Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Dan Murray was woeful last night, dont think Miller deserves the criticism as much, it did look like he was holding up the ball a lot but nobody was finding space or even looking for the ball, at least he didnt give it away like the most of the rest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Dan Murray was woeful last night, dont think Miller deserves the criticism as much, it did look like he was holding up the ball a lot but nobody was finding space or even looking for the ball, at least he didnt give it away like the most of the rest of them.

Miller wasn't the worst (I thought he was better than Healy, anyway, who probably won MOTM by being drawn out of a hat), but there was so much hope about him. He's been inconsistent, playing fantastically in some games, but fading in others. He really needs to step up, especially when Europe comes around. He'll be one of the experienced guys the team will be relying on, so he can't go hiding during the games.

I thought Murray was okay, given he played 300 minutes of football in the last six days. He was of course frustrating, though, killing two attacks in the space of about ten seconds, by thumping two balls straight out for a throw. Definitely a level below Benno, who's been as solid as a rock in all but the Dundalk match.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Probably the worst I've seen City play in a number of years. Considering how bad we were I'm happy to have got 1 point !! So many poor performances I'm not even going to list them.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭hman231

Good result vs wexford. just need to get another kind draw in the next round if possible. Galway away next I think City will do the business europa league too. just hope we keep up the form and dont bow out of everything like pats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Liverpool??

• Advertisement

Should charge through the roof

"Cork City return to European competition for the first time since 2008, as John Caulfield’s side enter the Europa League in July.

The club is delighted to confirm that there will be a special advance purchase discount available for supporters who purchase their tickets prior to the draw, which will take place on June 22nd.

Ticket prices for the game are as follows:

Adult: €20 (Only €15 until June 22nd)

Juvenile (13-18): €13 (Only €10 until June 22nd)

Schoolchild (Under 13)/Senior Citizen: €10 (Only €5 until June 22nd)

Tickets for the game will go on sale to FORAS Trustees ONLY from the club shop from Saturday, June 6th. They will be available for general sale from Tuesday, June 9th."

Who are FORAS trustees?

Great to see ticket info for the Europa League. Buzzing for it now, can't wait for the draw on the 22nd.
    Who are FORAS trustees?

The owners. The club is owned by a trust called Friends of the Rebel Army Society (FORAS). We took over the running of the club in 2010 when things were going badly. The members/trustees elect the Board of Management to run it on a week-to-week basis and we vote, see the accounts etc. at the general meetings. As a perk for the membership, we get first refusal for in-demand games (eg, Dundalk last October, Europe etc.). We also get a discount on season tickets (5% or 10%, I can't remember).

You can become a member for a tenner a month or a fiver if you're a student/unemployed/under 18. You can pay on a monthly basis or a lump sum annually. See here for more info.

I really wish the whole FORAS thing would go away and have it absorbed into Cork City FC.

I genuinely think it would get better membership if people thought they are buying into CCFC rather than "FORAS".

I know its essentially the exact same thing, but i think FOAS is viewed by many as a supporters club rather than the actual club.

• Advertisement

So there's no advanced sale for season ticket holders? well that's a kick in the stones

The Euro game wont sell out regardless.

So there's no advanced sale for season ticket holders? well that's a kick in the stones

It's strange that they didn't include ST holders. For the Dundalk game last October, it went members, ST holders, general sale (never got to this stage). And for the Man Utd friendly in 2012, there was a special discount made to both members and ST holders.

You could always give them a ring. The statement may have been an error or else they might decide that there should be a day or two where they go on sale to ST holders before the general public.
    gimmick wrote: »
    The Euro game wont sell out regardless.

Depends who we get. West Ham would certainly be a sell out and Hadjuk Split probably would be, too. And god help if we get Go Ahead Eagles, we'll have thousands of die hard fans on Boards looking for tickets.

Ya, forgot West Ham are involved. That would defo sell out. Not sure why Hadjuk Split would be a draw?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

We win 3-1 away, Dundalk lose 2-1 at home....nice start to the weekend !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Hopefully the tides are turning.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,270 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    We win 3-1 away, Dundalk lose 2-1 at home....nice start to the weekend !!

Sorry to rain on the parade, but Bray will bring ye crashing to earth next week :pac:

Good result and performance in Galway. We had plenty of chances, hit the woodwork twice and tested the keeper a few times, so good to see that we managed to score three times. Billy Dennehy's two assists brings him up to 10 for the season. With 17 assists and goals, he's been involved in 60% of the team's league goals. Dan's goal was a nice header with his back to goal looped over the keeper. Sullivan tipped a low cross/shot from Billy into the bottom corner and Buckley got a cross from a corner into the box and blasted it into the top corner.

Galway's goal was an absolute rocket, straight into the top corner from 25 yards out, no chance for McNulty. Midfield and defence did give him a bit of space, but I suppose, if you encourage long shots, most of them aren't going to be top corner rockets. Galway had a few long shots that drifted well wide or well over. They also had another in the second that McNulty tipped over, but overall, our defence were solid enough.

Deserved three points and great to gain ground on Dundalk.

Buzzing for Bray next Friday, now. Need to keep the results going, it'd give us a huge lift going into the break.
    gimmick wrote: »
    Ya, forgot West Ham are involved. That would defo sell out. Not sure why Hadjuk Split would be a draw?

Not a draw in the sense of an English team, who'd probably fill the Cross twice over. But they're still a big Croatian team. They were knocked out in this season's play-off by the eventual runners up, Dnipro. I wouldn't put them too far behind the likes of Red Star and we sold out of the match in the space of a few years. Albeit, Champions League and the tickets were on sale a few days before the match was kicking off. But, Europe was a more regular thing then, whereas after being out of it for nearly a decade, it's a huge novelty again. They'd probably bring 200-300 over themselves, whereas most other teams would bring about 50, maybe 100. Maybe "possibly" would've been better wording than "probably", but if we get good results in the next two/three matches, then I think we'd break 6,000 at least for Hajduk. I couldn't see us getting under 5,000 for most other teams.

TiltedBrain - the statement on the ticket info has been amended to add that season ticket holders can also buy their EL tickets in advance from today onwards.

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Good result and performance in Galway. We had plenty of chances, hit the woodwork twice and tested the keeper a few times, so good to see that we managed to score three times. Billy Dennehy's two assists brings him up to 10 for the season. With 17 assists and goals, he's been involved in 60% of the team's league goals. Dan's goal was a nice header with his back to goal looped over the keeper. Sullivan tipped a low cross/shot from Billy into the bottom corner and Buckley got a cross from a corner into the box and blasted it into the top corner.

Galway's goal was an absolute rocket, straight into the top corner from 25 yards out, no chance for McNulty. Midfield and defence did give him a bit of space, but I suppose, if you encourage long shots, most of them aren't going to be top corner rockets. Galway had a few long shots that drifted well wide or well over. They also had another in the second that McNulty tipped over, but overall, our defence were solid enough.

Deserved three points and great to gain ground on Dundalk.

Buzzing for Bray next Friday, now. Need to keep the results going, it'd give us a huge lift going into the break.

Not a draw in the sense of an English team, who'd probably fill the Cross twice over. But they're still a big Croatian team. They were knocked out in this season's play-off by the eventual runners up, Dnipro. I wouldn't put them too far behind the likes of Red Star and we sold out of the match in the space of a few years. Albeit, Champions League and the tickets were on sale a few days before the match was kicking off. But, Europe was a more regular thing then, whereas after being out of it for nearly a decade, it's a huge novelty again. They'd probably bring 200-300 over themselves, whereas most other teams would bring about 50, maybe 100. Maybe "possibly" would've been better wording than "probably", but if we get good results in the next two/three matches, then I think we'd break 6,000 at least for Hajduk. I couldn't see us getting under 5,000 for most other teams.

TiltedBrain - the statement on the ticket info has been amended to add that season ticket holders can also buy their EL tickets in advance from today onwards.

Great, just saw this now, must get some after work. Thank you.

