Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Losing is all part of the game but jesus I hate losing to the cowgirls

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Losing is all part of the game but jesus I hate losing to the cowgirls

Couldn't agree more

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Better performance than last week on offense, but our defense still looks non existant

tgdaly wrote: »
    Better performance than last week on offense, but our defense still looks non existant

Our front 4 are fine but our LB's & secondary were terrible.

Beason is clearly struggling, hopefully the bye week will be of benefit to him. I can't quite understand why Williams continues to play head of Paysinger. He is great in theory but he simply is not as solid or consistent a player as Paysinger.

Prince had a tough one on one match up with Bryant & did as well as could be expected. Rolle is bit playing well this, think he will leave once the season is over. I wouldn't want to commit much money to him. With DRC clearly unfit & Thurmond & McBride gone we were always going to be in trouble with Hosley & Fenner getting fame time.

Seeing that former Giant making his debut for the a Ravens was galling. Letting go of a top 5 safety was a risky move with the questions over what Stevie Brown would be like coming back from injury. Would love to pick up Cody Prewitt from Ole Miss in the upcoming draft to build our safeties around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭boccy23

Hankins was a beast last night.

• Advertisement

boccy23 wrote: »
    Hankins was a beast last night.

Has been all year to be fair. Not sour grapes but to date I would say he has been an upgrade over Linval Joseph. Unbelievable that a man of his size can move as quick as he does.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/10/21/7031823/jon-beason-injury-linebacker-50-50-on-season-ending-surgery

Looks like Jon Beason will go with the surgery. Smart iðea really as don't see us doing much one way or the other. Hopefully he comes back strong next year as he is not worth his contract at present.

Beason officially done for the season. Hes having the surgery

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

bit of contradiction from Mr Reese

"I think at times we’re a little bit almost too cautious with what we’re doing offensively. This is the National Football League. You’ve got to go out there and you have to win the game. You can’t think something’s going to fall into your lap. You’ve got to go out and take the games. I think we have to be more aggressive offensively.

I appreciate Eli taking care of the ball and not turning it over because that correlates to wins a lot of the time, but you can’t be too cautious. You’ve got to throw the ball down the field. You’ve got to score points in this league to win."

last year offence was broken thanks to lot of slow developing plays with bad o line to protect and lots of INTs

he wants us to go back to bad Eli days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Prince tore his bicep and is out for the rest of the season. If Giants were a horse, it would be shot in the face.

Season is done.

Let Manning get the reps with ODB, Donnell and Washington for the remainder of the season. They're our future. ODB has the world at his feet. He could be a top 5 receiver in this league.

Randle doesn't seem up to it. Parker is handy, but not a 1/2/3 receiver.

Glad Ayers got his reps tonight. One of the few who did turn up and play well.

We are cursed with injuries. Absolutely cursed.

wawaman wrote: »

Lombardi himself couldn't get this team to the playoffs right now. Too many injuries, and not enough depth. Team is quite young as well.

Its annoying, as before the injuries I definitely feel like we had a roster that put us in contention. Lets develop the players, McAdoo's offense, Eli's timing and comfortability, and just go from there.

That was pretty poor (even allowing for the few bad breaks)

The injury list is crippling. You would have the core of a very decent roster with Victor Cruz, Rashad Jennings, Geoff Schwarz, Cullen Jenkins, David Wilson, Jon Beason, Prince Amukamara, Walter Thurmond & Trumaine McBride.

All that being said I still think we are not being well coached and there are too many mental mistakes.

The positives are that Larry Donnell, Jonathan Hankins & Devon Kennard are progressing nicely as the season is going along. Robert Ayers has been fantastic & probably our best free agent signing.

The disappointments are that Andre Williams looks to be a below average RB. Once again we are having to rely on Peyton Hillis (serious soft spot for Hillis at this point)

Randle is not progressing the way you would want, still making plenty of physical & mental errors.

The o-line is obviously a work in progress but you would expect more from them (especially in the ground game)

JPP is obviously great in the run game but there has to be a serious question as to how much you pay a DE who can't get to the QB.

Our safety play is atrocious. Stevie Brown is clearly not the same player, Quentin Demps is a back up at best & Antrell Rolle is struggling to play at a high level & pretty much a liability in coverage.

All in all it is not a great position to be in, think we will pick up a few wins & get to 6-10 or 7-9 at this point (things will get better with Jennings & Schwartz) but I think it is time to move on from TC.

So as not to think that I am a complete misery guts let's finish with the most exciting performance by a Giant since Wilson tore up the Saints. OBJ looks sensational. Superb route runner, great hands, can go up and come down with a contested ball & has great speed. If he can stay healthy & get Cruz back and Donnell progresses then Eli (or whoever is QB) will have top class weapons to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

The Prince news is the final kick to the teeth. What a terrible season for injuries this has been.

Does anyone think Tom will 'retire' this season?

Keno wrote: »
    The Prince news is the final kick to the teeth. What a terrible season for injuries this has been.

Does anyone think Tom will 'retire' this season?

Could certainly be a possibility, I guess that if we finish 7-9 though Reese will let him see out the final year of his contract.

Antrelle Rolle's comments yesterday, he should probably he needs to look in the mirror

"On our sideline it's very dead. Throughout the course of the game it's dead. We need a pulse.

" ... what we need to do as coaches and players ... lay it on the line. Call it what it is. Call a spade to spade. You don't need to save anyone's butt at this point. It is what it is. If a player's messing up, call him out. If they're not getting the job done, call him out.

