Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carto tanks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

stevenmu wrote: »
    The saddle valve arrived last night. It's fantastic, much better than using a dremel, though to be fair I'm sure I was doing it wrong. It's really quick an easy to use, and the cartos seem to be working much better after using it. And most importantly it seems hard to mess it up :)

Glad to hear its working good for you :)

Newmark very kindly sent me a spare tank that he had and I was using it last night with a DCC.

Just one thing I noticed - not having used a carto in a while - the taste is muted compared to tank systems like imist, ego-c etc.

Do people find that different cartos are better than others in this respect?
    i.e. better taste.

glasso wrote: »
    Newmark very kindly sent me a spare tank that he had and I was using it last night with a DCC.

Just one thing I noticed - not having used a carto in a while - the taste is muted compared to tank systems like imist, ego-c etc.

Do people find that different cartos are better than others in this respect?
    i.e. better taste.

Your right the flavour from atomisers is generally better than cartomisers in my experience. I think the foam in the cartos mutes the taste a bit but you kind of don't notice after a while when you get used to the cartos.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

boge cartos tend to be a little better for flavour too, but atomisers are the best

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Right, the sub tanks...dunno what to say really...what a pain in the ass.

was heading away for a couple of hours yesterday, so filled it up...was grand for a while, but as i said, the original carto that it came shipped with had 3 holes punched in it, and it flooded like a bitch.

Put a new carto in, and now the draw is stupidly tight on it...and gurgling a lot...just can't get a nice full draw off em! :(

• Advertisement

are you using the same punch you were using for the other carto tank? seems weird

did you fiddle with the screw to release/letin air to equalse the pressure?

Yeah using the same Siam mods punch...

The first half of the tank seemed like it was fine, lot of vapor and a nice clean draw...the second half last night was kinda like it was sucking on a really thick milkshake(ya know that feeling where your cheeks(on your face) are being pulled in but your not getting any milkshake).
    I left it sit then while i was asleep last night tried to take a drag this morning and i was getting spits of juice in the mouth! :(

eeloe wrote: »
    Right, the sub tanks...dunno what to say really...what a pain in the ass.

was heading away for a couple of hours yesterday, so filled it up...was grand for a while, but as i said, the original carto that it came shipped with had 3 holes punched in it, and it flooded like a bitch.

Put a new carto in, and now the draw is stupidly tight on it...and gurgling a lot...just can't get a nice full draw off em! :(

They just take a bit of getting used to once you have mastered it you will find it hard to use any other tank.

Unscrew the tank and do the blowout thing from the bottom part of the carto and when you re connect it unscrew the thumbscrew and take a gentle draw with the thumbscrew out replace thumbscrew and you should then be flying it. If you feel like its not drawing right at any stage after that just undo the thumbscrew and replace it straight away. You wont damage the thumbscrew section no matter how many times you unscrew it.

Yeah using the same Siam mods punch...

The first half of the tank seemed like it was fine, lot of vapor and a nice clean draw...the second half last night was kinda like it was sucking on a really thick milkshake(ya know that feeling where your cheeks(on your face) are being pulled in but your not getting any milkshake).
    I left it sit then while i was asleep last night tried to take a drag this morning and i was getting spits of juice in the mouth! :(

Yea thats the stage where you just need to undo the thumbscrew and redo it again and it de-pressurises it and works away again no worries after that.

When blowing from the battery end of the carto, should i be blowing hard enough to actually get e juice coming out of the drip tip end?

Gave it a gentle blow, and it feel really really tight, i'm actually struggling to get air through it!

• Advertisement

When blowing from the battery end of the carto, should i be blowing hard enough to actually get e juice coming out of the drip tip end?

Gave it a gentle blow, and it feel really really tight, i'm actually struggling to get air through it!

You should blow it hard enough to clear the centre hole and give a wipe out the top part as well with a tissue if there is excess juice there. The end result should be when you blow gently through the bottom part you can feel a smooth airflow going through the centre hole in the carto.

when I had issues with gurgling/flooded cartos in tanks I'd stick a wad of toilet paper (unused) into the top of the carto for a few seconds, it soaked up enough of the excess juice that the vape improved a bit

when I had issues with gurgling/flooded cartos in tanks I'd stick a wad of toilet paper (unused) into the top of the carto for a few seconds, it soaked up enough of the excess juice that the vape improved a bit

Usually when I fill any carto I do the blow trick just to make sure that centre hole didn't get blocked and is nice and free. By the sounds of your one its fully blocked somehow. let us know how it works out if you can clear it.

Eeloe one more thing I just thought of did you fill the carto separately before filling the tank?

If you did next time don't bother as you don't need to. You only increase the chance of flooding the carto if you do.

Just leave the carto soak in the tank for about 5 minutes after filling the tank and then take a draw starting at a low voltage, gradually increase the voltage then to what you want once you are sure the juice has gone through the tank. You can also take a gentle draw at about 3vs with the thumbscrew out and this helps to get the liquid flowing through the carto.

Hopefully you will be sorted soon and vaping like a train....

