Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carto tanks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Gryzor wrote: »
    They're all i've been using for the last few weeks, have 3 of them on the go, different flavours. Can't beat a simple vape :D .
    Must be lucky, cause I haven't got a dud carto yet out of the 10 I've used so far...fingers crossed...

With the thread cover on the ego, they are rock solid on the battery...great setup..

I must be lucky too come to think of it as out of all the cartos I've used in the last 4 months or so I've only ever had one or two duds and that was probably about 40+ boges and maybe about 15 DCC with flange types. Ill probably have a dud now in the next one I put in for over mentioning it.

Eoin wrote: »
    I've the 3.5 but not the larger one, so can't compare it. But apart from the dud carts, it's been brilliant. If I can get a reliable cart for it, I think I've finally found the right combo for me.

Hi Eoin
    You could use the boge xl cartos in that as well and buy a ming style drip tip to stop the tank sliding off. I find the LR Boges very consistent but sometimes use the DCC's as well for the hell of it.

I've only used the 3.5ml one and I found it great. The drip tip provided stops the tank from sliding up too far so I've no issues with it at all. Slightly long alright.

The carto's really are the weak link.

Try out the LR boge xl size and a ming style drip tip with them if you haven't before, only thing is you will have to punch the cartos yourself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

http://www.irishvapers.ie/17-cartomizers

maybe order one or two of the TBS ones and one or two of these, see if they're the same or if one is better than the other

I'll be trying these next - Of the 4 I got from TBS, 1 was a dud, another 1 died in a few days and 1 was good. Think I've lost the 4th one.

irishvapers have confirmed that their ones aren't smoktech, so will give them a go next.

Health Cabin did say they'd send 3 replacements with my next order, so good customer service there. Just not sure when I'll be ordering from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I'll be trying these next - Of the 4 I got from TBS, 1 was a dud, another 1 died in a few days and 1 was good. Think I've lost the 4th one.

irishvapers have confirmed that their ones aren't smoktech, so will give them a go next.

Health Cabin did say they'd send 3 replacements with my next order, so good customer service there. Just not sure when I'll be ordering from them.

They are different, pretty sure coils are on the bottom on these, so vape is considerably cooler and taste a little better as a result.

The 1.5 OHM wasn't great at all but the 2.5 OHM were pretty good.

Few things I've noticed...

I got quite a few dry hits/burning taste with these, I continually had to flood the carto by sucking liquid in (despite the large punched hole) to get rid of the occasional wicking/burning issue, that's pretty annoying, perhaps punching another hole would alleviate that issue, but the hole is around 5 times the size as the standard LR cartos on TBS, so I don't believe this is the issue.

I got around 4-5 days out of it before the taste became muted.

However, one very startling difference I noted was with my sinuses, I've noticed I've been experiencing some post nasal drip since I started using the TBS cartos, when I switched to this, my sinuses were much better off for the duration of the time I used it, I swapped back last night to TBS cartos and this morning I woke up with a touch of congestion, also worth noting I have fairly sensitive sinuses and there's a history of Bronchitis in the family.

I think these are more consistent with vape production and general performance levels, but less consistent for wicking, each time I got a dry hit/burn I checked the top of the carto and it was soaked, perhaps it was dry around the coil on the bottom.

Do any Irish suppliers stock Boge cartos, I'm curious to try them out, are there Boge cartos will fit the 3.5ml smoktech tank?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Yep, TBS stocks boge cartos...in 35mm LR and SR, and the also have the XL's which will fit a smok tank
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/blank-cartomizers/138-510-xl-lr-empty-cartomiser.html

Just make sure ya get the LR ones if your using it on a fairly low voltage device! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ezsmoke do as well.. maybe e-smokeireland as well

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

eeloe wrote: »
    Yep, TBS stocks boge cartos...in 35mm LR and SR, and the also have the XL's which will fit a smok tank
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/blank-cartomizers/138-510-xl-lr-empty-cartomiser.html

Just make sure ya get the LR ones if your using it on a fairly low voltage device! :)

So I just need them and a hole punch?

So I just need them and a hole punch?

I'm guessing probably the thread too, to stop them slipping off the tank?

ah, because no flange down the bottom?

• Advertisement

Yep just gotta punch a hole in them, and you could probably do with one of the thread covers too to hold the tank in place...will tidy up your device too, make it look a little neater.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/adapters/69-smoktech-dct-ego-thread-cover.html

GrimmGreen covers them in this video on the ego twist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol-Ol8qWPic&feature=g-all-c

just get the thread cover for which ever tank you have :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

If you do use the flanged cartos, once you have the tank screwed into the battery, screw the thread cover back against the tank. It screws back tight against the flanges on the carto and locks it in place solid, means to get a non wiggely fit you don't have to screw the carto down so hard, you push in the battery terminal....

God, starting to get incredibly frustrated again with inconsistent supplies, that's what pushed me to quit vaping the last time round, something I'm strongly considering.

I got 4 of the IV cartos, filled 2 of them, they work fine for the first few vapes, not long after I'm getting slight bad taste which develops into full blown burning taste, the filling is dripping wet :confused:

Going to try out the Boge cartos, should have gone with these from the start based on your reports Digby.