"You have to play the game with passion," he said. "We have 53 players. You should never have to talk to another grown man about playing this game with passion . . . I'm not responsible for no other man. I'm responsible for myself. I'm responsible for being a leader and trying to contribute the best I can, I'm responsible for trying to keep things together. I will never ever in this world be responsible for another man's emotions or passion for this game. That's not what it's supposed to be about. Every man has to be accountable for his own actions and right now I'm not seeing every man going out there fighting and scratching and clawing like dogs."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Antrelle Rolle's comments yesterday, he should probably he needs to look in the mirror

"On our sideline it's very dead. Throughout the course of the game it's dead. We need a pulse.

" ... what we need to do as coaches and players ... lay it on the line. Call it what it is. Call a spade to spade. You don't need to save anyone's butt at this point. It is what it is. If a player's messing up, call him out. If they're not getting the job done, call him out.

"You have to play the game with passion," he said. "We have 53 players. You should never have to talk to another grown man about playing this game with passion . . . I'm not responsible for no other man. I'm responsible for myself. I'm responsible for being a leader and trying to contribute the best I can, I'm responsible for trying to keep things together. I will never ever in this world be responsible for another man's emotions or passion for this game. That's not what it's supposed to be about. Every man has to be accountable for his own actions and right now I'm not seeing every man going out there fighting and scratching and clawing like dogs."

Him and JPP do my head in at times, all they do is sprout nonsense and then when it comes time to back it up on the field they are no where to be seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Rumour has it that JPP is looking for 10M. I don't think you can justify that for a player who can't get to the passer. Great against the run but not so great against the pass.

We're going to need a big FA and coaching changes to get out of this rut we're in.

glued wrote: »
    Rumour has it that JPP is looking for 10M. I don't think you can justify that for a player who can't get to the passer. Great against the run but not so great against the pass.

We're going to need a big FA and coaching changes to get out of this rut we're in.

I'd pay 8-10m for JPP, tbh.

We're in rebuild, but we need a senior figure to help the likes of Moore, and whoever else we sign, and I really don't want that to be Kiwi.

Ayers has been great, but we need more.

Eli up for negotiations as well. He deserves better than the Giants right now, so could be an interesting one to see which side gets value. I imagine he'll stay put as well though.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    I'd pay 8-10m for JPP, tbh.

We're in rebuild, but we need a senior figure to help the likes of Moore, and whoever else we sign, and I really don't want that to be Kiwi.

Ayers has been great, but we need more.

Eli up for negotiations as well. He deserves better than the Giants right now, so could be an interesting one to see which side gets value. I imagine he'll stay put as well though.

I would agree with paying 8-10m for JPP. It is one of those situations where I really don't think we have much option. The lack of playing time for Moore is stunning. How Kiwi is starting ahead of Ayers is also baffling.

Eli has a $19 million cap hit next year. I would hold fire on giving him a new deal. Would like to see him do a Brady on his next contract to allow us to put pieces on him. I wouldn't like to commit more than 2 years to him though.

I would agree with paying 8-10m for JPP. It is one of those situations where I really don't think we have much option. The lack of playing time for Moore is stunning. How Kiwi is starting ahead of Ayers is also baffling.

Eli has a $19 million cap hit next year. I would hold fire on giving him a new deal. Would like to see him do a Brady on his next contract to allow us to put pieces on him. I wouldn't like to commit more than 2 years to him though.

Agree with all of that. I think Eli can play another 4+ years, easily. Its not like he relies on athleticism anyway!

We have been in 3 and 8 or longer 52 times so far this yr

no wonder we are so bad on 3rd dowm conversions

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    We have been in 3 and 8 or longer 52 times so far this yr

no wonder we are so bad on 3rd dowm conversions

Feels like 50 of them have been since Jennings got injured.

Zack Bowman has been hospitalised with a lower abdominal issue. Anyone fancy a game at corner back for the Giants. Talk about a cursed position.

No Prince, Thurmond, McBride, Jackson for the year. A clearly hobbled DRC & now Bowman.

Jayron Hosley would be our number 2 corner with Chandler Fenner & the newly signed Mike Harris (??) & Chyki Brown (Ravens cut him, mikemac1 reckons he is pretty terrible)

I wonder what TT & Corey Webster are up to these days?

danged missed a football life with Parcells

Anybody know if it's repeated?

can't seem to find it on planner

Zack Bowman has been hospitalised with a lower abdominal issue. Anyone fancy a game at corner back for the Giants. Talk about a cursed position.

No Prince, Thurmond, McBride, Jackson for the year. A clearly hobbled DRC & now Bowman.

Jayron Hosley would be our number 2 corner with Chandler Fenner & the newly signed Mike Harris (??) & Chyki Brown (Ravens cut him, mikemac1 reckons he is pretty terrible)

I wonder what TT & Corey Webster are up to these days?

Champ Bailey, welcome back to the NFL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

I'm hoping you guys are wrong. There is no way I'd pay $10M for another underperfoming talent. He's terribly inconsistent and I'm not sure I can watch Tyron Smith abuse him twice a year, every year anymore.

The last thing we need is to load this roster with inconsistent talent that leaves us in cap hell. We're going to need to rebuild yet again.

Is everybody in the Coughlin and Reese out camp yet?

glued wrote: »
    I'm hoping you guys are wrong. There is no way I'd pay $10M for another underperfoming talent. He's terribly inconsistent and I'm not sure I can watch Tyron Smith abuse him twice a year, every year anymore.

The last thing we need is to load this roster with inconsistent talent that leaves us in cap hell. We're going to need to rebuild yet again.

Is everybody in the Coughlin and Reese out camp yet?

Coughlin def has to go.

12 months ago I firmly believed Reese should be gone as well but his last 2 drafts give signs for hope. Pugh, Hankins, OBJ & Richburg all look like long term starters. Moore, Williams & Kennard also look like they could contribute on a regular basis.

• Advertisement

think TC will stay on but def Perry Fool needs to go

our defence is an embarrassment

Advertisement