Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

marwelie wrote: »
    The only complaint I have about last Friday is the complete lack of wheelchair facilities at the Cross. To my knowledge there is no wheelchair toilet in the ground and no covered area for wheelchair users (home or away). Thank you to one of the locals for lending me his umbrella, without it I would have swam back to Dublin. And the ramps down to the pitchside should come with a government health warning. If you werent in a wheelchair before you negotiated them, you could have been afterwards, especially with the underfoot conditions last Friday.....

I'm sorry to hear that had to put up with being out in the rain on Friday. Unfortunately, we're very much at the behest of the MFA. As anchor tenants from whom they happily collect tens of thousands a year from, they treat us very poorly. We have little say in what's done to the stadium. They're used to be a covered wheel chair section next to the Old Shed (it was like a smaller version of the Shed), but since that end was re-developed, it's all been uncovered. They really should have made an area at the back of the St Anne's End for wheelchair users when they put the roof on it.

It'd do no harm for you to send a written complaint onto the MFA. Maybe contact Cork City FC, too. Whilst the club would have little say in what can be done, they might still pitch it to the MFA about changes to the ground that need to be done. It might be a good idea to have Shamrock Rovers FC fighting your cause, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,070 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear that had to put up with being out in the rain on Friday. Unfortunately, we're very much at the behest of the MFA. As anchor tenants from whom they happily collect tens of thousands a year from, they treat us very poorly. We have little say in what's done to the stadium. They're used to be a covered wheel chair section next to the Old Shed (it was like a smaller version of the Shed), but since that end was re-developed, it's all been uncovered. They really should have made an area at the back of the St Anne's End for wheelchair users when they put the roof on it.

It'd do no harm for you to send a written complaint onto the MFA. Maybe contact Cork City FC, too. Whilst the club would have little say in what can be done, they might still pitch it to the MFA about changes to the ground that need to be done. It might be a good idea to have Shamrock Rovers FC fighting your cause, too.

Agree with your post.

Is not having a stadium killing Cork City fc to a degree? Do MFA they take % of the gate?

Cause with crowds we have been getting you would think money would be big help for future

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Fabio

It's a good thing, strangely, that City have not owned the ground. If the club owned the Cross it would have been taken and sold by the examiners in the dark period of the Arkaga days and Coughlan days. I also think that a full TC is better than a half empty modern stadium located elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Fabio wrote: »
    It's a good thing, strangely, that City have not owned the ground. If the club owned the Cross it would have been taken and sold by the examiners in the dark period of the Arkaga days and Coughlan days. I also think that a full TC is better than a half empty modern stadium located elsewhere.

A lot of the crowd on a Friday night will make their way into town afterwards. Itd be a bit of a walk from Bishopstown or Mahon. I know a lot of mates that go to bigger games but wouldnt be too bothered but its as the first part of a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

marwelie wrote: »

The only complaint I have about last Friday is the complete lack of wheelchair facilities at the Cross. To my knowledge there is no wheelchair toilet in the ground and no covered area for wheelchair users (home or away). Thank you to one of the locals for lending me his umbrella, without it I would have swam back to Dublin. And the ramps down to the pitchside should come with a government health warning. If you werent in a wheelchair before you negotiated them, you could have been afterwards, especially with the underfoot conditions last Friday.....

Sorry to hear you didnt have a great experience, to mirror what others said, it wouldnt be the worst thing in the world to let the MFA know, even if you have to do that through Cork City/ Shamrock Rovers.

The MFA are very much a backwards organization. They see Cork City as a money pump and dont seem to grasp the fact that Turners Cross would still be 3 mud-hills and the Shed terrace if it wasnt for Cork City being anchor tenants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Are the MFA not just a branch of the FAI?.So does that make John Delaney the landlord of Turners Cross?.

One thing I would like to see is that god awful wall taken down on the Curragh road side.It makes it look very shabby and you would hardly know there is a stadium behind it.

Are the MFA not just a branch of the FAI?.So does that make John Delaney the landlord of Turners Cross?.

One thing I would like to see is that god awful wall taken down on the Curragh road side.It makes it look very shabby and you would hardly know there is a stadium behind it.

The club has went to the MFA upwards of 8 times over the course of the off season about the outside wall. They even offered to paint it themselves out of their own pockets but the MFA declined the offer. Thats the kind of people we are dealing with here. They wont let it be coloured in City colours, they wont allow the name of the club be painted on the wall, only on the end of a sign above the turnstiles that you wouldnt even see.

CHealy wrote: »
    The club has went to the MFA upwards of 8 times over the course of the off season about the outside wall. They even offered to paint it themselves out of their own pockets but the MFA declined the offer. Thats the kind of people we are dealing with here. They wont let it be coloured in City colours, they wont allow the name of the club be painted on the wall, only on the end of a sign above the turnstiles that you wouldnt even see.

