Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carto tanks

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

bring the adapter with you, the allen key he sent me is tiny.. might not be a well stocked one

try the screwdriver first though, might do the job

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

hrm, link to the instructions please

I might just get a mini sub tank for the handiness of it

This post on ECF lists some of the bits needed, I'm going to try and get the drill bit, tap and thumb screws from the first post and see how I get on.

I've also spotted a few posts on DIY'ing complete tanks, I don't have access to my bookmarks at the moment, but here's one listing the parts. Seems straightforward enough to do, so might give it a go as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

I've only recently discovered they joys of the condom method of filling the boge carto's... so easy and efficient and not as messy as I thought it would be. No danger of a dry hit...

bloody awkward stopping the juice from flying up that air hole though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

eeloe wrote: »
    Yep, i was only thinking about this yesterday, i actually can't stomach analogs anymore, the smell of them, and the smell off people smoking them around me is stomach turning!

Ha ha. I know - I think the same sometimes. That said, if you couldn't vape, I bet you'd be all over them again.

I don't really think that vaping gets you off nicotine, not easily anyway. I'd say it's possible to step down very slowly alright but making the final step is probably almost as difficult as quitting the fags?

It's a safer alternative but Id still prefer if I wasn't vaping either. It's a magnitude better but not as good as not smoking or not vaping.

• Advertisement

i smoked a pack of cigs once in the past year, that bank holiday weekend my charger broke on the friday
    managed to make the battery last until the sunday evening but sunday night I bought a packet of cigs

the first 10 or 12 were absolutely disgusting, i smoked them because I wanted the nicotine but the horrible thing is the 13th and 14th started to taste kinda good. by the time I finished the pack I was letting a nice happy sigh when I lit up that last cigarette and it took all the willpower I had not to go to the shop at 10pm monday night and get another pack.
    that was back when i was on 24 or 18mg though, now that im on 12... im pretty sure if I had to stop, I'd be able to. It wouldn't be easy, but I'm about as sure as I can be that I wouldn't buy a packet of cigs

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I can honestly say, that as long as I can vape, I'll never smoke....and if I 'have' to stop Vaping, I'll find some other way of getting the nic, but it sure as hell won't be cigs!

Okay, after 2 hours of poxing around with the adaptor....

It turns out it was bad poxy carto....i dunno what put it in to my head to take the carto out of the tank and try it on it's own, but it wouldn't fire at all on it's own.

Stuck another LR in there, and bang, fired first time!

now it's 5am...and i've gotta get up fairly early tomorrow....FML!

but you'll have a working tank! :)

is the draw still really airy on yours?

Yeah, but i'm used to it now....ahh i miss having this tank back, filling the carto manually all day yesterday in work was soul destroying!

• Advertisement

Even tho I have arguably the best tank going, I still keep checking out the J-Tanks.

Some cool star wars themed ones! :-)

get yourself an RDA :)

I wouldn't have the head for rewicking and all that coil stuff, I'd end up scratching my eyes out!

Pretty happy with the performance of carto's in a tank for the time being!

hehe
    once you get the hang of it youd be surprised how simple it is

i was ready to throw it away several times over the last few days but then all of a sudden it just clicked and now I make up a new coil in about a minute

I have a drawer full of cartos and tanks now that I dont know if I'll ever use again :p

I've been looking at lines and bullis all evening.....damn you digby, damn you....

I think I'll stick with what I have for the next while and try to save some money, I might treat myself to a new device when I hit the 6 month off the analogs mark.

hehehe

im gona call it now

im gona get my throathit mod next week, im gona rave all over the forumn about how great it is and you'll order one a few days later :P

Probably!!!!

Haha, nah definately delighted with the LT and the Arry tank, it's a bomb proof set up really, I'm at the point where I'm content with the device and cart set up.

Took a while to get here no doubt, I shoulda just got the LT day one when I came on here. Woulda saved a few quid instead of flapping about with ego batteries.

:D

hheh, still a good idea to have a few egos around. if you're going on a long trip or just wont be near a charger for a day, the lavatube will show it's weakness. its theonly thing about it that reall annoys me, how quickly the battery drains. i hear the provari is even worse be interesting to see how that variable ego battery that goes to 4.8v does.

I'm only using 1500mah batteries, and around the 4.5v mark I can get around 24 hours before the battery completely dies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Probably!!!!

Haha, nah definately delighted with the LT and the Arry tank, it's a bomb proof set up really, I'm at the point where I'm content with the device and cart set up.

Took a while to get here no doubt, I shoulda just got the LT day one when I came on here. Woulda saved a few quid instead of flapping about with ego batteries.

