Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Horizon Set Top Box trial

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I rang them yesterday evening and he rebuilt the channels while I was on the phone to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Noise Annoys

apope8 wrote: »
    Having a weird problem tonight can't get rid of the info bar no matter what I do. Back button just brings me to the menu and live TV button changes to the previous channel but the info bar just won't go away. Also tried restarting the box. Anyone else have this problem tonight?

BBC Three became unavailable to me, in a way. I could only get there by typing in the channel number, but not via the EPG. Although when I tried to watch BBC Three, the bottom bar came up with Now On and Next On details along with a message saying I was unsubscribed to this channel.

Also, I tried to watch a previous recording from BBC Three and it wouldn't allow me, saying I was unsubscribed.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭goose06

Hard reset keeping all settings and recordings fixed it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Eamonn

Hi folks,

If possible, can anyone missing channels on their Horizon trial this morning please send us your account details via private message, so we can investigate further. If you could also send us the details of what specific channels you are missing that would also be very helpful.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

Factory Reset now works
    You can keep all settings and recordings if you want
    Problem fixed at upc end now so a reset on box will bring all back to normal including BBC1 HD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

paulboland wrote: »
    Factory Reset now works
    You can keep all settings and recordings if you want
    Problem fixed at upc end now so a reset on box will bring all back to normal including BBC1 HD

yeah worked for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PacificRooster

This is the worst mess so far. Had to get the laptop out last night, open up Horizon App and HDMI cable to the TV in order to watch RTE2! Apparently we are now unsubscribed to this premium saorview channel. I've reported the problem via "Report a Horizon TV issue" and hope it's sorted by tonight ;)

This is the worst mess so far. Had to get the laptop out last night, open up Horizon App and HDMI cable to the TV in order to watch RTE2! Apparently we are now unsubscribed to this premium saorview channel. I've reported the problem via "Report a Horizon TV issue" and hope it's sorted by tonight ;)

Its been fixed
    Power off your Horizon Box as unplug the power
    Power it back on
    If that does not work

Then do this
    Do a factory Reset you can keep all previous settings as keep any recorded programs
    When factory reset is finished all channels will be back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭Virgin Media: Brian

Hi Folks,

All channels should now be working on the Horizon trial.

However, if anyone is still missing any channels please PM UPC: Reps with your account details, and we will follow up with you.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

If 0 is the lowest and 10 is the highest - how inclined would you be to recommended Horizon to a friend?

Now let me think:P:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭your desired user name

Anyone know when the trial finishes and the procedure if I no longer want the Horizon box?

Anyone know when the trial finishes and the procedure if I no longer want the Horizon box?
    You can end the trial at any stage if your not happy and change back to what you want

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

apope8 wrote: »
    Having a weird problem tonight can't get rid of the info bar no matter what I do. Back button just brings me to the menu and live TV button changes to the previous channel but the info bar just won't go away. Also tried restarting the box. Anyone else have this problem tonight?

Exiting menus is one of the real annoyances for me.

Hit Back should bring up the info bar, hit Back again should bring you to the Main Menu, then Back again should bring you back to watching TV.

The Live TV button changes to the last channel if you're on the Info bar or in the Apps section, but in the Main Menu or in the Guide it should bring you back to watching TV.

Sometimes though, the behaviour seems to change. If you select a channel via the Guide, then sometimes clicking Back a few times brings you back to the Guide (I haven't tried this in a while, so don't know if it's still happening). Sometimes, I seemed to get stuck in a loop between the Info bar and Main Menu, but I haven't seen that either for a while.

The inconsistency is very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭granturismo

I reset the horizon box last night and all seemed to be fixed.

I turned on the tv for the first time today at about 4.10 pm and there is a 'please wait' message hanging on the screen. I rang 1908 and was on hold for 15 min, had to hang up. I turned the power off & back on and the same error is there. I'm back on hold with the helpline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭granturismo

My horizon box wont start up, keeps trying to reset itself and getting stuck, call logged for a call out.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

I reset the horizon box last night and all seemed to be fixed.

I turned on the tv for the first time today at about 4.10 pm and there is a 'please wait' message hanging on the screen. I rang 1908 and was on hold for 15 min, had to hang up. I turned the power off & back on and the same error is there. I'm back on hold with the helpline.

Same issue after loosing channels last night. After 2 boxes. Numorous bs excuses for alleged poor signal that never existed with old box I didnt bother ringing them this time to be put on hold for an hour :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Hi again,

Can anyone tell me is there a way to get the channel number to appear in your channel favourites?

As in when browsing from 101, 102, 103 upwards, to actually see the channel number as you change channel (does not work on channels marked as favourites, but does work on normal channels?

Also....favourites and re-ordering is not working? Keeps skipping channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mike2013

got the new horizon set to box and i have to say that sky has a lot of catching up to do.upc box has youtube ,facebook and more.no need for a broadband modem as the horizon box has the modem built into it already.plus im now on 150meg broadband.excellent!!

Anyone thinking of or has given up on this and gone back to old box?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Idol

Is anyone having a problem with series recording on the Horizon? It is recording every single repeat of each episode in a series, where I usually end up with numerous recordings of the same episode each time it's screened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭nakano3153

Hi again,

Can anyone tell me is there a way to get the channel number to appear in your channel favourites?

As in when browsing from 101, 102, 103 upwards, to actually see the channel number as you change channel (does not work on channels marked as favourites, but does work on normal channels?

Also....favourites and re-ordering is not working? Keeps skipping channels?

AFAIK there's no way to get those channel numbers to display. This is another example of careless interface design - the core task of this box is surely to quickly select and switch between channels - the lack of channel numbers in favorites mode means you have to go through the whole tiresome task of selecting the tv guide, scrolling through, selecting and pushing more buttons to get rid of the OSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Mikey23

Idol wrote: »
    Is anyone having a problem with series recording on the Horizon? It is recording every single repeat of each episode in a series, where I usually end up with numerous recordings of the same episode each time it's screened

Same as. Thought it was just an issue with the Daily Show on Comedy Central at first, but now have multiple Top Gear recordings etc.

Yes...and then sometimes, it wont record at all

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Griffinx

My wifi is gone crappy again...anyone know what I need to do to use my own router with the Horizon box for wifi only?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭goose06

Griffinx wrote: »
    My wifi is gone crappy again...anyone know what I need to do to use my own router with the Horizon box for wifi only?

Plug the WAN port on your router into any of the ports on the horizon box and that should do it. I've also turned off the WiFi features on Horizon.

goose06 wrote: »
    Plug the WAN port on your router into any of the ports on the horizon box and that should do it. I've also turned off the WiFi features on Horizon.

Ive done that but it doesn't work very well..only seem to be able to connect to one device at a time on wifi and its slow also..do I need to configure my own router in some specific way?

Griffinx wrote: »
    Ive done that but it doesn't work very well..only seem to be able to connect to one device at a time on wifi and its slow also..do I need to configure my own router in some specific way?

Got it working...had a static route set on my router, changed it back to dynamic and its now pulling an address from the Horizon box and my wifi stability has increased 1000% :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Yep same here, really annoying as deleting is a pia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

goose06 wrote: »

so you can kill the wifi on the horizon box and use an external router?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,401 ✭✭✭✭kippy

so you can kill the wifi on the horizon box and use an external router?

Yep.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement