Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Zombie Survival forum ultimate survivor tournament.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Ash, shop smart, shop S-mart!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Connor for me, what a woman, rawrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Really difficult decision, but after thinking long and hard, I think Sarah Connor just about edges Ash out. Admittedly, he has a chainsaw for a hand, but he survives by luck and bravado far more often than I would like.

She on the other hand has been planning for the day the world is overrun for years, and by a far more lethal foe. I think she would give us the greatest chance for survival long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

What Kash said ^^. Plus she has stashes of weapons, everywhere. Hell, even her fake grave in T3 had a weapons stash ...

Sarah Connor it is for me.

wait a sec, didnt she die from luekemia before the third installment?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

yes, she did

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

wait a sec, didnt she die from luekemia before the third installment?

Yeah, she did die. She was cremated and that's why there's a weapons stash in her coffin. That's in the movies; in the TV series she lives. And she's possibly coming back in the next film.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I'll go with Ash,

Connors mental state is another thing people are overlooking,

Ash has again fought the deadites and had people behind him,

Connor only fought for her son and wanted to destroy the T-800

Fair reasoning behind it, but she could be reckless in circumstances,

Ash for the next round

is the tv series any use?

I got a couple of episodes just to check it out and I farking loved it. Watched the whole thing back to back. It got cancled on such a cliff hanger ending just as the story was about to explode. I really hope they make another season.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's Connors all the way.
    Ash on the grounds that even Sarah isn't tough enough to cut off her own hand, then beat the crap out of an evil doppelganger
    Just because she hasn't done that yet doesn't mean she wouldn't.
    allanb49 wrote: »
    Connors mental state is another thing people are overlooking,
    She's driven, in the normal world that didn't believe her that seemed crazy but she fought through and won out. Many leaders have been crazy, it takes a somewhat crazy person to lead at times.

Connor only fought for her son and wanted to destroy the T-800
    But she's well aware at all times her son is more valuable to the human race as a whole so really we are all gaining the benefit of her mothers love gone mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Sarah it has to be Sarah, I was nearly sick when I thought I had missed the opportunity to vote for her in this round!!

She is driven and organised. They said she was crazy, but she was able to keep the head and prepare for the apocalypse.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Connors takes it

Next battle up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

just discovered this thread .... wow ... its really taken off in just a few days ...

cant wait for the next round !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Posted on behalf of Micky...

Round 2 Battle 3

Conan the Barbarian

Movie_Warface_4.jpg
    V's
    Mad Max

max_rw.jpg

Cheers Armin.

Mad max for me. The guy would reveal in the new world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gufnork

Conan would have no trouble hacking his way through a zombie infested world. Max on the other hand would be bound to run out of petrol sooner or later and then the bullets would dry up too which would leave him in a bit of a fix. What does he do then? Does he take his lead from good ol' Conan and pick up the nearest sword only to end up flailing about like so much future zombie meat? or maybe he just finds himself a bicycle and hopes for the best.

No. I'm afraid even though it looks like an almost ideal situation for someone like Max, Conan is already used to a more primitive way of life and has no need or desire to rely on vehicles and bullets to give him his edge.

All our man Conan ever needed was a loin-cloth and his trusty sword.

Conan wins with ease.

Mad Max; yeah, Conan has strength and a sword, but Max already knows how to survive in an apocalyptic world.

No contest, Max for me. More experienced at adapting and scavenging tech/food/medical. Smaller build so in theory wouldn't need as much food plus all the previous stated arguements of Conan being too gung ho.

Max gets my vote

Max for me, dog to help with zombies, a car, a gun, leather fallout 2 armour

Conan naked pretty much, no protection from bites or scratches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I am still surprised Conan made it through the first round - whilst there is no doubt that he is a survivor, and a formidable hand to hand fighter, he is notoriously as thick as two short planks.

Max has proven to be incredibly adaptable in all scenarios, and particularly adept at getting himself (and other people) out of sticky situations with innovative solutions. I don't think running out of petrol or bullets would faze him in the slightest (after all, he's used to both being in short supply) but I also think that he would be more than capable of ensuring that that didn't happen for a very long time.

So, Mad Max for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

I will have to go with Conan. Zombies are not intelligent themselves, and a good hand-to-hand fighter will have an advantage over them. His sword skills, strength and stamina means he can keep it up all day.

I hate to vote against Max, as he is very good at what he does. But between the two (and considering its Zomies he is up against, and not post-apoc raiders), I will have to choose Conan this time.

stamina means he can keep it up all day.

hehe, unintentional innuendo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I'll take Max in this fight. he has experience moving fast and light which will come in handy

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'll take Max in this fight. he has experience moving fast and light which will come in handy
    In a car. I question he's survival skills as we didn't really see all that much of them. He seemed to go between colonies. He's still far to dependant on the trappings of the modern world and showed little innovation.

I'd go with Conan, He may seem dumb but there are different types of intelligence including physical prowess intelligence, maybe he's brain is so dedicated to he's physicality he has no intelligence left over for stinging sentences together. Conan is also a leader so he'll be able to amass a following to protect and feed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Conan for me if he was cornered he would easily take down a mini horde single handed. He also has leadership skills and is loyal.

Max is adept at surviving an apocalypse he was no great warrior. Plus with the murder of his wife and child I reckon he would be a loose cannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Max for me, conan wouldnt be able to strategise imo.

Mad Max wins and goes through to the semi's.

7-5

Next battle up shortly.

Round 2 Battle 4

Robert Neville (I am Legend)

grid-071216-ent-legend2-12p_widec.jpg

V's

Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer (Predator)

alan-dutch-schaefer_x270.jpg

Neville. He's got the smarts to survive, and possibly find a cure or at the very least a vaccine.

• Advertisement

Dutch! if it bleeds, he can kill it!

Advertisement