Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,070 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just last few minutes on twitter
    Cork City FC ‏@CorkCityFC 5m
    TICKET UPDATE: @sohobarcork and the club shop are both sold out of tickets. Tickets still on sale from the Beer Garden. (1/2)
    Cork City FC ‏@CorkCityFC 5m
    TICKET UPDATE: Tickets will go on sale at Turner's Cross at 3.30 pm. (2/2)

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

This real-time information and people should realise that tickets will be available outside the ground in advance of the game too. Just give yourself time in the event that it is sold out coming up to kick off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Gents, I know for a fact that the game is not even close to being sold out. It will not sell out until close to kick off. If at all.

Kudos on the hype machine though.

This real-time information and people should realise that tickets will be available outside the ground in advance of the game too. Just give yourself time in the event that it is sold out coming up to kick off.

Yes, sure thats what second tweet said.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

gimmick wrote: »
    Gents, I know for a fact that the game is not even close to being sold out. It will not sell out until close to kick off. If at all.

Is that not basically what I just said?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭TOMO666

Come on City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

gimmick wrote: »

It has SOLD OUT..... on the allocations given to the particular outlets. Plenty of tickets on the night folks. It wont "sell out" if you catch my drift.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Banker

The ticket allocations given to various outlets have sold out but there will be plenty of tickets available before the game.

No doubt there will be big queues so get there early. Tickets are on sale outside the ground now and have been since 3:30.

A good result here tonight against Rovers and the place will be rocking....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Weather taken a turn for the worst:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,685 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Fúkin gutted I missed tonight's match - brother kept me informed, super 3 points, top of the pile !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Could have been more.

Easily 5,500 there tonight, maybe more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Could have been more.

Easily 5,500 there tonight, maybe more.

Official attendance was 5676 but as you said, could've been more if it stayed dry.

Just a brilliant performance tonight, despite an awful referee.

Ya Ref was poor.

Would expect 3,500-4,000 next week against Sligo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Ya Ref was poor.

Would expect 3,500-4,000 next week against Sligo.

Personally, I would be hoping it to be nudging 5,000. I know Sligo don't carry the same sort of attraction that Shamrock Rovers do but I feel that if that performance and result doesn't help to bring supporters back then I really don't know what will.

And besides, we are, after all, the league leaders. (Had to get that in!! :D)

Wilberto wrote: »
    Personally, I would be hoping it to be nudging 5,000. I know Sligo don't carry the same sort of attraction that Shamrock Rovers do but I feel that if that performance and result doesn't help to bring supporters back then I really don't know what will.

And besides, we are, after all, the league leaders. (Had to get that in!! :D)

You could be right.

We got 2,750 for Bray so after tonight and it being Sligo I expect another good crowd.

TBH its great having these crowds at games.

Remember we played Rovers last season on a sunny Sunday day and no more then 2,000 at it.

with 3,000+ at least its very good atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I was shocked at how bad Rovers were. Absolutely murdered them on the break. City midfield were excellent.

Looking forward to seeing what they can do when they get a few strikers fit. Cracking start to the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Looking forward to seeing what they can do when they get a few strikers fit. Cracking start to the season.

Elding and the rest aren't going too move Marky Sull in a hurry!! He was awesome last night! He made Billy's goal outa nothing, scored and was a class act all over the park!! Was brilliant watching the Rovers fans leaving after the 3rd went too the chants of EASY EASY down the St Anne's end

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

13639141094_4c7d38513c_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Duplicate

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DeadlyH83

Duplicate

It was my first time in nearly 20 years of supporting City that I had seen the whole stadium singing "Stand up for the Cork City"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

DeadlyH83 wrote: »
    It was my first time in nearly 20 years of supporting City that I had seen the whole stadium singing "Stand up for the Cork City"
    They were doing that last week when douglas hall beat them 3-1 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

DeadlyH83 wrote: »

We were singing "stand up if your top of the league" down the st Anne's end

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭TOMO666

Family enclosure was full & rocking, the next generation of supporters. If they keep seeing City play like that, and the crowds & atmosphere in the ground be as good as it was, they happy days again on the horizon. The last time I've seen it like that was on the run in to the League win in 2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Absolutely fantastic match last night. From start to finish, we absolutely bossed the game. Rovers were played off the park and never looked like scoring. We could've easily gotten an extra two or three. That's a +9 goal difference and 11 goals from 5 matches. When we have a full selection, we'll do some damage up front. At the moment, it's Mark O'Sullivan and one of the other three lads. I'd say Morrissey would work very well with him, and we'd have the option of bringing Rafter off the bench if we needed a goal. I'm not sure where Elding fits in.

The defence are doing their job, too. A third clean sheet and only two goals conceded. Dan and Darren are putting together a great partnership at the back. Kilduff was anonymous because of them. Am I right in saying that Rovers only had one shot on target, about halfway through the second half? They were fantastic.

970158_10151941351356886_985434693_n.jpg

Credit to Peadar O'Sullivan for the photo and the Commandos for the display.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

The Limerick match on Monday is postponed because of damage done to the pitch during a rugby match. So, our next match is now Sligo at home on Friday. Hopefully we'll get another big crowd out at it. Following the result and performance against Shamrock Rovers on Friday, we should be looking at 4,000+ for this, depending on the weather. They're doing very poorly at the moment, so we really have to be looking for a win. Hopefully, with Sligo playing Drogheda at home on Monday, it'll give us an extra advantage with a longer rest period. If we play like we did two days ago and the crowd create as good an atmosphere, we should win.

KcF6.jpg

I wish it was Friday already tbh.

Cant wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

If people are not tempted back after Friday we may as well just give up trying. Weather aside it was perfect.

Good atmosphere all round Turners Cross. There were even people singing in The Horseshoe after. We had to tell them be quiet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭applehunter

Are City now title contenders??????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Are City now title contenders??????

As Johnny C said himself, we are ahead in the sprint, but the league is a marathon.

We are ripping it up at the moment, but the real test will be what happens when we get a bit of a slump. We will lose games, and its what happens after this is what counts for most in the search of a league title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Went to the game on Friday as a Rovers fan. CCFC played us off the pitch until Colin Healy was substituted. The two Dennehys were superb and Murray has always been class when he has someone with him prepared to do all the donkey work. I always likened him to Rovers version of Rio Ferdinand to Craig Sives version of Nemanja Vidic.

The only complaint I have about last Friday is the complete lack of wheelchair facilities at the Cross. To my knowledge there is no wheelchair toilet in the ground and no covered area for wheelchair users (home or away). Thank you to one of the locals for lending me his umbrella, without it I would have swam back to Dublin. And the ramps down to the pitchside should come with a government health warning. If you werent in a wheelchair before you negotiated them, you could have been afterwards, especially with the underfoot conditions last Friday.....

Advertisement