Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Zombie Survival forum ultimate survivor tournament.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

Hmmmm, Decisions decisions.....

Think i'll give it to survivor man.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

And with that Survivor Man survives to go through to the semi's

Next battle up shortly. :)

Round 2 Battle 7

Jack Ryan

fordryan.jpg

V's

John Rambo
    johnrambo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

I didn't vote for either of them the first time around, but, Jack Ryan gets my vote now, simply because he's so much more stable than Rambo...I had an uncle who served in Vietnam and he'd have episodes triggered from memories there that scared the crap out of me when I was a child; no way would I want Rambo at my back.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I gotta agree with Chase here. While Rambo has superior skills, Ryan's mental stability makes him a better choice for a long-term survival partner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

What cyberwolf said. Ryan for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,522 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Gotta go with Rambo. One man army, great survival skills and ability to fashion traps. Seems to work well enough in a team. Excellent archer too. Also able to fly a helicopter, which could be very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

mental stability? Rambo's been through the mill in the worst of the worst possible scenarios. a zombie apocalypse wouldnt make him break a sweat after the nam, and afghanistan and cambodia?(cant remember if that was thye location of the last one)

John Rambo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Rambo will win a battle.

Ryan will win the war.

Ryan

4-2 to Ryan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I didn't vote for either of them the first time around, but, Jack Ryan gets my vote now, simply because he's so much more stable than Rambo...I had an uncle who served in Vietnam and he'd have episodes triggered from memories there that scared the crap out of me when I was a child; no way would I want Rambo at my back.
    When Rambos back in his native environment of the killing fields there won't be any problem. He has shown that he is a stable person though. He avoids violence as much as he can by moving to remote locations but they just keep dragging him back by tugging on his heart strings which shows deep down he's really a good guy. He has gun skills, hand held weapon skills, survival skills, first aid skills, mechanical skills, a high pain threshold and can catch a snake with his bare hands. He's the ideal apocalyptic partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Going with Rambo, he's survived in the jungles can't think of any other reasons that haven't been mentioned,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Im going with rambo for previously mentioned reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

mmmmm, this is surprisingly hard. Ryan is the thinker, the brains, the planner. Rambo is the fighter, soldier, killer. True, Ryan does a bit of fighting, but its out of desperation and reactionary. Rambo will take the fight to the enemy. Ryan will plan into the future, and in the end, brains always wins. But if Ryan (and his brainy type) dont get past the first year of the Zombie Apoc, then its pointless. There are times when you need brawn and a sword swinging genius. Rambo will ensure that the weaker (but brainer) survivors will get a foothold in the new society. So, for that reason, Rambo gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

mmmmm, this is surprisingly hard. Ryan is the thinker, the brains, the planner. Rambo is the fighter, soldier, killer. True, Ryan does a bit of fighting, but its out of desperation and reactionary. Rambo will take the fight to the enemy. Ryan will plan into the future, and in the end, brains always wins. But if Ryan (and his brainy type) dont get past the first year of the Zombie Apoc, then its pointless. There are times when you need brawn and a sword swinging genius. Rambo will ensure that the weaker (but brainer) survivors will get a foothold in the new society. So, for that reason, Rambo gets my vote.

I'm going to go with exactly what Rideronthestorm said... except being thick as pigsh*t I'd need to be accompanied by someone smart.

Ryan gets my vote

Rambo takes it, coming from behind to win 6-5

Final battle of round 2 coming up.

Round 2 Battle 8

Lara Croft
    Lara%20Croft%201.jpg

V's

Michael Knight
    Michael_Knight-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Going with lara croft. Think michael would rely too much on kitt, while lara is well used to working alone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Lara, proficient with weapons, survivalist, educated, all the reasons stated in round 1... also I'd like to double her entendre, rawr.

Lara gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Lara gets my vote for all sorts of reasons .... but for the moment lets just say its brains / weapon skill / kickass attitude

• Advertisement

Lara Croft. As it's already been said, she's educated, she's got the weapons know how, she can fight...and also, because if Michael Knight tried to repopulate the world with me, I'd throw myself to the zombies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Croft

A talking car is very little use in a world without petrol.

That said tho, an interesting point was made about re population, compared to a sleazeball like knight I might have a chance with the ladies ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Croft, fit, able to handle herself, used to bring alone so I think the isolation after zday wont affect her as much, skilled wiuth weaponry. Micheal knights cheesyness would start to grate after awhile ( see what I did there :) ). Plus he wouldnt be very usefull without kitt.
    Im going with Croft

Croft takes it with ease 6-0.

The semi final draw will take place later this evening.

Battle interval

Who would you rather had your back?

Rick

the-walking-dead-rick-480x317.png

V's

Shane

shane.jpg

Too easy.

Rick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Ohhhh this is a interesting one. because Rick is a born leader but won't always make the tough decisions, where as Shane will ( Granted he is a bit crazy :p )
    i'm gonna go with Rick just because well he's still a Boss :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,522 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Would probably go with Shane. Rick seems a better leader but Shane seems at times more capable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i wouldnt fancy being stabbed in the back by shane even if he does have the ruthless killer instinct when it comes to survival. Rick has a thick streak of honour and humanity in him that's always gonna get him and his group into trouble, even if it is the right thing to do.

Rick gets my vote, even if he is wrong sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Gotta go with my boy shane!

Advertisement