Had a look on TBS and IV and a few other suppliers, is it a UK order job for the carto puncher?

im pretty sure one of the irish sites has a carto punch, but i cant remember which one

ill have a look for you in a couple of minutes, have to get dinner ready now

http://www.bargainvapour.com/Kir_Fanis_Carto_Puncher_Ireland_and_Japan_only/p1274299_6898446.aspx

works out a little dearer than from safercigs, but not a huge amount if my in-head currency conversions are right

http://www.bargainvapour.com/Kir_Fanis_Carto_Puncher_Ireland_and_Japan_only/p1274299_6898446.aspx

works out a little dearer than from safercigs, but not a huge amount if my in-head currency conversions are right

Cheers, much appreciated and bon appetit! :)

I think that a few people are using tools like this:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/REVERSE-OSMOSIS-SELF-PIERCING-SADDLE-VALVE-FITTING-RO-/180682746092

I'm done with the smoktech dct carts - 50% failure rate is very poor. Shame as the system itself is great. I'll try the non-branded ones from irishvapers next and I they don't work then id be interested to hear how the boges go for you.

I think that a few people are using tools like this:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/REVERSE-OSMOSIS-SELF-PIERCING-SADDLE-VALVE-FITTING-RO-/180682746092

I'm done with the smoktech dct carts - 50% failure rate is very poor. Shame as the system itself is great. I'll try the non-branded ones from irishvapers next and I they don't work then id be interested to hear how the boges go for you.

I just emailed them about returning the one's I got, I suspect it's something to do with the filler that's causing this burning taste, maybe they'll be able to shed some light on it when they check out the duds.

Seriously I can't suggest Boge carto's enough.

I started out with DCC's and didn't really get on with them, got boges and I LOVE them, use em 24/7 and rarely(maybe twice) get a bad one.

And I've rocked em @ 6v for a while and no failures!

Got the Boge cartos this morning, punched my first and warped the shape so it wasn't fitting comfortably, I applied a bit too much pressure, oops :)

Second one I did a more gently and it worked a treat.

Serious vape of these things, took a few draws and I'm feeling light headed!

Excellent Cartos, glad I finally decided to try them, I'll be sticking with these from now on.

• Advertisement

i heard if you stick a drip tip into the carto while you're punching it helps prevent the distortion.. although if you apply enough pressure I guess it'll happen anyway :)

Samba wrote: »
    Got the Boge cartos this morning, punched my first and warped the shape so it wasn't fitting comfortably, I applied a bit too much pressure, oops :)

Excellent Cartos, glad I finally decided to try them, I'll be sticking with these from now on.

they are a bit cheaper than dual coil cartomisers as well and easier on the battery over having only one coil, so its win win!

i heard if you stick a drip tip into the carto while you're punching it helps prevent the distortion.. although if you apply enough pressure I guess it'll happen anyway :)

Nice tip! ;)

What tool did you use to punch it? The one Sir Digby recommended?

I'm on the first of my DCCs from Irish Vapers which is working fine. I'll see how the others go, but the Boge ones seem to get great reviews here, so might take the plunge.

newmark wrote: »
    they are a bit cheaper than dual coil cartomisers as well and easier on the battery over having only one coil, so its win win!

From the morning of use, used up less juice too, efficient and it has produced nothing but quality vape.

What tool did you use to punch it? The one Sir Digby recommended?

I'm on the first of my DCCs from Irish Vapers which is working fine. I'll see how the others go, but the Boge ones seem to get great reviews here, so might take the plunge.

The last one I had gave me a few dry/burn hits but other than that it performed as you say, fine, the boge however is performing exceptionally well.

Yeah got the one Digby recommended, was packed, sent and received within 24 hours, postage was 2.99.

Screw it, I think I'm going to bite the bullet. The first cart I got from irish vapers has just died on me after a few hours. No burnt taste, just nothing happening. It's not the battery, as I've just tried it with a backup DCC.
    eeloe wrote: »

I presume that a standard 510 battery is a low voltage device? I've not bothered using my lavatube at all, it's just too bulky.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yeah I got the DCC myself a few days ago and on my second carto now with no real joy. The really annoying thing is you have the thing full of liquid and it's not feeding so the only option I can think of is to bring down the carto until the liquid pours into it just so the liquid doesn't go to waste. Not impressed really but then I could be doing it wrong. Life in general that is never mind DCCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

The first Boges I punched got a little distorted due to over enthusiasm - now I distort them on purpose. If they're slightly squashed they won't slide off the tank so easily.
    When putting them in to a DCT for the first time you simply pop off the bottom cap and push the carto through the inside of the cap - when filling I use the connection end which is better anyway because fluid doesn't seem to overspill in to the carto, even if you're really messy.

mewso wrote: »
    Yeah I got the DCC myself a few days ago and on my second carto now with no real joy. The really annoying thing is you have the thing full of liquid and it's not feeding so the only option I can think of is to bring down the carto until the liquid pours into it just so the liquid doesn't go to waste. Not impressed really but then I could be doing it wrong.

Standard DCCs from TBS?

Holes are way too small on them, I used an oyster knife to enlarge them by at least 50%

I've remedied this issue by just punching two holes at varying intervals.

mewso wrote: »
    Life in general that is never mind DCCs.

Sorry to hear, i hate those bad patches we go through :( but you'll have a big smile on your face when you try out the Boge cartos!

mrplop wrote: »
    The first Boges I punched got a little distorted due to over enthusiasm - now I distort them on purpose. If they're slightly squashed they won't slide off the tank so easily.
    When putting them in to a DCT for the first time you simply pop off the bottom cap and push the carto through the inside of the cap - when filling I use the connection end which is better anyway because fluid doesn't seem to overspill in to the carto, even if you're really messy.

That never even dawned on me, I have it fitting pretty comfortably and I've somewhat mastered topping them up without making a mess, but this definitely seems like a winner!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Sorry to hear, i hate those bad patches we go through :( but you'll have a big smile on your face when you try out the Boge cartos!

I meant to say DCT rather than DCC of course. I have loads of Boge cartos or at least I think they are the ones I have. Are you saying they will work in the DCT when punched?

Advertisement