Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Zombie Survival forum ultimate survivor tournament.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Max

Whereas I agree with Scumlord that Captain Kirk has enough experience with alien creatures to be unfazed (ba dum tish) by the Zeds, he also has a the tendency to try and bone said alien species at any given moment. I'm not sure I could trust him to keep his head, He'd be no good to me if he gets caught with his pants down.

Max just keeps getting better and better - and despite his gruff exterior, is a pretty helpful kind of guy, as long as you don't get on his bad side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

This is actually a tough one, both would be serious competetors but I will go for Max as he wouldnt get distracted by the girls like Kirk would.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Id like to go with max only because i never liked star trek

5-1

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I'm going to have to go with Kirk. the guy has smarts and isn't afraid of a bust up. the new world will need a man with his leadership and tech skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Definetly Kirk, much as i love the mad max character i just dont think he's got what it takes to face down Kirk, he got his ass handed to him by tina turner.. remember?

• Advertisement

Kirk making a come back. Can he warp ahead? :p

Max needs one more to proceed.

5-3 to Mad Max

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Max ftw.

hes got so much hands on experience that kirk just cannot have gleaned from a few weeks training in starfleet.

Max knows what its like to scrounge for resources to survive

Max takes it 6-3.

Next battle up shortly.

Round 1 Battle 4

Han Solo

Han-Solo-star-wars-characters-24135928-399-510.jpg

V's

Bear Grylls

grylls.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

From a survival point of view Bear would be the one to have, he can survive in the wilderness and is a real life character not fictional

*some exageration in the show

Solo, unless chewie was with him he's just a guy who has shown no other skills other than leadership which granted is handy, being fast with a blaster and being able to do the kessel run in a few parsecs.

• Advertisement

solo seems the type to do something dumb, even if he is a cool guy.

bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

So torn...I mean, it's Han Solo! He's got cool laser guns! But I re-watched the entire Star Wars saga recently and yeah, he is a good leader, and he can fly, sure, but he's a crap mechanic and seemed kinda clumsy at times, and he's more daring than anything and he's always in trouble.

And Bear...well, he drinks his own pee. :eek: But he knows his stuff as far as survival goes. So I gotta go with Bear.

While Bear might come in handy for hiding in a forest or jungle I don't think he has as many skills as Han.

Han is an experienced smuggler, fighter and trader. Skills that will come in as essential when the new world order after zed day emerges. His aggression and trading skills will come in handy in the aftermath of Z day. This guy was born for this world.

Han gets my vote.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I giving my vote to the piss-drinking survival expert. He can ensure my survival after I kill the zombies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Its got to be bear, he would probably find a use for all the Zombie corpses to make life easier.

5-1 to Bear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

This is about who I want with me after the Zombie Appocolyps, while Bear has many usefull skills, there is a very high likelyhood that any stint in his company will involve piss drinking.

Solo FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Sure il win it for bear.

Zombie apocalypse ? brb drinking urine for no apparent reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Has to be solo. If bear somehow killed a zombie, he would eat the bloody thing washing it down with some nice warm zimbie piss. In fact, he probably caused the outbreak by doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

I'd go with Han.

Bear would be great dont get me wrong, what do you think he'd to when supplies start getting low, and unless your fit enough to keep up with him and willing to hold his sea water enema he's going to look at you as bear food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Has to be Bear Grylls, hes ex-SAS, hes a survival expert and hes fairly adapt and building and forging and in his recent series brought 2 untrained civilians with him into the wild and survived with them.

Has importance to any group cant be taken for granted.

I'm with Bear.

Han doesn't seem to be much of anything without Chewbacca.

I would definitely learn survival skills from Bear, although I would expect him to leave me behind before too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

gavredking wrote: »
    Has to be Bear Grylls, hes ex-SAS, hes a survival expert and hes fairly adapt and building and forging and in his recent series brought 2 untrained civilians with him into the wild and survived with them.

:eek: Han Solo brought 1 untrained civilian with him into space and blew up the Death Star with him.
    He's the master of escaping from tricky situations.
    Plus, if the situation got too much for him to handle some of his friends would probably show up and Jedi the shlt out of those Zombies.

Solo FTW.

Bear wins, 8 - 5

Next battle up shortly.

Round 1 Battle 5
    Battle of the hair.

Detective Riggs

MartinRiggs.jpg

V's

Michael Knight

michael-knight-rider-hoff.jpg

tough one.. riggs is tougher but barely had the mental fortitude to survive the regular 80s without committing suicide.
    but then he is a damn good shot..

ima go with MK due to his attitude. they are both useful but after the initial weeks you need stability and positivity

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

The Hoff!

That is a toughie, but mawk makes a good point about Riggs' suicidal tendancies - i'm not sure he has the mental strength to withstand a zombie outbreak.

Michael Knight was a Green Beret, so he has to be tough (even without Kitt), but I would be worried that if he does get bitten, he would be very difficult to kill, because of that metal plate in his skull.

So Riggs, by a hair.

As much as I'd like to have a few pints and smash skulls with Riggs. I feel he is far too unstable to live in a world without rules. He is barely holding it together as it is.

Knight is smart and mentally stable. I'd rather he had my back.

• Advertisement

MK drives into the lead.

3 - 1

Advertisement