Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Mara won't sack Coughlin and Reese brought Beckham to the Giants so he gets one more year. I think Perry Fewell will be the causality in the off season and Coughlin will get to see out the final year of his deal.

Coughlin should get the chop but he won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I thought this was Coughlin's last year. If he has one more, I definitely see him staying.

Honestly, he's superman.

https://vine.co/v/OnLBirvJQga

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

He kicks better than Brown

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Kiwanuka and Synder also added to the IR today.. so that makes a total of 18 players injured

• Advertisement

Kiwanuka and Synder also added to the IR today.. so that makes a total of 18 players injured

About 12 games too late.

(I feel bad for saying it, though)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Knex. wrote: »
    About 12 games too late.

(I feel bad for saying it, though)

Never wanna see a guy injured of course, but Kiwi playing the amount he has this season is a joke. At least now they have to give SOMEONE ELSE a chance. The guy has 2.5 sacks for crying out loud!!

tgdaly wrote: »
    Never wanna see a guy injured of course, but Kiwi playing the amount he has this season is a joke. At least now they have to give SOMEONE ELSE a chance. The guy has 2.5 sacks for crying out loud!!

"But he's a more solid option in the run game". Sigh.

That shoddy production or fear factor doesn't help our other defensive linemen either, especially JPP.

How Ayers didn't get more game time, despite being in form, will never make sense to me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

So who is going to suck less on Sunday? Both teams are banged up, will likely be an awful game

So who is going to suck less on Sunday? Both teams are banged up, will likely be an awful game

I have no faith in either team :(:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

We are on a 7 game losing streak Heli & are 1.5 point favourites!! I wanted ye to do well this year so it's been huge disappointment all round.

I'm with Knex here, no faith in either team, could be a classic caper comedy.

Well at least we beat the Titans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Well at least we beat the Titans

The giants cheerleaders would have beaten the Titans

The giants cheerleaders would have beaten the Titans

We don't have any!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

We don't have any!

and Titans still would have lost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Gotta feel sorry for the Titans. We're a garbage football team and we hammered them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

yup.

glued wrote: »
    Gotta feel sorry for the Titans. We're a garbage football team and we hammered them.

Titans don't know who their quarterback is that's the problem. At least we have a settled QB in Eli and a weapon in OBJ. That was the difference last night

Titans don't know who their quarterback is that's the problem. At least we have a settled QB in Eli and a weapon in OBJ. That was the difference last night

I know Eli threw that bad pick, but I really loved the way he commanded at the line of scrimmage, changing snap counts, plays, protections etc. He was dragging and moving the backs and tight ends, physically even, on numerous occasions and it was great to see.

He looked pretty damn comfortable out there, the most I've seen all season, and I feel he finally has the full playbook down to a tee. We're seeing a lot more shots down field too, and obviously OBJ helps with that.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do next season, I really am.

He's on pace to break 4000 yards this season, which isn't to be sneered at with all our issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

If we can get Cruz back to around 75%, Beckham continues to progress and we can get a decent no 3 WR in the draft, I think our pass game will be ok next year

• Advertisement

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    If we can get Cruz back to around 75%, Beckham continues to progress and we can get a decent no 3 WR in the draft, I think our pass game will be ok next year

And if Larry Donnell stops thinking he can dive 18 yards every time he sees contact.

Parker has been solid, and it'll be interesting to see what happens with Randle and Washington next year too.

The organisation expect some good things from the likes of Marcus Harris too.

The level of effort been shown today is abismal

Just get this season over and done with already

The level of effort been shown today is abismal

Just get this season over and done with already

Its not a great day, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭wawaman

In years to come i think we will look back on this year as a good one. Not because of results or record but because OBJ came into the team. The guy is a grade A stud!

wawaman wrote: »
    In years to come i think we will look back on this year as a good one. Not because of results or record but because OBJ came into the team. The guy is a grade A stud!

We love you OBJ. You are the one reason to keep watching this season

Another great game from OBJ

3 TDs and looking a serious threat for many years to come

Like ye said lads the only reason to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

He is nigh on impossible to defend. It's not as though Eli has a tonne of weapons, it's sort of OBJ or nothing & he is still racking up catches & yards.

No idea how good this guy could become.

I said a few weeks back in one of the weekly threads, that I believed ODB would end up being the best receiver Manning has ever had to work with.

I didn't think he'd already look like a Franchise Receiver, hitting these crazy numbers, and adding some ridiculous catches, route running, and everything else as well.

I'm worried about calling rating him too high, just because he is a rookie, but holy shit, this guy is simply looking phenomenal.

Also, I don't know about you guys, but I'm loving watching Eli Manning again.

Excited for our offence next season, for so many reasons. Even seeing Richburg and Pugh going at it with another years experience behind them, coupled with a fit Schwartz and Beatty. Could say the same for our Tight Ends too.

We need more depth, for sure, but we're not very far off.

• Advertisement

Also, I don't know about you guys, but I'm loving watching Eli Manning again.

Excited for our offence next season, for so many reasons. Even seeing Richburg and Pugh going at it with another years experience behind them, coupled with a fit Schwartz and Beatty. Could say the same for our Tight Ends too.

We need more depth, for sure, but we're not very far off.

I truly think we are only 2 or 3 players away from a top offense. A couple of linemen to go with the guys you mentioned and maybe another receiver or tight end to go with OBJ, Randle, a fit again Cruz and Donnell. I think Donnell has shown enough and Jennings in the run game when fit, Williams can still progress and has shown flashes of being good. I'd still like to see more from Randle though

Advertisement