Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Zombie Survival forum ultimate survivor tournament.

Options
  • 12-03-2012 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭

When the shit hits the fan, who do you want watching your back.

Lets decide who the ultimate survivor is.

Rules: Only human contestants allowed. Straight knock out with the possibility of wild cards later on.

First to 6 wins or whoever leads after 24 hours. All match ups will be chosen at random.

Please give a reason for your vote and remember it's only a bit of fun,

Ok, lets play biggrin.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

Has to be MacGyver for me, B. A.'s talent is Intimadating others and hand to hand fighting, neither of which is going to be much use against a Zombie horde, MacGyver on the other hand can make anything out of anything, a usefull skill if Anti Z weapons or a safe house are needed.

Or if you need a helicopter and all that is available is a matchbox and an elasticband:pac:

MacGyver FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

MacGyver. While BA has plenty of practical mechanical skills MacGyvers overall engineering prowess would mean your not loosing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Originally i was going to say "McGyver" would win hands down.

However, he never uses guns. Ever. He usually wins fight by not fighting. Evasion is an important skill aganist zombies but if they break down the door & are lunging at your with your back to wall.. Is the elastic band & paperclip going to be much use?

BA,

Well he is a member of the A-Team which means he can fire a gun. However accurary might be an issue. He is mechanic so getting vechiles working would be important. His feroricty & strength would be an advantage

In a straight up once off fight i think i'd want BA covering my back. Longer term probably want someone more versatile like McGuvyer.. however there is only so long "Run and Hide" will keep you alive.

My vote for BA

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Agent J wrote: »
    Originally i was going to say "McGyver" would win hands down.

However, he never uses guns. Ever. He usually wins fight by not fighting. Evasion is an important skill aganist zombies but if they break down the door & are lunging at your with your back to wall.. Is the elastic band & paperclip going to be much use?

BA,

Well he is a member of the A-Team which means he can fire a gun. However accurary might be an issue. He is mechanic so getting vechiles working would be important. His feroricty & strength would be an advantage

In a straight up once off fight i think i'd want BA covering my back. Longer term probably want someone more versatile like McGuvyer.. however there is only so long "Run and Hide" will keep you alive.

My vote for BA

This +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

MacGuyver. Brains over brawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

MacGuyver

Love BA, and think his mechanical skills would definitely be a major asset in the initial flee the scene. But, I'd be afraid that his gold bling would be far too easy for the Zs to grab, and he'd eventually be overwhelmed - probably whilst still holding the keys to his "Nobody drives it but me" van.

Whereas MacGuyver might not be as useful in a hand to hand encounter, I'd have a lot of faith in him keeping us out of one, and when we eventually stop running - his innovation will make sure we have the best possible defenses, not to mention power/water etc.

And, to really tip the balance in his favour: he's just so upbeat. I'd hate to be stuck in a zombie apocalypse with a moody, grumpy sonofabitch like BA for company

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Ba would win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

MacGyver, his skills would be invaluable.

BA's brawn is all well and good but if we're constantly on the run evading shufflers/walkers MacGyvers skills set gets my vote.

So +1 for MacGyver

5-3 to MacGyver. One more for the win.

• Advertisement

Two strong contenders and I'd be happy if either one had my back. I feel BA is at an disadvantage though, he is part of a team and lacks certain qualities of his own. I'm not too sure how well he could handle his temper. It would be a time for cool heads and evasion.

MacGyver has so much more to offer so gets my vote.

MacGyver wins 6-3.

Battle 2 to begin shortly.

Round 1 Battle 2

Marty Mcfly

39.jpg

V's

Lara Croft

%2528110509190557%2529lara_croft_tomb_raider_3_113443.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

having access to a time machine in the shape of a DeLorean would mean that McFly could take out Croft before she was even born, that is, unless biff tannen interferes somehow.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Marty McFly only if he has a spare hooverboard.