I'll try your suggestions later :)

Just filled up the Arry for the day, don't wanna waste any more juice at the minute... :)

I rodered one of these yesterday to try them out has anyone here tried them before? I http://www.britvapes.co.uk/5ml_clearomizer_tanks_by_Riva/p1204754_6369732.aspx

They look to be a ce2 tank mod type of thing!

I'd say it'd be fairly okay, the ce2 users I've encountered on line all seem to LOVE using em.

Okay, i've been using my Mini-Sub since my silver bullet arrived, as i thought the Arry ACTv4 looked a bit silly sitting on top of it.

It was definately a problem with flooding that i was having at the start, the carto that came shipped with it had 3 MASSIVE holes punched in it, i stuck a new carto in there with just two small holes punched, and it's vaping like a champ at the minute! :) MiniSub and the Silver bullet are now my permanent out and about device :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I left the little rubber washer out of the carto in my DCT last week but found it again today. Some difference. It really is needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

A rubber o-ring comes with the DCT. You pop in in between the filler and the mouthpiece. Somehow, it definitely improves the performance. You just take it out when replacing the carto and put it into the new one. It's supposed to be inserted with the flat side up as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Does anyone know if the adapter that comes with the ACTV 4 (arry tank) is just a normal 510 to 510?
    There appears to be 2 types of these, sealed or not?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

My Smoktech DCT and Boge carts arrived today from healthcabin, and so far I've been pretty impressed. No burnt taste that I got from the CE4+, and it can be filled without a syringe.

However, I've had to use it with Ry4 which I had as a backup, and I find that stuff quite bitter and harsh. So it's hard for me to really say what the flavour is like until I try it with something a bit milder.

It's early days, but so far so good. If it continues to work well and with a juice I prefer, then hopefully I've found a good match between convenience, flavour etc.

If I can find long Boge 3.0 ohm carts, then I presume that would be a good match for the Lavatube? I think healthcabin do up to 2.5ohm.

Does anyone know if the adapter that comes with the ACTV 4 (arry tank) is just a normal 510 to 510?
    The one that comes with the Arry tank is modified, that's all I know.

I've never had another 510 adapter to compare!

Eoin wrote: »
    My Smoktech DCT and Boge carts arrived today from healthcabin, and so far I've been pretty impressed. No burnt taste that I got from the CE4+, and it can be filled without a syringe.

However, I've had to use it with Ry4 which I had as a backup, and I find that stuff quite bitter and harsh. So it's hard for me to really say what the flavour is like until I try it with something a bit milder.

It's early days, but so far so good. If it continues to work well and with a juice I prefer, then hopefully I've found a good match between convenience, flavour etc.

If I can find long Boge 3.0 ohm carts, then I presume that would be a good match for the Lavatube? I think healthcabin do up to 2.5ohm.

HealthCabin do standard resistance(3ohm) in the XL....what I've noticed between my last pack of SR carts is they range from 2.7-3.2ohm! Very inconsistent

they are special ones, but if yuou pm him on ukvapers he sells them seperately

Got my Kir Fanis Fotia Kai Lavatube tank yesterday.

Lovely bit of kit, it's basically a solid sub marine tank, no messing around with gromets or anything like that, and his filling method via the top is currently patent pending, once he gets the patent i'm sure he's going to mass produce them.

anyone wants to get on in the mean time, just pop him a PM over on UKV, i think he has a couple left.
    http://ukvapers.com/topic/21321-fotia-%CE%BA%CE%B1%CE%B9lava-a-special-tank-for-lavatube/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

So I've been using the smoktek DCT for 3 or 4 days now, and I'm pretty impressed. Still on the same cart - maybe the fact that it's less likely to dry out helps prolong the life.

Easy to fill, no leakage so far and no burnt taste that I've gotten from other carts. I think I'll buy a backup one though, as I'm not 100% sure how robust it will be in the long run.

I'm using a tobacco flavour at the moment until my normal stuff arrives in from Inawera, so I can't quite compare it to what I'm used to, but so far it's great.

Might try and see what I need to do to get it working with my lavatube properly, but even on a normal 501 battery I'm very happy. I didn't realise that I'm getting through 7ml+ of juice a day until now though .

it should work fine on the lavatube as is

you have one of the newer lavatubes dont you? the normal voltage for ego batteries is 3.3-3.4 afaik and while the new lavatuber will push dual coils a lot higher than that I really dont reccomend it as it tastes like ****ing ****

stick it on and play with the voltages, see what you prefer

Ta - they're only 1.5 ohm carts though; ordered them before I bought the LT as it was a bit of an impulse purchase.

• Advertisement

yeah that is the reason they're not really ideal for the lavatube (whatever those american nutjobs say). with the old lavatube it would adjust the voltage down to (i think) around 3.7v with 1.5 ohm dual coils, because that's what caused a current of 2.5 amps which was the limit the LT could support

the new lavatube supports a 4amp limit so it can push the 1.5 ohm dual coils to higher voltages .. allthe way up to 6. but imo that tastes like a burnt sock that's been soaking in liquified dog **** overnight.

Advertisement