Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III to be released in April 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 butadoo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

butadoo wrote: »

That page has been up for awhile now.

The specs are pretty much on target with some of the leaks the past while.

So far we have it being a 4.7" device with 1.4Ghz quad-core processor.

Those sounds like decent specs already, Assuming the camera is good quality and not just a resolution bump. which more than likely it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Is there going to be a live feed or an update somewhere from 7.00 of the annoucement?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

leemaree wrote: »
    Is there going to be a live feed or an update somewhere from 7.00 of the annoucement?

Yep mist if not all of the mobile phone websites such as gsmarena.com, the verge.com etc will be providing coverage on the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Im sure engadget will do this as will any self respecting techblog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Samsung have an app you can download from the play store. It will update on Wednesday with info and live feeds.

Actually, they have updated some of the info today [17.12 MB worth of not much until May 3rd].

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I believe there'll be a livestream link added to the Samsung Mobile Facebook and Twitter accounts on Thursday also.

The date is set for 7pm on Thursday in London right?
    The timer in the unpacked 2012 app will finish its countdown at 8pm on Thursday!!

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I believe there'll be a livestream link added to the Samsung Mobile Facebook and Twitter accounts on Thursday also.

The date is set for 7pm on Thursday in London right?
    The timer in the unpacked 2012 app will finish its countdown at 8pm on Thursday!!

Yup. I mistakenly said Wednesday. Forever hopeful.

RangeR wrote: »
    Yup. I mistakenly said Wednesday. Forever hopeful.

Sorry RangeR, I hadn't even noticed that you wrote Wednesday! I wish it was Wednesday myself :D

I was just wondering about the difference between the advertised time of the event and the time the countdown in the samsung app reaches zero! They're an hour apart, but I was just wondering if it was only for me? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Its the same for me, countdown suggests 8pm

• Advertisement

Chet T16 wrote: »

At least I know it's not just me then! :)

Chet T16 wrote: »

Probably refers to GMT and doesnt include DST which is the usual craic with multinationals.

fionny wrote: »
    Probably refers to GMT and doesnt include DST which is the usual craic with multinationals.

I was thinking that alright!
    So the event is probably ay 8pm then? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

butadoo wrote: »
    German amazon now taking preorders for S3 at 599€

http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-Smartphone-Super-AMOLED-Touchscreen-Megapixel-Android/dp/B007VCRRNS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335775292&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

Yeah but if Samsung doesn't unveil the Galaxy 3 on Thursday, we'll have to wait about another 3 or 4 weeks

another supposed image:

5-1-2012sgs3-sneak1.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/01/alleged-galaxy-s-iii-pops-up-again/

I think THAT actually is it this time, its good looking slightly different etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Cant say I like that home button but suppose they dont want it looking to much like the Note. hell I'd be happy if it did look just like the note!

At this point I think these pics are from Samsung (test units and such) to keep the GS3 on top of all the trending sites until the big day.

I do like a physical home button, its a point of reference on the phone aswell as a method of unlock so I dont mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Meh... Thurs better deliver something better than that :(

subway wrote: »

Well one day to go.

• Advertisement

OMFGJUSTONEDAYTOGOICANTWAITIMSOEXCITEDEVENTHOUGHIMLOCKEDINTOACONTRACTFORANOTHER18MONTHS!!!!1!!!1!!!!!!!1!!!!2!!!!!!ELEVENTY

OMFGJUSTONEDAYTOGOICANTWAITIMSOEXCITEDEVENTHOUGHIMLOCKEDINTOACONTRACTFORANOTHER18MONTHS!!!!1!!!1!!!!!!!1!!!!2!!!!!!ELEVENTY

nice........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Hehe. It's unbearable at this stage

I'm no where near as excited as I was last year to be honest, I guess thats because id had the Desire for nearly 18 months at that stage. The GS2 is still a great phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

fionny wrote: »
    I'm no where near as excited as I was last year to be honest, I guess thats because id had the Desire for nearly 18 months at that stage. The GS2 is still a great phone.

Same here, I thought I'd be jumping at the chance to change my SGS II to an SGS III but the more the rumour mill churns out seemingly creditable information and images the less interested I seem to become.

It's a shame to see it have a physical button and it looks like Samsung have failed to really push the design forward in my opinion.

Still want physical home buttons myself but ya the specs that are leaking are kinda meh... Im thinking ill just change to a SIM only plan and save the cash on my monthly bill unless the GS3 is something special.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

subway wrote: »
    People are setting themselves up for disappointment. They've massively over-hyped the phone and now people are expecting the phone to be something unique or phenomenal. If the leaks are anything to go by, it's just an S2 refresh with a bit more power.

People are setting themselves up for disappointment. They've massively over-hyped the phone and now people are expecting the phone to be something unique or phenomenal. If the leaks are anything to go by, it's just an S2 refresh with a bit more power.

To an extent, maybe.

The S2 is a marvelous phone. The S1 was a marvelous phone. I'm sure the S3 will be a similar step.
    • NFC should be an absolute
    • Screen size may increase the the S2 is pretty much the perfect size for a phone. Any bigger [Read Note] and you are getting into terotiries where it's hard to be portable. Might as well go Tab.
    • **Rumour** Wireless charging would be fuppin marvelous
    • The phone isn't going to get much slimmer
    • The camera isn't going to get better quality, maybe more mega pixies
    • PLEASE include either a HDMI cable or dock [They're not that expensive]
    • PLEASE keep external SD Card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I agree, I reckon the SGS2 will remain a top seller. Seems to be the sweet spot for smartphones in terms of weight, size, screen, battery, picture etc.

I was anticipating something special with the Galaxy Nexus and ended up being disappointed, unless all the leaks have been part of an elaborate deception then the SGS3 looks like it is going to be an upgraded version of the Nexus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

To an extent, maybe.

The S2 is a marvelous phone. The S1 was a marvelous phone. I'm sure the S3 will be a similar step.
    The S2 is a great phone. The S1 on the other hand was plagued with terrible software problems (I had two and they both had the same issues) and lacked some key features such as camera flash.

Advertisement