Think they would be a great mode of transport for skirmishes, light, can carry it around in a backpack. Plus the deloren time machine so you could just go back in time and warn people, 2nd thoughts they throw you in a loony bin get bigger guns more supplies and be better prepared for Z Day

Lara, not only does she have the marksman skills necessary to survive but I'd assume she's good at cooking spuds and keeping the fortified home nice and tidy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Voting for Lara Croft for this one.

Marty McFly's temporal abilities definitely have their uses but only for getting out of harm's way. Admittedly, while survival does constitute victory when you're battling the Zeds, he's still just very complexly running away. Which is exactly his downfall; the complexity. If anything goes wrong (even something as simple as could he get to the right speed with a bunch of Zeds in his way?) he's a sitting duck. In what is pretty much just a car in terms of protection. He'd be food.

Croft, on the other hand, is an experienced survivalist with both great access to and great training in various forms of ballistic weaponry, who lives in a strongly fortified mansion. No matter where she finds herself, her chances of being zombie chew are relatively low and definitely give her the better odds of surviving longer than Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

McFly... With knowledge of when/how the zombie outbreak occurred we could travel back in time and prevent it from happening. Failing that we could go back in time and prepare a super fortress si we could sit back and watch the carnage unfold !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lara, we need to re populate .....

A close run battle.

3-3

McFly... With knowledge of when/how the zombie outbreak occurred we could travel back in time and prevent it from happening. Failing that we could go back in time and prepare a super fortress si we could sit back and watch the carnage unfold !
    The only problem with Marty would be he's only a driver and doesn't understand how time travel actually works. If anything goes wrong with the time machine he won't be able to fix it and will have to wait around for Doc to rescue him. Overall he has displayed very little in the way of survival skills and depends on luck to get him through, he's always been a fish out of water in every film bar maybe the 3rd one where he showed some marksman skills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I'll say McFly.
    That time machine would be a huge asset, could travel back to stop it, could just keep travelling back to safely get new supplies.
    Could even travel 20years into the future and see if the whole thing has been cured yet.

Lara Croft. She's got the skills, and access to equipment that would be needed, weapons, etc.

McFly has no fighting skills at all, and just looks like zombie food.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Hmm Lara has got the survival skills,

Would there be a ready supply of plutonium? or has Mr Fusion been fitted yet?

Remember the delorean also needs petrol to go, so after a while that would become very rare,

I'll go with Lara,

She's fought dinos and survived think some zombies would be easy enough for her

5 - 4 to Croft.

It's anybodies game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Clearly has to be Croft.
    Asides from her obvious fighting and jumping around skills she has the added bonus of some epic norks.
    Could just flash them at male Zombies to distract them.

FFS, the boy McFly could barely outsmart that knucklehead Tannen.
    Apart from that he'd probably let the Zombies take the upper hand while he was distracted chatting up his Mother or something.
    The only thing he really has going for him is that car and we all know how bad a build the auld DeLoreans are, would definitely let him down.

Has to be Croft.

Croft takes it 6-4

Next battle up shortly.

Round 1 Battle 3

Capt James T Kirk

250px-JamesTKirk.jpg

V's

Mad Max

max_rw.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Max, I don't think Kirk would be used to the very limited resources the post zombie world would have.

Definitely Max. He's a badass. When I think of Kirk being faced with zeds, I see him asking to be beamed up, while Max would wade in and start killing.

• Advertisement

I'm going to go with Kirk. First off he's from an advanced species, the training that a person would have to go through to be able to survive in space would undoubtedly cover survival in hostile environments. Being in space would mean he's certainly come across situations where being frugal with limited resources has been essential.

He would also have had extensive experience with strange creatures. This would reduce the fear factor and mean he has the necessary problem solving skills.

Overall even though Kirk would come off as a mans man, he would in actual fact be a very fit scientist, something along the lines of modern day astronauts who are not only the fittest but the brightest the human race has to offer.

Advertisement