a left back?

Edit: He played at rb or cb.

Sure Hitgan played lots at left full. So it's all the one.

Anyway. Tonight's result. Bloody hell.

Now to avoid Dundalk and any other draw is fine by me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,512 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

First half , forgettable.
    Second half, oh yes!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

We needed that.

Also, my city XI - don't think that team would work in a 4-3-3 but meh.

Devine

Horgan Murray Daly Murphy

George Patsy Gamble

Caulfield Flynny Morley

Subs: Biscuits, Benno, Hill, Cahill, Barry, O'Donovan, Marky Sull

Manager - Rico

Thanks for the info guys.

Team now complete. :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96691973&postcount=1

Away to Derry in the cup qf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What's the latest on the two dennehys?

Both Dennehys are playing for Cork City Billy even played friday. yeah derry away is not a great tie only thing i can say is that still very winnable and happy to not get dundalk. Galway home league Friday and Dundalk have Bohs away so hope we can close the gap. Tommy though will be itching to get a result at the cross but i think with the limerick upset we will be a lot more wary of the galway threat and win the game well

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Away to Derry in the cup qf

In recent years, CCFC tend to do well at the Brandywell Stadium.

Derry are very poor. I'd expect us to progress handy enough.

Agree with that, we've nothing to fear up there, I'd be expecting us to at the very least bring them back to Cork for a replay, but we really should beat them.

• Advertisement

Galway friday and dundalk have bohs away could close down the gap

Advertisement