Looking forward to the europa league draw Monday. West Ham United Eng 16.078 Cukaricki Belgrade Srb 3.275
    Sheriff Tiraspol Mol 14.500 NK Celje Slo 3.225
    Rosenborg BK Nor 11.875 Kalju Nomme Est 3.200
    IF Elfsborg Swe 11.545 Flora Tallinn Est 3.200
    Hajduk Split Cro 11.200 Ferencváros Hun 3.200
    Apollon Limassol Cyp 10.460 Sutjeska Niksic Mon 3.125
    Omonia Nicosia Cyp 10.460 Skonto Riga Lat 3.100
    Slovan Bratislava Svk 9.250 Víkingur Far 2.950
    AIK Stockholm Swe 9.045 Renova Dzepciste Mac 2.925
    Neftchi Baku Azb 9.000 Odd Grenland Nor 2.875
    Slask Wroclaw Pol 8.800 FK Kukësi Alb 2.825
    MSK Zilina Svk 8.750 Gabala FK Azb 2.750
    FK Aktobe Kaz 8.575 Shkendija Tetovo Mac 2.675
    Go Ahead Eagles Ned 8.195 Ordabasy Shymkent Kaz 2.575
    Red Star Belgrade Srb 7.775 Kairat Almaty Kaz 2.575
    DVSC Debrecen Hun 7.700 MTK Budapest Hun 2.450
    Brøndby IF Den 7.460 Shirak Gyumri Arm 2.300
    Shakhtior Saligorsk Bls 7.150 Mladost Podgorica Mon 2.125
    Dinamo Tbilisi Geo 6.875 KF Laçi Alb 2.075
    Litex Lovech Bul 6.850 Ulisses Yerevan Arm 2.050
    Vojvodina Novi Sad Srb 6.275 Saxan Gagauz Yeri Mol 2.000
    Spartak Trnava Svk 6.250 Glentoran Nir 1.975
    FH Hafnarfjardar Isl 6.100 VPS Vaasa Fin 1.890
    St. Johnstone Sco 6.080 Dinamo Batumi Geo 1.875
    Zeljeznicar Sarajevo Bos 6.000 Spartak Tskhinvali Geo 1.875
    Randers FC Den 5.960 Kalev Sillamäe Est 1.700
    Strømsgodset IF Nor 5.875 FC Lusitanos And 1.666
    KR Reykjavik Isl 5.600 SJK Seinäjoki Fin 1.640
    Jagiellonia Bialystok Pol 5.550 FC Lahti Fin 1.640
    FC Botosani Rom 5.259 Vikingur Reykjavik Isl 1.600
    Lokomotiva Zagreb Cro 5.200 FK Jelgava Lat 1.600
    Shamrock Rovers Irl 5.150 Olimpic Sarajevo Bos 1.500
    F91 Dudelange Lux 5.025 NSI Runavik Far 1.450
    Inter Baku Azb 5.000 Sant Julià And 1.416
    Linfield Belfast Nir 4.975 Atlantas Klaipeda Lit 1.400
    FC Beroe Stara Zagora Bul 4.850 Glenavon Nir 1.225
    Valletta FC Mlt 4.841 Cork City Irl 1.150
    Differdange 03 Lux 4.775 Uni College Dublin Irl 1.150
    Rabotnicki Skopje Mac 4.675 Kruoja Pakruojis Lit 1.150
    Torpedo Zhodino Bls 4.650 La Fiorita Sma 1.099
    Aberdeen Sco 4.580 Airbus UK Broughton Wal 1.075
    Dacia Chisinau Mol 4.500 Partizani Tirana Alb 1.075
    NK Koper Slo 4.475 Progrès Niederkorn Lux 1.025
    St. Patrick's Athletic Irl 4.400 FK Trakai Lit 0.900
    Beitar Jerusalem Isr 4.200 Spartaks Jurmala Lat 0.850
    Zrinjski Mostar Bos 4.000 Balzan FC Mlt 0.841
    HB Torshavn Far 3.950 Bala Town Wal 0.825
    Buducnost Podgorica Mon 3.875 Juvenes Dogana Sma 0.599
    Birkirkara Mlt 3.591 Newtown Wal 0.575
    NK Domzale Slo 3.475 Alashkert FC Arm 0.550
    FC Vaduz Lie 3.450 College Europa Gib 0.300
    All teams on the left hand side are potential tie to be drawn except for Pats and Rovers.
    I feel a good year for LOI team in europe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Can you decode your post for us please or else post a link to the information?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Can you decode your post for us please or else post a link to the information?

