Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carto tanks

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

eeloe wrote: »
    Just another quick one for the lads, is it possible to adjust the 'draw' when using the Arry tank?

Been using it all day and loving it, but the draw is slightly airy, and I wouldn't mind it being a bit tighter, but I don't wanna go ****ing with the adapter.

im wondering this too

I think the adapter does affect it.. but I just got mine working properly while fully screwed in, dont want to go ****ing with it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Yeah I mean we all know the kinda draw off a boge, and it's normally a bit tighter than this, the only thing is the adapter....I'm gonna go trawl ukvapers to see if there's anything about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Yeah I mean we all know the kinda draw off a boge, and it's normally a bit tighter than this, the only thing is the adapter....I'm gonna go trawl ukvapers to see if there's anything about it...

Ive noticed that the drip tip affects the draw on any tank i use. Some drip tips are tighter fitting than others and the tighter fitting ones give a tighter draw. It might be worth your while trying the stainless steel one that IV have but you could also try fit ur current drip tip tighter in by twisting it in with a bit of force.

im using the stainless from IV, airy as all hell

I've tried a couple and they are all the same
    Stainless/chrome
    Ming type
    Aluminum
    Delrin

All the exact same, it's definitely something down the bottom....

• Advertisement

im using the stainless from IV, airy as all hell

I was thinking of getting one of them they are so shiny :D But seriously you just saved me €5 cheers..
    Try the twist trick with a bit of pressure and let me know how ye get on I've just did it there now with a plastic tip again and could see the difference in draw. It doesn't work with all tips though, just some of them. I think there can be very slight differences in size and some will push down that little bit further into the tank/carto.

I've tried a couple and they are all the same
    Stainless/chrome
    Ming type
    Aluminum
    Delrin

All the exact same, it's definitely something down the bottom....

Yes probably is maybe worth a pm to arry on ukvapers to get to the bottom of it :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I got off to a great start with carto tanks, but not so well the last while. The last few cartos have been pretty disastrous, either very little flavour, or a constant off taste. I'm starting to wonder if I'm damaging them when I am using a dremel to cut slots in them, I'm going to try and get a saddle valve instead and see if that helps. Has anybody seen any for sale around dublin?

someone linked one earlier in this thread for sale on ebay.ie from an irish supplier iirc

otherwise ring around a few hardware stores I guess.

stevenmu wrote: »
    I got off to a great start with carto tanks, but not so well the last while. The last few cartos have been pretty disastrous, either very little flavour, or a constant off taste. I'm starting to wonder if I'm damaging them when I am using a dremel to cut slots in them, I'm going to try and get a saddle valve instead and see if that helps. Has anybody seen any for sale around dublin?

I'd say you've deffo damaged them cutting with the dremel.

I've been using a punch, similar to the one ecigwizard sells for the last couple of weeks, and the flavour i'm getting from my carto's is brilliant.

When i first moved to cartos, i wasn't getting a nice flavor at all, but now that the carto is always wet, from the first puff, to almost the last, the flavor is brilliant.

Deffo try get a saddle valve, or get one of the punches from ecigwizard.

• Advertisement

is the one eeloe has, great little punch

Actually I'm starting to wonder if it's just me, I tried with a DCC and an un-slotted boge on their own and they were great for a draw or two and then went the same way. I've been using menthol pretty exclusively so I wonder if I've just overdone it and can't taste menthol properly, and instead I'm just tasting filler. I'll have to try some more flavours for a while and then go back and see how the menthol is.

That punch looks great though, might have to order one of those.

Actually I'm starting to wonder if it's just me, I tried with a DCC and an un-slotted boge on their own and they were great for a draw or two and then went the same way. I've been using menthol pretty exclusively so I wonder if I've just overdone it and can't taste menthol properly, and instead I'm just tasting filler. I'll have to try some more flavours for a while and then go back and see how the menthol is.

That punch looks great though, might have to order one of those.

http://ie.ebid.net/for-sale/reverse-osmosis-water-feed-saddle-valve-tube-44311838.htm I got one of these from an Irish company €6.90 delivered next day and they work great.

Excellent, thanks. Ordered one of those so I'll at least have something on the way.

Excellent, thanks. Ordered one of those so I'll at least have something on the way.

Ah good it works a treat and is a lot more solid than it looks on the pics. There's a few bits that come with it that you wont need in case you think you need to use them all and get confused.
    You will just need the device and the silver thing to keep the carto in place, its easy enough to figure out and it doesn't damage the cartos or anything just take your time doing the first one to get the hole in the proper place and after that you will know exactly where to place them each time.

http://alba-vapours.co.uk/dual-coil-tanks/big-boaby-tank

I just came across this glass pyrex tank being sold in the UK with SS end caps it looks the job and it has 13% off today with code fri13th. I'm very tempted but I must resist :D

Doing much better now today. I stayed away from menthol for most of the day (luckily I had some DIY'd cherry liquer on standby), and it's tasting great again today. I think as well that the slots in the cartos aren't doing a great job for me so the filler is drying out very quickly, hopefully the saddle valve will sort that out.

Yep I think everyone has a bad day every now and again when nothing works but its a good feeling next day when things get back on track and that vape just feels like it should.

yeah i had a couple of days like that recently, i was hardly getting any flavour from any of my juices and I was vaping so much as a result I think I was taking in too much nic which was making me irritable.. which didnt help me enjoy vaping

Yeah, I may have panicked slightly :)

The upside though is that when I do have a little wobble, I don't even think of going back to the analogues, it's all about getting the best vape I can and analogues just don't seem like they'd do anything for me any more.

• Advertisement

Yep, i was only thinking about this yesterday, i actually can't stomach analogs anymore, the smell of them, and the smell off people smoking them around me is stomach turning!

Sir Digby....did you ever figure out the problem with your arry tank and the Lavatube?

Mines the same now, i can't screw it all the way down, or eles it doesn't fire?

i think it was the adapter

did you get a little allen key with yours? you can use an allen key at the bottom or a screwdriver at the top and eventually I just got it to a point where I can screw it on tight and it vapes fine

its still way too airy for me though, I dont use it at all.
    ill get around to trying to fix it eventually but im just vaping tankless cartos these days, might dig out my chibis

Nah didn't get any allen keys!

I'll have to dig some out and fiddle with it!

i dont know if it matters if you do it from the top or bottom, so get a small screwdriver and fiddle around with the top section anyway

if you get desperate arry sells the adapters seperately and they come with an allen key
    i think it's a new adapter too

might dig out my chibis
    It's hard to fault the chibis, very solid tanks. Except maybe for the filling (I needed a new syringe the other day and got some funny looks asking for one in boot :)). But I've read instructions on other forums for adding a fill port, so going to order some bits and pieces and try DIY'ing them.

Okay, i think i have it figured out, the adaptor is stuck in the lavatube now...so it's in as far as it can go....i think the end of the carto might be too long?

Is that even possible?

hrm, link to the instructions please

I might just get a mini sub tank for the handiness of it

Okay, i think i have it figured out, the adaptor is stuck in the lavatube now...so it's in as far as it can go....i think the end of the carto might be too long?

Is that even possible?

no, you see the little screw thing in the middle of the adapter>? that's what you fiddle with using the screwdriver or allen key
    it raises or lowers, so it makes contact with both the carto and LT at the same time

• Advertisement

aye gotcha.....i'll have to go over town and buy an allen key!

Advertisement