Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carto tanks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

I've only been vaping for a fortnight so apologies if this is a stupid question :o

I'm going to be ordering a few bits from TBS during the week and i'm planning on trying a Smoktech 510 DCT V2, is it simply a case of filling the tank with liquid, connecting it to my e-Go T battery and vaping away or do I need more bits? (syringes etc for filling??)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Elbow wrote: »
    I've only been vaping for a fortnight so apologies if this is a stupid question :o

I'm going to be ordering a few bits from TBS during the week and i'm planning on trying a Smoktech 510 DCT V2, is it simply a case of filling the tank with liquid, connecting it to my e-Go T battery and vaping away or do I need more bits? (syringes etc for filling??)

Nope, that's more or less it. Soak the carto as normal and then just fill the tank and off you go.

Nope, that's more or less it. Soak the carto as normal and then just fill the tank and off you go.

Excellent, cheers

I suppose the next question is are they any good or would I be better spending my money on something else?

Elbow wrote: »
    Excellent, cheers

I suppose the next question is are they any good or would I be better spending my money on something else?

I spent a good few quid and a lot of frustration on all kinds of things when I started. I can safely say that these are the best investment I've made in relation to e-cigs.

I have the same tank in use for about 2 months and I use 1 x carto per week -I could probably get longer out of it but I just dispose of it at that stage.

No leaks, easy to fill from the bottle. The only weak point really is that you get the occasional dud carto but that's not the end of the world.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Not very impressed with the DCT so far. The carto it came with had a thread problem and didn't screw in properly. I put another one in and that screwed in fine.

Then after filling, I gave the carto a good suck to make sure it was filling from the tank ok, that caused it to flood and start leaking, which to be fair was my own fault. But, when I was trying to screw it off to clean it, the tank came almost completely off the carto. Somehow I kept it on without spilling too much juice. With a 6ml tank that could have been a messy disaster.

The capacity is great, and the easy filling is great, but it seems to want to jump off the carto every time you touch it. The chibi might be a bit of a pain to fill or to change a carto, but it literally won't budge unless you really really want it to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

This is the main reason i can't reccomend the mini sub(or the full size Submarine) tank from mom and pop vapor shop

has a filling screw on the side, stick a needle bottle in, and away ya go!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Can't or can ? :)

I've been meaning to try and mod a chibi tank with a fill port like the sub tanks, must get around to giving it a go one of these days.

Can't recommend it ENOUGH!!! Sorry!

God damn autocorrect making me sound like a dope!

Mini-Sub is the way to go!

eeloe wrote: »
    Can't recommend it ENOUGH!!! Sorry!

God damn autocorrect making me sound like a dope!

Mini-Sub is the way to go!

Any irish sites doing them? I might treat myself to both the mini sub & DCT V2 and see how I get on..

This vaping craic is working out almost as dear as the smokes! :o

No irish site selling them unfortunately.

But even buying from the states is pretty cheap, when buying, pick the cheapest shipping option, and it'll be here in around a week! :)

http://momandpopvaporshop.com/tanks/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Using the smoktech DCT v2 and it's fine. Was using a 5ml tank from Irish Vapers - thought it was a bit big but might go back. Can't say the DCT did anything wrong it's just not as well made. I just don't really love it but can't put my finger on why

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Argh, of the 6 Boge DCCs I ordered with my DCT, 3 were duds and I only got a few days out of one of the three working ones. Very annoying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you mean dual coils? or boge cartomisers?

either way that's ****ing rough

you email the supplier? I had a similar issue with parkesvaping, 10 cartos they sent me were all from a terrible batch and none of them worked at all so they sent me new ones out free when they got them in stock.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Boge dual coils it says on the box. Got them from healthcabin so will see what they say. For what it's worth, the three working ones were absolutely great with the DCT. Nice to get the guts of a day without having to refill.

that's.. weird

i dont think boge make dual coils..

Sorry, you're right - confusing them with the SR ones I got for the lavatube from ezsmoke.

twas these ones:
    http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1076_1118&products_id=7955

dont know if they're smoktech or not but i've seen a few people complaining about quality issues with smoktech dual coils lately

pain in the ass though to run through six cartos that fast.. i think I heard that HC's customer service is prettygood so maybe send them an email and see if they'll do anything for you..they do say they only cover for DOA and if 3 of them were doa maybe you'll get something from them

I've sent them an email, we'll see how it goes. It looks like TBS also sell the same type of cart, which I'm hesitant to stock up on.

Are there any other recommendations? If it wasn't for the duds I got, I'm really impressed with the DCT in general after a LOT of trial and error with other carts. If I could get a reliable one for the DCT I'd be a happy camper.

other carto tanks or other cartos for the DCT?

I think the larger boges work in the DCT.. but they dont have that little flange on them so they might slip out

http://www.irishvapers.ie/17-cartomizers

maybe order one or two of the TBS ones and one or two of these, see if they're the same or if one is better than the other

Looking for carts for the DCT - I'm not starting from scratch again, nor using a syringe!

The Smoktek ones are great when they work - but it's just the 50% hit rate that pissed me off. That basically makes it a fiver per cart.

• Advertisement

yeah I dunno if there are other brands of DC cartos for dcts or anything... maybe someone else would know

the 50% failure rate seems absurdly high though, it must have been just one bad batch

Hopefully - that or I'm just a human wrecking ball when it comes to this stuff.

Unmistakeably dud though; nasty throat scorching burnt taste, no matter how much I tried to prime them (think that's the right term).

yeah if you were getting that after it was filled properly then it sounds like a dud

maybe if you buy 200 of them from china, youll get 100 working ones for cheap enough :)

Yep. I had exactly the same carry on with duds. I used to buy maybe 4 at a time and maybe 2 or 3 of the 4 would be good.

I actually liked the DCT and it served me well but that used to really annoy me about the number of duds too.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

I purchased a 3.5ml DCT tank the other day and I am more than impressed with it. I find it much tidier than its big brother and less likely to slide off though it still will especially without a ming style drip tip on it.

I also found for some reason or other that it operates better than the 6ml dct that the juice feeds better into the dual coil cartomisers with the tiny hole especially if the top is taken off once after closing and then reclosed again it kind of puts pressure on the liguid and you can see the air bubbles flying back out of the cartomiser as the juice goes in.

Anyone else like or dislike the 3.5ml version of the dct?

I've the 3.5 but not the larger one, so can't compare it. But apart from the dud carts, it's been brilliant. If I can get a reliable cart for it, I think I've finally found the right combo for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

i got 3 of em and love em, i mix n match with smoks dc's or boges xxl,
    i use vase style drip tips and never had a slip off (yet)

easiest tank system so far and refill is like, pop driptip off, slide up tank, refill from bottle, done, 5sec's and ready, love its simplicity!

Yeah i get the odd dud too like 20-30%, i hate those burned moments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

newmark wrote: »

With an Ego-C 1000mAh battery and thread cover Its flush, looks really nice and is not too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

newmark wrote: »

They're all i've been using for the last few weeks, have 3 of them on the go, different flavours. Can't beat a simple vape :D .
    Must be lucky, cause I haven't got a dud carto yet out of the 10 I've used so far...fingers crossed...

With the thread cover on the ego, they are rock solid on the battery...great setup..

• Advertisement

I've only used the 3.5ml one and I found it great. The drip tip provided stops the tank from sliding up too far so I've no issues with it at all. Slightly long alright.

The carto's really are the weak link.

Advertisement