Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

tgdaly wrote: »
    To hopefully be spent on a linebacker (although not likely)

My choice would be pass-rusher, be that DE or OLB (Shane Ray, Randy Gregory, Leonard Williams) would be good if available. I'm not overly convinced by the top o-linemen. Shaq Thompson would be the linebacker of choice if we go that way early.

OBJ's catch on Boykin tonight was fairly spectacular.he is a bit of a human highlight reel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

What a useless end to the season. Eagles aren't a great side by any stretch and we looked far behind them. Hopefully TC will be out the door soon. Horrible season bar ODB.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

TC will not be gone

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭tgdaly

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    TC will not be gone
    Looking that way to be honest.

• Advertisement

I still believe in Eli and TC

our O is coming on

we need changes on D and ST

our O is coming on

Gilbride had to be pushed by Mara. TC has proven that he can't change this team. He was more than happy to keep KG when the offence was broke and he'll be more than happy to keep Fewell too.

don't think he will get the choice like last season

Quinn should be gone too

we pick 9

we pick 9

That's not too bad, if Winston & Mariota both declare they will go in the top 10. Hopefully a few other teams desperate for a QB get trigger happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

our O is coming on

Pretty much my thoughts on it too, and have been for a while.

Don't think injuries have helped Fewell, nor our shoddy linebackers, but if he goes I won't be upset.

I do think, though, that any defensive coordinator would have struggled with what we had available this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

BR reporting that Coughlin will return next year and he's in meetings today to discuss staff changes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭wawaman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

If your DC gets fired any interest in hiring Steve Spagnuolo?

He is currently secondary coach in Baltimore. I can't really say if he's done a good job or not as the secondary was decimated with injuries and it became the weakest part of the team. He's brought on a young rookie from the practice squad and gotten him to starter and also converted a safety/special teamer to starting cornerback so that's encouraging.

He didn't do well as DC in New Orleans. Do Giants fans want him back remembering good times?

Not sure really. He deserves a shot at being a DC somewhere but I'm not sure if we would go for him again. I'd much rather try and get Rex Ryan or even Mike Smith to move back to DC for a year. No guarentees that Fewell will be fired either.

glued wrote: »
    Not sure really. He deserves a shot at being a DC somewhere but I'm not sure if we would go for him again. I'd much rather try and get Rex Ryan or even Mike Smith to move back to DC for a year. No guarentees that Fewell will be fired either.

I think Mike Smith will be a head coach next season though. I know the Falcons were awful this year but to be fair he deserves another shot he did a good job there over the last few years. I'd actually be happy to get Rex Ryan as a DC but will someone take a chance on him as a HC too? Last few years were awful but he got the Jets to 2 AFC championship games with Sanchez I think a fresh start somewhere might lead him to success

Looks like Danny langsdorf is off back to college football. So a new QB coach is needed

Looks like Danny langsdorf is off back to college football. So a new QB coach is needed

If we could somehow lure Greg Olsen from the Raiders that would be a great appointment. He has done a terrific job with some terrible QB's these last few years.

TC did too much defending of PF for my liking today

TC did too much defending of PF for my liking today

I didn't hear or see it. What was he saying?

• Advertisement

Eli had his best year with Sullivan in 2011

Hopefully they can work well again

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/giants/source-perry-fewell-tom-quinn-will-return-for-giants-1.9775018

Sweet baby jesus noooooooooo

Can tell I'll be doing a lot of this next year

aZS0dD.gif

Ahhhhhh ffs

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/giants/source-perry-fewell-tom-quinn-will-return-for-giants-1.9775018

Sweet baby jesus noooooooooo

Can tell I'll be doing a lot of this next year

Only seen this now. Wow that's disappointing. Not hiring a new DC should backfire on us big-time. Our only hope is to get some stud players in free agency and the draft

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I don't think that keeping Fewell will necessarily be a bad thing, tbh.

Was happy enough either way, with regards to him leaving. But the injuries last year, and the roster available to him, absolutely hamstrung him, IMO. Don't think many could have done much better.

Knex. wrote: »
    I don't think that keeping Fewell will necessarily be a bad thing, tbh.

Was happy enough either way, with regards to him leaving. But the injuries last year, and the roster available to him, absolutely hamstrung him, IMO. Don't think many could have done much better.

Ye but it's not just last season for me it's the last few seasons. And look what the Cowboys DC did this season with a worse roster than ours (even accounting for our injuries)

Injuries are just an excuse

You can say that PF has us in the top 10 in certain categories after playing bad teams later on in the year but at the end of the day we were 29th defence and even last year when the D was better they could not come through in game defining situations

Teams march down the field with very few issues due to our bend and break D

We still leave fellas wide out year in year out due to "communication" problems

Look forward to seeing more plays like these

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000092737/A-J-Green-56-yard-touchdown

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014122108/2014/REG16/giants@rams#tab=videos&menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000447598

How do we leave ppl so wide open?

We cannot defend TEs and Read Option QBs

Fewell has had to simplify his scheme in multiple years. Look at 2011 and 2013 after Chicago

I'm very disappointed but when it's confirmed that PF and TQ are back any mess ups next year are on TCs head

• Advertisement

CBS reporting fewell has been fired.

Adam schefter reported it on twitter too

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/12131798/perry-fewell-new-york-giants-defensive-coordinator

Advertisement