Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    think TC will stay on but def Perry Fool needs to go

our defence is an embarrassment

To be fair to him, one bad game doesn't do him justice. I'm not completely sold on him, but I don't think he's a bad coordinator.

He really doesn't have the talent on the roster to help him, at the moment. The injuries to our secondary and also missing Beason is really huge. Take that many key starters off any coordinator and they're going to have a hard time of it.

If TC stays, I'd keep Fewell. Clean house then the year after if it doesn't work out. But I don't think a healthy Giants roster will be too far away from the playoffs in 2015, I really don't.

The offense can only progress, and we'll go linebacker and safety in FA and the Draft next year, for sure. We do have a decent core when healthy, though.

We'll see what happens in the next few games, anyway. SF will run the ball down our throats, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

can't say it's one poor game for me

in theory fewell is bend but don't break. only problem there is that we have teams in plenty of third and longs but can't get off the field esp when PF sends 3 and drops ppl in "coverage". His lack of blitzing is unreal most games.

fella did analysis on giants boards and PF kept sending same blitz that was not getting home and then there was only 5 blitzes in a game

hated PF smiling on sideline as we were getting run over

if Killdrive got fired for Offence being broken same should apply to PF

I do injuries do not help him but the lack of effort is the most worrying aspect of the defence

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Probably the most damning statistic I have seen

"The Giants haven't beaten a winning team with its starting quarterback since the middle of the 2012 season"

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Can't believe we still have a chance of winning this. No matter what the result the defense has been mostly outstanding today, keeping us in with a chance of winning this when the offense has done nothing since the opening drive

And Eli has been awful, his fourth pick just now. You feel sorry for the defense today they really picked it up after a terrible performance last week, it's a pity this new offense isn't clicking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Tell me that didn't just happen

Sweet jesus

5 picks. That was a truly awful performance today for the offense. Can't believe we lost 16-10

tgdaly wrote: »
    5 picks. That was a truly awful performance today for the offense. Can't believe we onlylost 16-10

FYP

Very poor performance from Eli but some shocking play calling on offense.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    FYP

Very poor performance from Eli but some shocking play calling on offense.

The playcalling drove me insane. That 4th down INT had me raging. If you know you're gonna go for it on 4th regardless, run it on 3rd and give yourself more options at least.

Knex. wrote: »
    The playcalling drove me insane. That 4th down INT had me raging. If you know you're gonna go for it on 4th regardless, run it on 3rd and give yourself more options at least.

As the commentators for Fox were saying, they kept going for the fade in the end-zone when it is only a 50:50 shot. Also after 2 fades they had the quick slant set up but didn't try it, We literally threw the game to San Fran

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

More of a shift against TC in the media today. There is no way he'll stay. I know it's McAdo's first year trying to fix a broken offense but yesterday was just horrendous. I would like a total clear out but I reckon Reese will be given a chance to work with a coach that he hires. A lot of dead weight in this time. LB's are garbage and Charles Brown was just terrible.

6ft4 WR was nowhere to be seen on the 3 yard line. It's even more of a shambles that the likes of Washington isn't beint given a chance. Coughlin is just too stubborn as usual. At least show some progress for next year...

On a positive note OBJ continues to impress, highlight reel catches are the norm with him & he seems to be a really mature positive influence on the team. You could see how hard he is on himself when when he dropped the catch on 4th down on the final drive.

OBJ has been a stud, best draft choice in years for the giants

OBJ has been a stud, best draft choice in years for the giants

Our 1st round picks (the obvious Wilson exception) have been fairly good (OBJ, Prince, Pugh, JPP) but issue is that the utter waste of mid to late round draft picks is what is killing us

Our 1st round picks (the obvious Wilson exception) have been fairly good (OBJ, Prince, Pugh, JPP) but issue is that the utter waste of mid to late round draft picks is what is killing us

You'd have to also question the ability of the coaches to bring these guys on. Too many misses.

Also the issue of not spending high picks on positions of need, mainly linebackers

Also the issue of not spending high picks on positions of need, mainly linebackers

I suspect Jerry Reese does not actually believe this position exists, it's the only logical conclusion.

glued wrote: »
    You'd have to also question the ability of the coaches to bring these guys on. Too many misses.

This is TC's biggest failing for me. He really does not trust rookies unless he really has no other option IMO. The continued lack of playing time for young players at the end of last year & now when the season is gone is just unforgivable.

This is TC's biggest failing for me. He really does not trust rookies unless he really has no other option IMO. The continued lack of playing time for young players at the end of last year & now when the season is gone is just unforgivable.