:D

Hey! Don't be dissing all of us eGo heads on here showing off your LT!!!! Ha ha ha

I'm happy enough with my eGo 1000mAh batts. Just get fed up with all the other stuff!

I'd be interested in looking at a repairable attie but just dont think I'm handy enough to be able to rebuild them.

What is the simplest one of them?

• Advertisement

I'm only using 1500mah batteries, and around the 4.5v mark I can get around 24 hours before the battery completely dies.

I change my LT batteries around 3.6-3.7V, I notice the voltage under load dropping when it gets to that point. not the biggest issue I guess, 4.7v is almost as good as 5v but it just annoys me when im not getting the voltage I set

Hey! Don't be dissing all of us eGo heads on here showing off your LT!!!! Ha ha ha

I'm happy enough with my eGo 1000mAh batts. Just get fed up with all the other stuff!

I'd be interested in looking at a repairable attie but just dont think I'm handy enough to be able to rebuild them.

probably the bulli or the RDA

just make coil, drop juice. vape. derra would know as he's used both, think he prefers the bulli but they're only ever in stock on the bulli site for about 5 minutes as they get snapped up so fast

Hey, I'm not dissing eGo batts at all, only for them I'd still be killing myself! :D

I'm always like this with hobbies, I can't just settle on something, always have to upgrade and have the newest, biggest and shiniest thing goin....screw it tho, I could have a worse hobby I guess, this one tastes too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Bonuts for the carto crew.
    There are a few more threads on ECF about it with pictures and links to get the right mesh etc.
    Looks to be fairly popular, inserting a mesh ring around the coil and drip in.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/287117-bonuts-dripping.html

I change my LT batteries around 3.6-3.7V, I notice the voltage under load dropping when it gets to that point. not the biggest issue I guess, 4.7v is almost as good as 5v but it just annoys me when im not getting the voltage I set

Yeah I noticed performance dipping when it gets to around the 3.6 mark, but I guess I'm never too far away from a freshly charged battery, so it's all good.

Scott Bonner said in one of his videos he's a 'moderate' vaper, and he still goes through a couple of batteries a day....the provari must make ****e of batteries.

yeah it's that.. accuvape or whatever they call it, it forces the perfect voltage at all times where the lavatube lets it slide a little bit downwards so gets a bit more life out of it.

plus he's probably using the smaller batts, not the 18650's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

probably the bulli or the RDA

just make coil, drop juice. vape. derra would know as he's used both, think he prefers the bulli but they're only ever in stock on the bulli site for about 5 minutes as they get snapped up so fast

pros and cons to both tbh.

RDA produces stunning flavour.
    Uses a bit more wicking material (not really a big deal i suppose but it does)
    Bitch to get the case off.
    Looks better on a big mod.
    Takes loads of juice, even more if ya put a little filler behind the posts.

Bulli a2 produces a great flavour too.
    Easy access to the repair part, just unscrew the tube.
    Only get 3 drops a time dripping(need a drip tip adapter), 1ml with cart and filler.
    Perfect for eGo batteries which i like, so it's a nice size for going out etc
    Bit more expensive than RDA with all the bells and whistles, but stainless steel to last years and years.

Both are simple to repair, if you can tie your laces you can wind a coil.
    There are loads of videos showing how to, but it's simple.
    Get it wrong, just do it again. You still have the main body and not dumping it out.
    Takes a little getting used to but once you have it sussed your away.
    Loads of vapour out of both.
    They work everytime and your in control of the resistance.
    Gets strangely addictive winding coils when ya know how.
    Cheap to run after ya get over the addiction of winding !
    For me, there is no comparison to cartos etc, but then i have'nt tried what's out in a few months now.
    But like i said before to a few, if cartos work and that's all you need stick with them.

Using the Bulli about 7 months now, have two of them.
    The RDA needs to be fixed but will get it done soon i reckon, it be more of a ''at home vape'' for me.

Lots more repairables but them two be probbaly ideal first buy.

yeah I do love my RDA but I can see how it's an at home vape. any dripping atty that holds this much juice is a danger to pockets everywhere

yeah it's that.. accuvape or whatever they call it, it forces the perfect voltage at all times where the lavatube lets it slide a little bit downwards so gets a bit more life out of it.

plus he's probably using the smaller batts, not the 18650's

The more I read about the provari, the less I want one to be honest...haha

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The saddle valve arrived last night. It's fantastic, much better than using a dremel, though to be fair I'm sure I was doing it wrong. It's really quick an easy to use, and the cartos seem to be working much better after using it. And most importantly it seems hard to mess it up :)

Advertisement