Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III to be released in April 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I haven't seen the 900 but I love the 800. If I had the money to have two phone I'd have a cyan 800 without a moments hesitation and while the screen is very good, I doubt even Elop would describe in terms of "best out there".

Overall the Xs SLCD2 is the best out there but Nokias is up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

HD Super AMOLED is what the GNex is using.

Exactly, Its the Galaxy Nexus screen stretched on the diagonal by 0.15"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

Inquitus wrote: »
    Exactly, Its the Galaxy Nexus screen stretched on the diagonal by 0.15"

They probably just ironed the curve out of it for the extra 0.15"!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Does anyone know when the galaxy s4 is coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Put my One X on hold until this was released, little between them, swings & roundabouts, defo buying the One X now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Just seeing this now

Honestly, I'm a bit underwhelmed, not sure why. Its the design i think, i just don't like it, I'd definitely prefer the design of the S2 or the S1 to this this. Its just too predictable of a design really, nothing new in it whatsoever really, coming from a fan of Samsung products generally.

The ONE X or ONE S beats this in design I reckon, which is a shame.. Other than that, it seems great, just disappointing about the design..

I had been thinking of getting a new phone soon and had been waiting for this announcement for months. After this I'd be inclined to go for the ONE S except for the lack of external storage. not sure what to do now really. Might just hold onto my CM9 Galaxy S1 for another year..

I really recommend the galaxy note to people. It seems to be a good price on Amazon.de atm

I really recommend the galaxy note to people. It seems to be a good price on Amazon.de atm

Its absolutely massive, they have them in CPW and Voda stores, it simply too big to operate one handed, cracking bit of kit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

HD Super AMOLED is what the GNex is using.

Ah and does it have any 'pentile issues'?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Can anyone explain to me what people where expecting?

There has been a lot of additions from the SG 2.
    I like the like of the phone, of course thats a personnel preference.

• Advertisement

Its absolutely massive, they have them in CPW and Voda stores, it simply too big to operate one handed, cracking bit of kit though.

Its perfect size for me. Fits easily in the pocket. Its difficult to use one handed but it replaces my laptop.

One serious flaw though us the microphone, its terrible. I like to record a but of guitar and other phones are better for this

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Screen is far too big, who wants a phone that barely fits in your pocket? Not a fan of rounded edges on phones either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

ShaneU wrote: »
    Screen is far too big, who wants a phone that barely fits in your pocket?

Isnt the phone nearly the exact same size as the SG 2 though?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Fits fine in pockets.
    Well except for skinny jeans but people shouldnt be wearing those anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

It's not that much bigger than the galaxy s2, The screen mainly shoots up believe it or not.

But it's only a few milimeters wider than the sgs2. Also I have the Galaxy note and it fits in my pocket perfectly fine.

Thor wrote: »
    It's not that much bigger than the galaxy s2, The screen mainly shoots up believe it or not.

But it's only a few milimeters wider than the sgs2. Also I have the Galaxy note and it fits in my pocket perfectly fine.

66.1mm for the SGS2 in width and 83mm for the Note, thats a massive difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

I'm actually delighted it's turned out to be a bit of a disappointment ... means I won't have to buy it :)

66.1mm for the SGS2 in width and 83mm for the Note, thats a massive difference.

Yeah, for the note, maybe, it does still fit in my pocket perfectly fine. The SGS3 is only 4.5mm wider than the SGS2. That is nothing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I think another issue with this is that plenty people were, given that it was launched 3months later (almost) than the ONE X, for it to be superior to that phone, but most will admit here its about 'as good as', which is probably another reason why many are giving this a lukewarm response..

I reckon there will be a fair few HTC's shifted over the weekend now. People were looking for a reason to wait for this, I don't think enough people got that reason..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

People are setting themselves up for disappointment. They've massively over-hyped the phone and now people are expecting the phone to be something unique or phenomenal. If the leaks are anything to go by, it's just an S2 refresh with a bit more power.
    Looks like what I said yesterday was fairly accurate. A lot of hype for what ended up being an updated Galaxy S2 with rounded edges and a Siri-clone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Calling it an updated S2 is just wrong, its no more an update than the one-x is an update to the sensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Not overly convinced by both phones so will stick with my plain galaxy nexus.

If rumours are to be believed jelly bean will be the next update for the galaxy nexus.

How long will the s3 be waiting for that given the s2 ics farce?

I have gained too much of a hatred towards touchwiz, because of my galaxy tab plus don't want it again!

Hardware is a disappointment but the one x hasn't blown me over either so I think I will be getting the next nexus (reported as Samsung btw)

Looks like what I said yesterday was fairly accurate. A lot of hype for what ended up being an updated Galaxy S2 with rounded edges and a Siri-clone.

Not really,

Quad-core processor,
    Zero shutter lag camera,
    Comes at up to 64GB storage,
    Wireless charging bay,
    Eye tracking for stay awake feature,
    Multi-task while watching a video,
    4.8" screen with only 4.5mm increase in width.
    Alot of decent accessories this time around.

Pretty much every launch for anything get's over hyped, that is just the way things go, but in terms of of the Samsung Galaxy S3. I think they did pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

thomasj wrote: »
    Not overly convinced by both phones so will stick with my plain galaxy nexus.

If rumours are to be believed jelly bean will be the next update for the galaxy nexus.

How long will the s3 be waiting for that given the s2 ics farce?

I have gained too much of a hatred towards touchwiz, because of my galaxy tab plus don't want it again!

Hardware is a disappointment but the one x hasn't blown me over either so I think I will be getting the next nexus (announced as Samsung btw)

Really, where?

I'd have been betting on Motorola.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

€750 :eek:

I know, shocking. Carphonewarehouse UK are doing it £499.95 sim-free

I'd take that price with the condiment of your choice, i'd say it'll go down closer to the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

It's not €750, it's 741.99 in white and €742.99 for blue play

Some benchies and comparisons to the One X, HTC stacks up better than expected!

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/03/gsiii-benchmarks/

Edit: ignore One S benchies for graphics as it pushes way less pixels.

• Advertisement

AT&T one-x seems to be the one to go for (not just based on this), if i had one of the others i'd be asking some serious questions

Advertisement