Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Zombie Survival forum ultimate survivor tournament.

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

I demand a recount for the last round.......

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Grand Final
    Who's got your back?

Sarah Connors
    linda_hamilton.png

V's

Robert Neville (I am Legend)

image29.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

I'm going to purposefully avoid suggesting we force them to mate and pick their supreme-being offspring because... well... they might take exception to it, and they got to the final for a reason.

I would be delighted to have either show up looking for a wingman, I think if pushed I would have to pick Neville. While I have no doubt that Connors would keep me alive as we run from stockpile to stockpile, I feel that Neville would be able to establish a compound or base where we could live in relative comfort while he runs his experiments.

Neville gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Well aware i went against Neville the last round and the round previous i went went with Connors but i must say this round it has to be Neville, his skill set is more atuned to zombies than Connors.
    S**t hits the fan I want Neville at my back!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Im gotta go with Neville for the finale. he more the type to set up a permanent base and work to a solution rather than constantly run from stockpile to stockpile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

Neville. He's proven he can survive an apocalypse, he's proven he can fortify a stronghold, he's proven he can kill the enemy, not to mention he's a scientist and has the know how to discover a cure or a vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Neville.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Sarah Connor!

There is no cure for the zombocalypse, Neville wasted all his time and resources holing himself up looking for it, while Connor went out and armed herself to the teeth, trained for survival in countless places, squared up against 2 terminators and came out of it relatively unscathed.

The question is, do you want some army-brass scientist who probably had a hand in infecting the entire human race in the first place, and sealed himself off from it all on his own for years listening to bob marley, and lets face it he'll probably go nuts if he hasnt already and use you as live bait,or do ye want to live?

I'd go with Connor too, as already stated, she is ready for this.

The only cure I am interested in is a small bit of lead or a blunt object.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

Hello my family of boards members :)

I vote neville,
    he knows his ****. he stuck it out in the centre of the crisis, you know he's reliable. you know he's smart. and you know he's prepped

O'Conor. would you really want her backing you up? she prepared herself mainly for her own survival. while she'd be a great asset to a team 1 for 1 neville trumps for many reasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

they are both VERY skillful in many ways ..... so gonna take a different tack on this.

They are both parents of a single child. Robert's kid is dead and he is trying to right the whole world to balance it out. Sara's kid is alive (or will be when he is born) so she is trying to keep the world safe for him to live in. So, which parent will fight harder & longer for their kid? The parent who wants to keep the memory alive? Or the parent who wants to keep the kid alive?

Sara gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

thats 3-6 to Neville ......

dont suppose we go to 7 for the final ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

neville for me

**The Winner**

And the survivor you'd want watching your back:

Robert Neville.
    459i_1329503973.jpg

Thanks to everyone for taking part, it was good craic and stay tuned to the Zombie Survival Forum for more tournaments biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Wow, can't believe I almost missed the final vote-off.

Its a toughie.
    They're both exceptionally awesome, both have a touch of the crazies, both more than willing to sacrifice something for the greater good. I would trust either to keep me safe.

But what is safety for these people? For Connor, it seems to be keep moving, stay armed to the teeth, and never let your guard down.

For Neville, it's hole up, fortify, study the enemy and keep looking for the best way to deal with this.

Both perfectly acceptable approaches. So rather than comparing their suitability as a companion for me, I think I need to consider how suitable I would be to fit in with them. And I know the prospect of being on the run forever would break me.

I need a bit of hope, no matter how tenuous.
    So, I have to go with Neville.

ETA: Ah balls - too late :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Drat.... finally thought to check this thread and.... it's done. Oh well. :pac::pac::pac:

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Drat.... finally thought to check this thread and.... it's done. Oh well. :pac::pac::pac:

Not to worry. The next tournament has formed in my head. It will be a lot harder then this but I'll need help to organise the contenders.

The zombie survival forum ultimate zombie/infected/ apocalyptic movie of all time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Dang it, missed the final. I was in London freaking out on the tube and assaulting anyone who looked sick. Even got sick myself, fingers crossed I'd turn over the last day or two. No such luck. :( The wait continues.

Wanna Play? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement