Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carto tanks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I tried some RY4 on my DCT after a few days of strawberry and fecked the carto up too. Had to toss it cos the taste was rank even after a few refills and washing the DCT.

About the only advantage of tank atties compared to carto tanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

newmark hrm.. cant be that much water, surely
    I just about never wash my chibis anyway, maybe you're meant to but i cant be bothered

greenhornet ive never had an issue with changing flavours in a carto tank. it might take a little while but after a while vaping the new flavour comes through fine.. did you give it enough time?

Gave it 3 fills but couldn't get rid of the taste. To be fair the carto was 5 days old when I chucked it so it's not a biggy anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

newmark hrm.. cant be that much water, surely
    I just about never wash my chibis anyway, maybe you're meant to but i cant be bothered

greenhornet ive never had an issue with changing flavours in a carto tank. it might take a little while but after a while vaping the new flavour comes through fine.. did you give it enough time?

At a rough guess im thinking maybe 2 teaspoons of water might have got mixed up with about 30ml of liquid over a few days messing about. Im thinkin even if it was 1 teaspoon at 5ml that that would definetly f*** up the liquid especially since its thin alteady being pg. I wont bother with washing the tanks in future and it probably wont matter once the arry4 arrives hopefully as the water wont lodge on the caps in that as they are solid and not soft rubber like the minisub.

adapter came in the post so using arryy tank atm
    i had to fiddle with it quite a bit to get it to work properly. I still can't get the carto to fire with it screwed down fully, I have to leave a bit of wiggle room for it to work at all. not a huge deal but it is kind of annoying
    ill work on it some more later on.

• Advertisement

adapter came in the post so using arryy tank atm
    i had to fiddle with it quite a bit to get it to work properly. I still can't get the carto to fire with it screwed down fully, I have to leave a bit of wiggle room for it to work at all. not a huge deal but it is kind of annoying
    ill work on it some more later on.

I'm probably stating the obvious but did you check the carto without the tank to make sure the carto is ok?

yeah, carto is fine.
    it might actually be my lavatube now that I think about it. when I screw anything else into it it does kinda sit wonky, at an angle. so maybe the arry tank can't go into it straight on and make a good connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

All lava's have a slight tilt. if you lay them flat on a table with a tank on and roll them, you'll see it.

It can't be the tank, if it's not the carto, and you would have to be really unlucky to have got 2 defunct adapters, it really has to be the Lava doesn't it?

Unless you didn't get a genuine arry tank and the length of it is wrong?

You have an old LT to compare it to don't you? If the thread was off on the LT then no other 510 device would connect cleanly.

the old LT was the same, nothing sat straight on it :)

I might have to fiddle with the adapter some more, there's a little picture that came with it showing you can adjust it with a screwdriver or an allen key. ive used the allen key so Ill try the screwdriver later.

Yeah the screw regulates how far you can screw it down by the looks of it. Hopefully that's it and you'll be up and running properly soon.

• Advertisement

well I can pull down the connector on the LT end with the allen key
    so im hoping that I can .. pull that down while at the same time extending the top or something
    *shrug*

i dont even know if it's about the length of the connector, it must be just not hitting something properly onthe LT end

if you can post up a few pics of the base of your adapter I can tell you whether it's the same as the one I have, if you want.

couldnt get any better pics

oh, rofl
    the adapter
    hahahahaahhaha

cba mesing with photos again, nevermind so :D

i got the adapter from arry, so it's legit

Looks fine, what about the base of the adaptor, can you post a pic?

I'd say if you fiddle around with the screw a little you'll get a tight fit..

p

Your's is a bit different from mine, this is mine:

yeah that's what my old one looked like

Let us know how you get on...

have it screwed on tight now and it's firing fine. draw is a little too airy, but more fiddling will take care of that im sure

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

My Arry v4 tank arrived this morning.. \o/

All i can say is, this is how it's supposed to be done....the constantly wet carto with NO flooding and mouth fulls of juice....i love love love it!

yeah its a great little tank
    im using it with 100%vg juice and while it's vaping fine, no burnt taste.. it isn't soaking the filler well enough though so flavour is a bit muted unless I drip some onto the top of the filler too.
    i think I made the holes too low on the carto, so the juice isn't rising enough? *shrug*

I've four holes anyway, so Im pretty sure that isn't a problem. ill keep vaping this until the carto dies and then next time I'm punching I'll do them a little higher

I've got 4 holes in my carto too...punched the first 2 far too low....FAIL!

running low on cartos, so i've gotta keep using this one till it dies too until my HC order arrives.

The arry tank goes look rather silly on top of my measly eGo Battery, really gotta get my finger out and order a mod!

eeloe wrote: »
    I've got 4 holes in my carto too...punched the first 2 far too low....FAIL!

running low on cartos, so i've gotta keep using this one till it dies too until my HC order arrives.

The arry tank goes look rather silly on top of my measly eGo Battery, really gotta get my finger out and order a mod!

I think 1 hole in the carto with the arry4 is sufficient unless your using 100vg as I've been using it with one hole since Friday on70vg/30pg and have had no wicking problems at all. Even chain vaping its keeping up with me, I think its due to the pressure when you screw the top shut.

Yeah when i screw the tank shut, i do get some flooding....i'm gonna have to work away with this one for the time being until i get some more carto's in the post....don't wanna leave myself with none, my order should be here this week tho! :)

LOVE this tank, i've just had to run over town, with just the device fully filled...normally i'd have to take the bottle of juice with me and top up the carto...LOVE IT!

whenever i notice it getting real weak in terms of flavour I just unscrew the cap and screw it back on. seems to force a bit more juice up into the filling
    also pours some out the battery end, but nothing a tissue doesnt fix

whenever i notice it getting real weak in terms of flavour I just unscrew the cap and screw it back on. seems to force a bit more juice up into the filling
    also pours some out the battery end, but nothing a tissue doesnt fix

Just before screwing it onto the battery wipe the end that screws onto the battery with a tissue first and gently blow up through it. This clears the airway hole in the centre of any juice that might have leaked in there while filling or any bit of juice thats left in the screw in part that might leak into the LT. And when your closing the tank close it really slow and you be less likely to get any juice in that centre hole.

How much fluid actually fits in this beast?

I'd say it's about 3-4ml? Including what's in the carto!

I've got the small DCT and I think that's supposed to hold about 3ml. I love mine too. Fill once a day and off you go. No leaking either.

• Advertisement

Just another quick one for the lads, is it possible to adjust the 'draw' when using the Arry tank?

Been using it all day and loving it, but the draw is slightly airy, and I wouldn't mind it being a bit tighter, but I don't wanna go ****ing with the adapter.

Advertisement