Not just Rookies, really. Ayers still isn't a starter, which is a complete joke.

Knex. wrote: »
    Not just Rookies, really. Ayers still isn't a starter, which is a complete joke.

I was thinking of Moore not receiving any playing time which is crazy as well.

• Advertisement

When it comes down to it we can either blame Reese for not supplying the talent or Coughlin for not coaching the talent. Coughlin is too stubborn and 'old school' to be progressive and has never built a team here. We blew hot and cold throughout.

Reese has some pretty poor misses but I was really happy with what he added in the offseason. We do have talent on the roster but Coughlin and the coaching staff just can't get it from these guys on a consistent basis.

I would be really disappointed if Coughlin stayed on after this season. I would give Reese a chance to hire his own head coach and see what happens from there. I don't think we need major surgery.

We have committed to JPP, by letting Joseph walk, which is fair enough as he is very good against the run but he has lost the edge rushing the passer. If we can a decent deal with JPP and add a talented rusher and develop Moore then we could add a bit of variety to our pass rush and perhaps work a scheme that will help JPP get to the passer like we know that he can.

We need to add linebackers. Beason was a sick note coming into New York and he doesn't look durable at all. We have nobody there, no real talent.

If we dont spend a first or second round draft pick on a linebacker this year I'll go nuts

I suspect Jerry Reese does not actually believe this position exists, it's the only logical conclusion.

He just doesn't value LB and has no idea how to pick them

GIANTS PICKS BY POSITION UNDER GM JERRY REESE (2007-13)

Rounds 1-3
    Wide Receivers: 6
    Cornerbacks: 4
    Defensive Tackles: 4
    Defensive End: 2
    Offensive Linemen: 2
    Safeties: 2
    Running Backs: 1
    Linebackers: 1
    Tight Ends: 1

Overall
    Offensive Linemen: 9
    Linebackers: 7
    Cornerbacks: 6
    Safeties: 5
    Defensive Tackles: 5
    Running Backs: 5
    Defensive Ends: 4
    Tight Ends: 3
    Quarterbacks: 2
    Punter: 1

Another "how dare we question TC" article. Sure we won 2 Super Bowls but we were not a dominant team in any of those seasons apart from getting hot for 6 games twice. We have won 10 games in only 4 of his 11 seasons in charge.

So TC deserves all the credit for Super Bowl wins (despite the article clearly stating a lot of it had to do with Reese's draft class) & now has no responsibility for us being terrible.

There is certainly a lack of talent in certain positions but we are badly coached & poorly disciplined this year, that is on Coughlin. I do believe that Belichek would be doing a much better job than TC has with the same talent.

Another "how dare we question TC" article. Sure we won 2 Super Bowls but we were not a dominant team in any of those seasons apart from getting hot for 6 games twice. We have won 10 games in only 4 of his 11 seasons in charge.

So TC deserves all the credit for Super Bowl wins (despite the article clearly stating a lot of it had to do with Reese's draft class) & now has no responsibility for us being terrible.

There is certainly a lack of talent in certain positions but we are badly coached & poorly disciplined this year, that is on Coughlin. I do believe that Belichek would be doing a much better job than TC has with the same talent.

I agree. Also I wasn't even aware of that fact about the 10 win seasons until you said it. Obviously 10 wins doesn't mean everything when you consider a 7-9 win team can make the playoffs, but clearly we haven't progressed and been continuously dominant and consistent like say the Patriots or the Packers

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    He just doesn't value LB and has no idea how to pick them

GIANTS PICKS BY POSITION UNDER GM JERRY REESE (2007-13)

Rounds 1-3
    Cornerbacks: 4
    Defensive Tackles: 4
    Defensive End: 2
    Offensive Linemen: 2
    Safeties: 2
    Running Backs: 1
    Linebackers: 1
    Tight Ends: 1

Overall
    Offensive Linemen: 9
    Linebackers: 7
    Cornerbacks: 6
    Safeties: 5
    Defensive Tackles: 5
    Running Backs: 5
    Defensive Ends: 4
    Tight Ends: 3
    Quarterbacks: 2
    Punter: 1

Wow. 1 top 3 draft pick on linebackers in 7 years says it all

I know and that was Clint Sintim who was never a 4-3 fit

Wow OBJ. Greatest catch ever. A truly special player we drafted

• Advertisement

If Cruz comes back the same player, himself and ODB on the same field is a nightmare for any team.

Schwartz has made a nice difference to the OL as well.

Advertisement