What a shower of *ankers.Surely they need Cork city more than city need them.Especially with the redevelopment of Musgrave park etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

A few years ago Sky were televising some U21 match in Turners Cross. On the intro, the guy said "Welcome to Turners Cross home of Cork City FC". Apparently an MFA blazer went storming over to the OB unit demanding a correction be made. They are bunch of idiots the lot of them. You would see them coming into the pub after their monthly meetings and you would swear to god royalty had marched in the way they carry themselves. They are a sad sad excuse for an organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭applehunter

Small feature on City before the actual hightlights were shown on Soccer Republic last night

• Advertisement

CHealy wrote: »
    They see Cork City as a money pump and dont seem to grasp the fact that Turners Cross would still be 3 mud-hills and the Shed terrace if it wasnt for Cork City being anchor tenants.

Thats a very good point when look it that way
    gimmick wrote: »
    A few years ago Sky were televising some U21 match in Turners Cross. On the intro, the guy said "Welcome to Turners Cross home of Cork City FC". Apparently an MFA blazer went storming over to the OB unit demanding a correction be made. They are bunch of idiots the lot of them. You would see them coming into the pub after their monthly meetings and you would swear to god royalty had marched in the way they carry themselves. They are a sad sad excuse for an organisation.

Would these be mostly Corkmen or all around Munster?

If they do carry on like that no wonder football is in the way it is.

Is there any way of getting rid of these lads and tell them to jack off? I doubt it I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

If anyone here has played in the AUL for any length of time, you'll know all about how deluded and backward the MFA are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

gimmick wrote: »

Unreal. But fully believable.

It's that "upper" layer of Irish society that is so bitter and corrupt and generally inept.

I wonder will Ireland ever rid its self of these types to allow future generations to get things done properly.

Is there any way of getting rid of these lads and tell them to jack off? I doubt it I guess.

From what I have seen, it would be guys from around Munster. At a recent MSC game, I could see lads in their blazers getting out of cars with regs from all over Munster. Make of that what you want.

Corholio wrote: »
    If anyone here has played in the AUL for any length of time, you'll know all about how deluded and backward the MFA are.

I can only imagine.

Names of the MFA jokers here

http://www.munsterfa.com/members.html

Who paid for the upgrading work at Turners Cross over the last 10 years,CCFC or MFA??

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

There's 34 teams in the Munster Senior League. All of them are from Cork.

There's 34 teams in the Munster Senior League. All of them are from Cork.

Thats ridiculous. I'm not too familiar with local leagues but is it a case of teams outside of Cork not giving a crap cause its so Cork dominated? I know there is a huge volume of teams in and around the city, but surely there a few in Limerick and Waterford especially?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Its a blazers situation. The MFA who are basically the Cork FA would have to give up some power, as would their cohorts in Limerick (who have a quite strong league) etc etc etc.

Looking forward to tomorrow, now. We should be getting another big enough crowd at the Cross. 3,500-4,000 would be good. If we keep doing well, we'll maintain a good average for the next few matches.

I'm wary of Sligo hitting back, though. It seems they've been missing plenty of chances, and they had a last minute goal disallowed on Monday. If they're creating so many chances, they're bound to score a few in a game at some stage. If we keep calm and limit them like we did Shamrock Rovers, I'm confident of a win, though. I'd be delighted with a 1-0.

3 points first and anything more on goal diference is welcome bonus.

Would not be totally disappointed with draw tomorrow night, but be nice keep run going as we have 3 Friday home games in a row.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 balanallen6

Great day for a game of football. I hope Healy will be fit after a knock to his ankle last week.

Great day for a game of football. I hope Healy will be fit after a knock to his ankle last week.

I wouldnt mind if we gave him a rest for this one to recover to be honest. He's been in our top 3 best players this season no doubt, if not the best. We need to keep him going for the season if we are going to have any chance. Dave O'Leary and Darren Murphy are two great players to cover the position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Any news on Rafter, Elding and Morrissey?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 balanallen6

kcb wrote: »
    Any news on Rafter, Elding and Morrissey?
    Elding is nearly there, listed as doubtful for tonight. I think Rafter and Morrissey should be back in the next two weeks or so.

Top of the league, cup champions in town, nice, dry day and the sun is supposed to properly come out in a few hours. We should be getting close to 4,000 for this. Hopefully another good performance and another three points.

Healy's a doubt, so I'd say it'll be Darren Murphy replacing him and the rest of the team to be the same as the Shamrock Rovers match. Looking forward to another good game.

Good crowd say tonight around 4,000 should be there.

Another great atmosphere in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Any news on Healy?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,685 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Looking forward to tonights game, glad to be able to get to this one, weather is fine and 3 more points will be very welcome indeed.

Bit of a wake up call tonight. Our first touch and passing was awful. Healy was big miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭applehunter

We were always going to miss Healy the way he was playing.

Hustle and bustle will only take you so far.

Defence looks very threadbare.

Happy to take the point.

Advertisement