Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carto tanks

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I saw someone say somewhere that the flange isn't 100% neccesary for the DCT so maybe you could try a non flanged carto and try it out?
    prob wanna be pretty damn careful with it though

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I got my chibi today from Newmark, it came with a 2ohm carto in it, would I be right in thinking that my ego battery's are useless to fire a 2ohm carto?

I have a few LR boges, but I don't have a punch for them!

And I've got the chibi filled with juice now and I don't wanna waste it! Haha

low res boges are 2ohm, so you're grand
    also pm me your addy, I can post you a carto punch I dont need any more

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Your tank looks the biz Sir Digby, but you must have got a dodgy adapter because the draw should not be that airy.
    Actually comparing mine to yours, your tank seems to be sitting higher, greater distance between tank and lavatube? Maybe it's just the pic?

i dont think it's the pic, that's because I couldn't screw it in all the way .. that was the closest I could screw it in before it stopped firing

and yeah it does look pretty snazzy

• Advertisement

You're a legend Digby!!!
    PM on the way! :-)

The carto that came shipped with the chibi, i just realised that the coil was glowing red, I could see it glowing through the hole that was punched in it.

Me and my polish compadre in work just beat a hole in to a new carto using a screwdriver and a mug.....she's working like a dream now!!!

that **** happened to me!
    i had to email parkes and complain, they sent me out 10 new cartos as every carto I got from them in one order just immediately I could see the coil burning when I fired no matter how long I left it soaked in the juice. just instant burnt flavour, was very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

eeloe wrote: »
    The carto that came shipped with the chibi, i just realised that the coil was glowing red, I could see it glowing through the hole that was punched in it.

Me and my polish compadre in work just beat a hole in to a new carto using a screwdriver and a mug.....she's working like a dream now!!!

Glad you got sorted out nothing worse than getting something new and it not working. Enjoy!

The cut of the two of us trying to bang the hole in the carto tho! Hahaha!

The chibi tank is the way to go!

It'll keep me going for another while anyway till I get gear lust again and order an Arry tank! Haha!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

The chibi tank is the way to go!

Probably a stupid question but what's the advantage of the chibi over a DCT? I find the DCT a cinch to fill and no syringe required.

Is it Boge vs Smoktech or something else?

pretty much boge v smoktech, also chibis are cheaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

pretty much boge v smoktech, also chibis are cheaper

Thanks, either way, these carto tank systems are just great. After all the messing around with atties, tanks and stand alone carto's I'm delighted with my carto tank. Just fill once a day and vape! I spent significantly more on hardware than juices. Hopefully now I'll be able to cut back on the spending on hardware and just focus on juice.

Of course, next week I'll probably find out about some other next best thing and buy that too……

wait till you see some of the american made glass tanks

http://phiniac.com/cid-7-1/clear-tanks.html

**** you i'm trying not to spend money.... Do they deliver to Ireland I wander....lol... Seriously though next spend for me will be the arry tank, it looks great and I don't think these plastic ones are great for citrus liquids so that's my excuse to get one...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I was looking at some of them the other day, some of them look incredible and even though I'm delighted with the chibi, I really really want one.
    Probably a stupid question but what's the advantage of the chibi over a DCT? I find the DCT a cinch to fill and no syringe required.

Is it Boge vs Smoktech or something else?
    I've seen a few reports in places of DCT tanks leaking, though I'd guess that's probably more misuse than an inherent problem. I think the main thing is that the chibis will fit boges and smoketechs, but the DCTs are too big for the boges.

Filling is the obvious downside of the chibis, but I did see a post about drilling a filling hole in the side of them and using a nylon screw to close it (like the mini-sub tank). If I can find screws and a tap at the right size I'll give it a go.

