Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III to be released in April 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

thomasj wrote: »
    Not overly convinced by both phones so will stick with my plain galaxy nexus.

If rumours are to be believed jelly bean will be the next update for the galaxy nexus.

How long will the s3 be waiting for that given the s2 ics farce?

I have gained too much of a hatred towards touchwiz, because of my galaxy tab plus don't want it again!

Hardware is a disappointment but the one x hasn't blown me over either so I think I will be getting the next nexus (announced as Samsung btw)

Really, where?

I'd have been betting on Motorola.

Sorry, I mistook that thought it was a Samsung statement but its industry sources

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20120425PD205.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Have the nexusess's been released yearly?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

thomasj wrote: »
    Sorry, I mistook that thought it was a Samsung statement but its industry sources

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20120425PD205.html
    Cool, suffice to say the next speculation thread around here will be the Galaxy NEXUS 2 thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

They didn't hold back on what they thought.

• Advertisement

They didn't hold back on what they thought.

Synopsis for those of us studying for a 9am exam?!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just caught the end of the Samsung discussion, they seemed very unimpressed and found it boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Chet T16 wrote: »
    AT&T one-x seems to be the one to go for (not just based on this), if i had one of the others i'd be asking some serious questions

AT&T uses different 3G bands so it really isnt.
    And no reason how except a different chipset that you wont recognise the different in everyday use.
    People really get too bogdowned in analysing benchmarks

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

this is a goddamn nice phone at the end of the day. loving this s beam,
    bring on may 29th

any idea who will be carrying it here? vodafone uk have announced they will have it so im guessing they will have it here also

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Mixed bag for me and most negative things I can forgive like plastic back looking like S1... but that screen has me bulling... I suppose I have to see it now in action before I make my mind up.

• Advertisement

kenyard wrote: »
    this is a goddamn nice phone at the end of the day. loving this s beam,
    bring on may 29th

any idea who will be carrying it here? vodafone uk have announced they will have it so im guessing they will have it here also

S -beam....isn't that like bump on iOS?

I'm expecting this phone to get negative reviews going by initial reactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

murpho999 wrote: »
    S -beam....isn't that like bump on iOS?

I'm expecting this phone to get negative reviews going by initial reactions.

No iOS has nothing like it.

Chet T16 wrote: »
    AT&T one-x seems to be the one to go for (not just based on this), if i had one of the others i'd be asking some serious questions

AT&T uses different 3G bands so it really isnt.
    And no reason how except a different chipset that you wont recognise the different in everyday use.
    People really get too bogdowned in analysing benchmarks
    Except it's proving smoother and more power efficient. Things that you will notice everyday.

Inquitus wrote: »
    No iOS has nothing like it.

Seems like a similar idea to me and hardly a deal clincher.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Seems like a similar idea to me and hardly a deal clincher.

no for sure apple has no NFC or S Beam type thing, you must be confusing it with S Cloud / iCloud or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Isnt the phone nearly the exact same size as the SG 2 though?
    Looks a lot bigger to me

Samsung_Galaxy_S3_28-580-90.JPG

€750 :eek:
    I'm amazed that Irish people still bother looking at play.com, slow delivery and "free delivery" charges hidden inside ridiculous euro conversion, amazon ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

I'll need to hold/see it in the flesh, but I don't honk it looks great.
    I was expecting a spc increase and a sexy looking device.
    This just doesn't do it for me tbh ( by pictures)

The screen looks nicely bigger but the roundy corners make it look dated to me. Squared off is the way to go IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Well it was nice talking to you all, ive made up mind, ill be getting the gs3 I hope all you HTC reps have some success convincing people your phone is teh best if it makes you feel better and I hope all of you who are capable of making their own decisions get what they actually want themselves and not what a fanboi pushes down your throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

ShaneU wrote: »
    Looks a lot bigger to me

Samsung_Galaxy_S3_28-580-90.JPG

I'm amazed that Irish people still bother looking at play.com, slow delivery and "free delivery" charges hidden inside ridiculous euro conversion, amazon ftw.

It's 4.5mm wider than the sgs2. Not that much if you ask me.

fionny wrote: »
    Well it was nice talking to you all, ive made up mind, ill be getting the gs3 I hope all you HTC reps have some success convincing people your phone is teh best if it makes you feel better and I hope all of you who are capable of making their own decisions get what they actually want themselves and not what a fanboi pushes down your throat.

I agree, but I believe this thread should be more for the SGS3 and talking about it's specs and questions about this device. Comparing it to other devices is pointless as it's preference that gains peoples attention there.

anyone who has already bought a HTC One X and has no plans on changing, shouldn't really be commenting. This thread is meant for the SGS3 and those wishing to know more about it.

So really, anyone feeling they need to say their phone is better for this reason or that reason. You need to ask yourself why you need to defend your phone so much.

If it truly is better, than let everyone else come to that conclusion.

• Advertisement

I own neither, and have concluded the HTC One X is the better package, it has the better screen and the better camera. I have an upgrade next month and will be utilising it to buy the HTC. This thread is for people to compare and contrast the best phones available with the SGS3, not for Samsung fanbois to have a nerdgasm.

Edit: My current phone is a Samsung galaxy nexus for context.

Absolutely pathetic mentality fionny, but I can't say I'm surprised given your contributions on this thread.

Inquitus wrote: »
    I own neither, and have concluded the HTC One X is the better package, it has the better screen and the better camera. I have an upgrade next month and will be utilising it to buy the HTC. This thread is for people to compare and contrast the best phones available with the SGS3, not for Samsung fanbois to have a nerdgasm.

Edit: My current phone is a Samsung galaxy nexus for context.

Anyone that is interested in comparing the SGS3 with the HTC One X as let's face it that is the only device people are really comparing it too.

Should use this thread here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78495801

This thread is more for those having questions about this device and only this device. Bringing up arguments over which phone is better because of a or b is useless and makes no difference if you look at the facts.

Most of the arguments about which phone is better is by the people who have already decided which device to get or which device they already own. It does nothing for the thread but create pointless arguments.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

This non sheep wold really like to hear your first impressions of your new device and an overall assessment of it if your willing.

Thanks!

Absolutely pathetic mentality fionny, but I can't say I'm surprised given your contributions on this thread.

Care to elaborate, because all i have posted is my own opinions the same as everyone else.

I'm clearly in the wrong for making my own decision on a product that suits me after owning HTC, Samsung and Apple phones in the past.

god's toy wrote: »
    This non sheep wold really like to hear your first impressions of your new device and an overall assessment of it if your willing.

Thanks!

I will whenever i can scrape together money for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

subway wrote: »
    The screen looks nicely bigger but the roundy corners make it look dated to me. Squared off is the way to go IMO

Not sure why exactly, but I agree, seems the more rounded the edges the more dated it looks? Seriously considering the Note now

Not sure why exactly, but I agree, seems the more rounded the edges the more dated it looks? Seriously considering the Note now

Possibly a cover might make it looks nicer, I do agree that the rounded edges seem weird. Might be better once we get one in a hands.

Now let's play the waiting game!

I can't wait until apple copy the Stay Awake feature in the GS3 and tout it as their own.

Its an awesome idea, really and truely has always been one of my pet hates with all the smartphones ive owned over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Can the people who like the GS3 stop labelling those of us disappointed as somehow HTC fanboys?

Have some consideration for those of us who don't want to buy a phone with a Pentile screen but who are also fundamentally opposed to buying a device with the Beats logo on it :(

Advertisement