Seeded teams on the left and unseeded teams on the right, the numbers are the clubs coefficient

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

You need too put it in a table form

There's a post on CCFCForum showing the seeded teams that will likely make up the Northern section. The groups could be gerrymandered to fit teams in and even up the sections, though.

In terms of a winnable tie and easy to get to, I'd be hoping for Linfield above all others ('tis unfortunate that Cliftonville didn't qualify, they'd have been seeded, too). Next would be Luxembourg, the Faroes (hard to get to, but winnable), Go Ahead Eagles (easy to get to from Cork, were relegated so might be winnable and would give us a seeded place in the 2nd round if we won) then the Scots (easy to get to, difficult but probably easier than the Scandinavian sides). Then West Ham, just for a big draw and easy to get to.

I want to avoid the Scandinavian sides. Don't think we'd fare well against them, a bit trickier to get to and expensive. Irish teams did well against the around 2004-2008, but I think they've gotten wise to us by now.

Club doing competitions/draws for free tickets on Facebook and Twitter for anyone that wants to enter.
    Team League Coefficient

Brøndby IF Denmark 7.460
    Randers Denmark 5.960
    West Ham United England 16.078
    HB Faroes 3.950
    Hafnarfjördur Iceland 6.100
    KR Reykjavík Iceland 5.600
    Differdange 03 Luxembourg 4.775
    F91 Dudelange Luxembourg 5.025
    Go Ahead Eagles Netherlands 8.195
    Linfield Northern Ireland 4.975
    Rosenborg Norway 11.875
    Strømsgodset Norway 5.875
    Aberdeen Scotland 4.580
    St. Johnstone Scotland 6.080
    AIK Sweden 9.045
    Elfsborg Sweden 11.545
    Depending on how they decide to do the European Groupings I could see them including Belarus/Poland.

Shakhter Soligorsk Belarus 7.150
    Jagiellonia Poland 5.550
    Slask Wroclaw Poland 8.800

UEFA have announced the groups for the first round draw. We're in Group 8:

Seeded
    AIK Solna (SWE)
    Go Ahead Eagles (NED)*
    İnter Bakı PİK (AZE)
    KR Reykjavík (ISL)
    HB Tórshavn (FRO)

Unseeded
    Ferencvárosi TC (HUN)
    FK Trakai (LTU)
    VPS Vaasa (FIN)
    Cork City FC (IRL)
    KF Laçi (ALB)

Faroe Islands team would probably be top of the list. Iceland wouldn't be too bad either, nor would the Netherlands. We wouldn't stand much of a chance against AIK and Azerbaijan would be an absolute disaster in terms of travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Fabio

KR are beatable I'd say, although they'll be joke, they did well against Shelbourne a few years back.

Not a bad draw, will easy for fans to get there, lots of flights from Belfast and Dublin. Really should be looking to progress in this tie if we have any ambition, won't be easy they are in europe every year and know whats its about, the likes of Healy, mcnulty and dennehy will have to use all the experience and step up big time if we are to progress but I have faith in them to do so. Derry away Friday is another crunch game in the title challenge and a must win with all the other teams around us picking up point, big win vs Derry Friday and then a weeks rest for the big European return to the cross, this is when we start to see what this squad is made of nothing comes easy

Derry 0-2 Cork City. Dennehy has been best signing we've had in year keep on coming up with the goods. big game now Thursday but I really think a packed cross and good atmosphere will get us a home win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Paddico

Is there something wrong with the normal CCFC Forum. Always enjoy a read of it there but now I am getting some strange 'Install Community Suite' message where a licence key is involved.

Anyone else have this.
    What do I need to do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Same for on the mobile

Advertisement