Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III to be released in April 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

murpho999 wrote: »
    Eh.....Samsung make laptops....you do know that Samsung make hardware...not Android!

I know, my point was what's the difference between people invited to the event using Macs instead of Windows based laptops?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

draffodx wrote: »
    I know, my point was what's the difference between people invited to the event using Macs instead of Windows based laptops?

Who honestly gives a **** what the journos are using.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Samsung make PC hardware, Apple make Macs.

Samsung and Apple are not on the greatest terms right now.

EDIT: Not that i care, just pointing it out :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,414 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

My point was that that they wouldn't like seeing illuminated Apple logos at their event.

My point was that that they wouldn't like seeing illuminated Apple logos at their event.

I think they'll get over it.

• Advertisement

Bloody hell people are touchy here.

It's quite simple. This is a Samsung marketing event, and Apple are their competitors, particularly in the mobile division, and their competitor's logos are very obvious during this event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

What's that pin thing? Does that come with the phone or something?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Funny watching fully grown adults sprint towards like that exhibition like kids into disneyworld

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Bloody hell people are touchy here.

Welcome to the internet, good to have you on board son!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Back to discussing the phone please?...:P

How good or bad will the battery be in this? Is it an improvement on the S2 overall?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

What's that pin thing? Does that come with the phone or something?

I think they are just pop up shops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

The event is a bit silly really. All the info was available elsewhere at 7pm.

And why are phone getting so big? The S3 is taking the piss a bit.
    dom-joly-image-2-495366070.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

So I like what ive seen I dont get where people think the HTC has won. Id rather have the Sammy any day over the one X.

Better looking phone, better features.

So what does the new HTC have over this ?

Also that stay awake feature is a great idea, one of my pet hates is keeping the phone awake while reading / thinking etc...

Here is a nice comparrison;
    http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/03/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-vs-iphone-4s-htc-one-x-lumia-900/

Nothing, theres nothing in it either way aside from slight preferences

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I like it anyway!

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Nothing, theres nothing in it either way aside from slight preferences

Ah better proccesor,
    Expandable memory
    Bigger screen
    It uses SIM not poxy micro sim
    2100mah battery compared to 1800mah
    Thinner.

They are things.

Designed for Humans! WTF does that mean..

OB-SI947_madmen_E_20120325125914.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I'm impressed.

The Galaxy S3 has some decent specs and they brought with it some very nice features. I know I said it before but I'm glad they introduced some cool features like wireless charging and the stay awake feature.

Will be getting this device. I have a galaxy Note here, Not sure to keep that aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

That's the One XL, not the One X.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The Samsung has a better soc, though not by a huge margin.
    The HTC has a much better camera.
    Arguably the HTC is a nicer design.
    The Samsung has expandable memory.
    The screens are about a tie Pentile Amoled v SLCD2, both have their downsides.

Samsungs plumped for alot of software features that may be ****, Siri is ****, who's to say S Voice won't be too?

I hated touchwiz and don't trust that massive customisation of Vanilla android is the right way to go, or that Samsung can pull it off. Touchwiz is a mess, Kies is a horrible bit of software, not a great track record in UI either on phone or on a PC.

If all the Samsung customisations to Android work near flawlessly I'd be interested, if they are poor then they can keep it, guess we'll find out soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

im glad i diddnt wait for the S3. what a anti climax.

the "intellgient stuff" is all software related that can be done on even a S2 with the right apps and some are carbon copies of Siri/google voice recognition.

The Camera features are again a carbon copy of One X that my device can do.

the only impressive feature is the wireless charging. other then that, this doesnt have any outstanding features both software and hardware that wipes the floor of the One X

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Hmm this or the HTC one X?

I'm not mad about the design but think I'll wait for the reviews and when I can get my own hands on it in the shops.

For now the SGS2 is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Thor wrote: »
    I'm impressed.

The Galaxy S3 has some decent specs and they brought with it some very nice features. I know I said it before but I'm glad they introduced some cool features like wireless charging and the stay awake feature.

Will be getting this device. I have a galaxy Note here, Not sure to keep that aswell.

Wireless charging is cack, its not standards based and you have to lash out @50 yoyos for a charger that won't charge any other device in the future. I have a touchstone for my touchpad, and its no better than having a micro usb charger to hand really. Once they come up with a unified std for wireless charging like microusb is for wired charging then it will be great.

No competition for me GS3 over HTC any day thank you very much.

fionny wrote: »
    Ah better proccesor,
    Expandable memory
    Bigger screen
    It uses SIM not poxy micro sim
    2100mah battery compared to 1800mah
    Thinner.

They are things.

I'm trying to sit on the fence so WolfForager doesn't jump down my neck

I know what i'm buying

Inquitus wrote: »
    The screens are about a tie Pentile Amoled v SLCD2, both have their downsides.

I'm curious as to what you think is the downside with the One X's display? I think its the best display I've seen on any device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Chet T16 wrote: »
    I'm trying to sit on the fence so WolfForager doesn't jump down my neck

I know what i'm buying

Says the man who just told me he was considering buying a LTE One x:P

I'm sorry but when you look at each of their pros and cons, they're quite comparable phones, and it will come down to preference i.e. brand loyalty or aesthetic preference, which for me would be the One X hands down.

Advertisement