I'm getting some gurgling out of the chibi the last few tokes, someone mentioned before that's a sign of flooding....how do I sort that?

you have to break the seal in the top tank
    just stick your syringe in between the grommet to let a little air escape, might have to angle it a bit or fiddle it about a bit but angling it and pushing it in and out a couple of times oughta let enough air escape to let the pressure equalise
    if the top of the carto is real flooded, stick a tissue in there to soak up the juice.. take half a second to soak it up

Does that happen a lot? Or once every so often?

not terribly often, i migiht have to do it once or twice in a week or I might not

I think once it happens with a fill, it's more likely to happen.. and once you empty/refill it it becomes not as likely to happen again
    but that's only a guess, i've no reason to think that

if it gets real bad, and you cant be arsed fiddling about with a needle.. either do the tissue thing, or stick a sharp knife/scissors blade between the grommet and the tank.. break the seal for a second and then reseat the grommet

• Advertisement

Job!

Just done it with the syringe....

Hopefully after today I won't have to carry around my little case with all the stuff in it, I hope to just fill the tank, and not worry about it for the day! :-)

newmark wrote: »
    Just a quick one for anyone that may know. Are boge 2.ohm cartomisers the same size as boge 3.0ohm cartomisers? Its just the 3.ohm boges I got from bestshop today don't specify the ohm rate on the box and they are the same size as the 2.O ohm ones that I have already, so I'm not convinced they are 3.0ohms if you know what I mean. I was expecting the 3.0ohms to be bigger for some reason!

i got some lr 2ohms in the post today and they came individually wrapped with a little 2ohm sticker on them

i got some lr 2ohms in the post today and they came individually wrapped with a little 2ohm sticker on them

It would be great if they all came like that because some of them don't even have it specified on the box what they are and it is too easy to mix them up then especially when using 2 ohms and 3 ohms and they are the same size.

Where did you purchase them ones?

bestshop

maybe itd be worth your while buying a multimeter, i only got a few 2ohms jus to have them in case my LT ever breaks and I need to use an ego batt so im going to keep them well labelled and seperated from my 3ohms but if I had loads of cartos o different ohmage that all looked the same.. christ, that'd be irritating

bestshop

maybe itd be worth your while buying a multimeter, i only got a few 2ohms jus to have them in case my LT ever breaks and I need to use an ego batt so im going to keep them well labelled and seperated from my 3ohms but if I had loads of cartos o different ohmage that all looked the same.. christ, that'd be irritating

I will probably buy one when I can alright but I dont have a clue how to use one! I'm sure I'll find out on youtube or here though:)

hehe, yeah me either. part of the reason im kinda considering getting a provari in the near future is I wouldnt have to learn how to use a multimeter :p

This isn't an ad to sell, its an sos to find a buying partner so I'm putting it here as anyone into cartos should see it. Mods hope that's ok!

I have sourced 2 x ARRY V4 stainless tanks being sold together 32 euro each including delivery from UK and I will be ordering them in the morning so if anyone wants to go halves I would post it onto them when it comes during the week and cover the postage cost on this side? I don't really want to splash out the full 64 on a Monday but will if I have to hence my idea to offer someone to come in with me on deal...

PM me if interested its one of the best tanks available, hard enough to get and at a good price.

I'll take it....

Pm me details and I'll send on the money! :-)

I'll take it....

Pm me details and I'll send on the money! :-)

Great stuff pm sent..

• Advertisement

I think I've mixed water up in my Rye4 and IVTB e-liquids due to all the messing around I was doing with needles and the mini-sub tank. I was washing the mini sub tank each time I changed liquid flavours and not waiting for the rubber grommet things to dry properly so some water was getting in each time.

Then when I was changing flavours I was syringing the liquid back out from tank and back into bottle. Due to this happening a few times I've mixed water in with the e-liquid and now it tastes watered down and kinda flavourless.

Anyone else had this problem? Maybe its better not to wash the grommet things in tanks and just give them a wipe? The grommet things in the mini-sub are like 3 layers of rubber and the water was getting stuck in between each layer.

I'm guessing I'm probably better to chuck the liquid out now because if I tried to mix it with something else I would probably wreck that as well..

Advertisement