Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Agree completely, a top 3 finish is far more important than the league cup, that 210K euro is twice the pitiful amount (100k) we'd get for winning the league ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

We have a fairly big squad of players. There's no point in having that if you're not willing to use it. We have players like Morrissey, Lehane, Buckley, McSweeney etc. on the bench. They're all decent players and well able to play, so why not use them?

It's a very big ask to have players like Dan Murray, Miller, Healy, O'Sullivan etc. playing 3 games in 6 days. It's not disrespectful to the League Cup or showing a lack of ambition to rest those players. If anything, putting faith in our squad players to come in and do a job is showing ambition. Why bother paying a player to sit in the stands if you're not willing to give them a go?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

FT Limerick 0-1 Cork City

Good win, although would be expected to

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

3 more points, don't like these tight games away from home, not good for the heart!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    3 more points, don't like these tight games away from home, not good for the heart!

We never got out of second gear to be honest, if we stepped it up we would have put 3 or 4 past them but in true Cork City fashion we just soaked it up and hung on for the win.

• Advertisement

Is it 15quid in tomorrow night?

Not missed home game so far but might tomorrow with Rovers in town Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Season ticket cover this game nah?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Nah.

UCC are charging a fiver into the Dundalk game tonight down the 'Dyke. Hopefully we follow suit with a similarly low price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

CHealy wrote: »
    UCC are charging a fiver into the Dundalk game tonight down the 'Dyke. Hopefully we follow suit with a similarly low price.

Doubt it can't see it been less than €15 a pity because a lot of home games in quick succession this month.

• Advertisement

Ya I asked on twitter its 15quid in for adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I know they've charged it before but I'm shocked that they're keeping the price at €15, especially as UCC are only charging a fiver.

I can understand from financial point of view why they are doing it.

If they reduced the price to say a 10e would they get a extra 50% to the game tomorrow night to make up for lost fiver per head? Very doubtful. You might get extra 20-30% but no more.

But, from fan point of view forking out 30quid for 2 games for second time in 3 weeks is bit too much for most.

Will give tomorrow night a miss and go Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

D2D wrote: »
    I know they've charged it before but I'm shocked that they're keeping the price at €15, especially as UCC are only charging a fiver.

UCC don't have professional players to pay.

Lost on Penos

I thought a mostly second string team (bar Gaynor, just back from injury) played fairly well against a strong Pats team. They had five starters from the weekend playing, we had two (both of whom I wouldn't expect to start on Friday). They also had some strong players like Kenny Browne and Jason McGuinness.

Some good football on show. Played well through the middle, O'Connor did much better there and out wide than he did at left back. He definitely has a bit of talent. We probably should have won the match in normal time, Clarke made some save from a Buckley header from a corner, looked destined for the bottom corner. Lehane did well, too. Had some rocket of a shot off the post, that Kearney tapped away. Morrissey was poor, which he has been in every match he's played in since mid-2014. Got a nasty injury too, after landing awkwardly from blocking a clearance. He'll probably never break into the first team again, I'd say he'll be with Cobh or Waterford next season, at best. Such a shame after what he showed in 2013. Disappointing result, but heartening performance and shows that we have some good players in reserve.

All onto Friday, anyway. Massive game, 2nd v 3rd, really buzzing for it. Some good advertising in town and around for it. Expect 5,000 at it. Will be the usual few hundred from Rovers, so should be a good atmosphere.

YpvlC.jpg

950 at match last night. 1100 was at Limerick game in 1st round last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I hope the club do not make a complete shambles of this big fixture like they did against Dundalk a few weeks ago and get adequate stewards and security in so the Gardai do not have to close the gates again.

gimmick wrote: »
    I hope the club do not make a complete shambles of this big fixture like they did against Dundalk a few weeks ago and get adequate stewards and security in so the Gardai do not have to close the gates again.

The security company at the moment are an absolute joke shop, couldn't control a little girls birthday party nevermind a football game with 4 thousand people.

950 at match last night. 1100 was at Limerick game in 1st round last year

The Limerick match probably benefitted from being early on in the season (it was our second match, after the Pats one). Tickets were also sold for €10 to fans who bought them at that Pats match (I think City took a hit here, Limerick's share was calculated as if these tickets were sold for €15). We played Waterford in the 2nd round and there were less than 600 at it. There were less than 700 for the quarter final in Tallaght.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭hman231

Really disappointing to be out of the cup again last few years we have been awful in cup competitions. I have a good feeling about us beating Rovers this weekend they will come for the draw and I feel if we really go all out we will have enough. Should be another bumper crowd too.

Weather is perfect to a game, should hopefully get 4 to 5 thousand tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Well that was awful. Absolutely dreadful and clueless. No ambition. No understanding between midfield and the front 3. Nothing. No bright points at all.

Miller was awful. So was Murray. So was Holohan. The rest tried to put in some bit of a shift but fell far short.

I wouldn't mind if Shams were any good but they were distinctly poor also.

Just 2 teams trying not to lose.

Caulfield hasn't a clue, tonight was the worst one yet.

What a hopeless performance that was, absolutely woeful. Seriously, what is the point in tapping it around the back and just hoofing it up, it's pointless as we just lose the ball every single time. Murray and Daren Dennehy gave the ball away every second pass they made but the midfield for me was non-existent tonight. Miller was awful, Billy Dennehy looked completely dis-interested as the game went on, Sheppard couldn't get anything going at all.

Only positive I can think of is that we didn't concede but Christ, the worst game I've seen at Turners Cross in a long, long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

CHealy wrote: »
    The security company at the moment are an absolute joke shop, couldn't control a little girls birthday party nevermind a football game with 4 thousand people.

they are a disgrace. Treated me & the lads I film the promo vids with like **** tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭applehunter

Awful stuff.

Why are we kicking it long to strikers that are at best 30/70 to win some possession. Its ****ing idiotic. Time after time we give up possession and invite the opposition to attack us again.

It is all that is wrong with Irish football in one match.

We deserve all the criticism we get on MNS.

Summary from Bohs away match a fortnight ago.

Easy copy & paste job for tonights game.

Poor fare.

I said that Miller would not turn into the player or give us what we hoped. Yesterday was a glimpse of how poor this chap is.

He is our Tom Cleverley.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I said that Miller would not turn into the player or give us what we hoped. Yesterday was a glimpse of how poor this chap is.

He is our Tom Cleverley.

Except the really disappointing thing is that he has already shown us glimpses of what he's capable of. Need I remind everyone of the brilliant team performance at home to Derry?

It's frustrating how far we've fallen, in terms of performance, since then.

• Advertisement

He is our Tom Cleverley.

Our version of Keith Fahey for Pats last year. Big name comes in, big hopes, big reputation, doesn't live up to it. Healy has really dipped in form, too. Nowhere near as good as he was last season. Overall, our squad just isn't that great. Behind Dundalk and Rovers and probably Pats, too.

Can't wait for Bennett to come back. The side as a whole looks much more organised. A real leader and great vice captain.

Advertisement