Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Zombie Survival forum ultimate survivor tournament.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Neville takes it 6-4

Next battle up shortly.

Quarter Final, Battle 3

William Wallace

williamwallace.jpg

V's

Jack Ryan
    500full.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

Wallace.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

No question about it Wallace wins this one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Wallace hands down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Yeah, Wallace no question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Wallace, full of facestabby brilliance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

didnt Rambo beat Ryan in the last round?

Now thats what I call a survivor!

Oops :o

:p

• Advertisement

Quarter Final, Battle 3

William Wallace

williamwallace.jpg

V's

John Rambo
    rambo-ii-11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

In that case will go with Rambo. Decent leader but also a one man army. Both are excellent choices.

Wallace for me. Born warrior, experience with bludgeoning weapons, pre-mech farming experience in our climate, used to living off the land in our climate, used to living without electricity, leader of men, reasonable, ability to plan both small skirmish and large battles.

Wallace takes my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

tough one, with nobody to betray either of them it's gonna be close one, but i reckon Rambo has the edge.

Rambo for the win!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Rambo, better technologies and knowledge of the world

Could see wallaces stabbing a Z in the chest and proclaiming witchcraft,

Rambo has the bow and arrow for silent kills, hunting, scouting, all in 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Still voting wallace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

Not knowing what disese is and how it spreads is a serious disadvantage, Rambo, while not exacty a genious will have a basic knowelage of infection and quarentine.

Rambo ftw

I think once the Zeds get bitey bitey it will be obvious to anyone how the infection is spread and once you have controlled big armies you are more then aware of sickness and viruses spreading.

Wallace glavanised smalle clans against a common enemy and worked well wih other groups. He can use projectile weapons. Even as a kid he was an ace with a catapult.

Rambo to me is more solo and while he may be good for the initial panic I don't think he has enough to galvanise people for the counter attack.

Wallace gets my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

I think once the Zeds get bitey bitey it will be obvious to anyone how the infection is spread and once you have controlled big armies you are more then aware of sickness and viruses spreading.

A bit pedantic, but has to be said, back then leaders had no clue how disease spread or how to prevent it, that is why every time an army was brought together from prehistory all the way up to around the industrial revolution, it lost several times more men to disease than combat with the enemy. Wallace is no exception here.

A bit pedantic, but has to be said, back then leaders had no clue how disease spread or how to prevent it, that is why every time an army was brought together from prehistory all the way up to around the industrial revolution, it lost several times more men to disease than combat with the enemy. Wallace is no exception here.

I believe him to be a master tactician. He will know he does not need massive armies to defeat the threat but small attack squads. You'll need some amount of organisation to win the war. In the long term Wallace is the better bet imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I'm also voting for Wallace.

He is smart enough to listren to reason, so even if I did have concerns about his knowledge of how the disease is transmitted, he could be taught.

Rambo on the otherhand is a lone wolf - I'm not sure he would stick with me very long, and wouldn't want to rely on him to help me setup a more permanant base.

Wallace still gets my vote as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Wallace gets my vote.

Wallace goes through 6-4

Last 1/4 up next.

I did it from my phone earlier so hopefully it works out.

Quarter Final, Battle 4

Mad Max
    mad-max-the-road-warrior-1.jpg

V's

Lara Croft
    AngelinaJolieLaraCroft.jpg

Lara Croft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

My Gut says Max but my heart says Lara..... So conflicting......
    Lar...... MAX

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Max.

Croft is bright & talented (not to mention rather easy on the eye), but she's overly reliant on her pistols imo.

Hmm, torn here, the romantic in me tells me to pick Lara and justifies it with rationalisations of weapons proficiency, education and sexy time but at the end of the day the realist in me tells me Max is my best chance of survival.

I think I'm going to have to side with Max even though my decision has caused a small part of me to die on the inside forever. Lara's partners and guides invariably end up dead, while Max does suffer casualties he does his best to keep his people alive and you can't ask for more.

Max gets my vote, sorry Lara, we'll come back for you if we can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Max!

Advertisement