Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 28 at CAPTAIN'S GRAFTON ST/TALLAGHT! **THANK YOU LEGGO**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

For me, Flair vs Savage from WM 8 hasto be shown, and hopefully with Flairs after match promo because its just pure brilliance! My favourite match ever.

Others id like to watch would be: Hbk vs Taker from WM 25, Austin vs Hitman from WM 13, Rock vs Austin from WM 17, and Angle vs Lesnar from WM 19... There are plenty of others I'd like to see obviously, but they'd be up there with my favourite matches!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

1.Ric Flair vs HBK-Mania 24
    2.Randy Savage vs Ricky Steamboat-Mania 3
    3.Bret vs Austin-Mania 13
    4.Hogan vs Warrior-Mania 6
    5.Goldberg vs Lesnar-Mania 20(for the laugh!)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Only problem i have with watching matches beforehand is
    1) It'll no doubt outshine this year's mania - you're hand-picking the best of previous manias & by comparison the reason we're all therewill be a let down

and

2) would rather chat than watch TV, we'll get enough of that come midnight!

in any case, good times :) looking forward to hearing wrestling music outside my earphones/apartment lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Angle vs Michaels

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

I'm actually pretty excited about this! I can't explain it but I think it's to do with the fact that I'll be around some great people who live wrestling as much as I do! In a way it feels like being at Mania!
    I cannot stress how much I appreciate what Leggo has done for everyone and thank him for all his hard work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

HBK vs Bret from Wm 12
    HBK vs Razor Ladder Match WM 10
    Bret vs Owen WM 10
    Savage Vs Steamboat WM3 (surely!)
    HBK vs Jericho WM 19.

Leggo, your blog is fantastic - the Mania preview makes brilliant reading. Well done Sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

I think Leggo said the classic matches will be muted with music on over it, so it won't be everybody must sit down shut up and watch the screens!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

wish i could be there, wonder which WWE star is going to be there? will it be in person or just a video?

Hope its someone current and not a former star like fit finlay etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I think it will be Raven whining about his time in WWF. It's a test to see who can leave the fastest you see after 4am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Hope it's Gillberg or Ralphus,or dare I say it,Virgil!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,407 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think I'll be donning my Roddy Piper attire for the night and I expect an entire night of marking out!

I seriously cannot wait for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,134 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

these would be my picks...

Savage v Steamboat @ WM III
    Savage v Hogan @ WMV
    Savage v Flair @ WM VIII
    Bret Hart v Owen Hart @ WMX
    Bret Hart v Stone Cold @ WM XIII
    Gimmick Battle Royal @ WM XVII :D
    Vince v Shane @ WM XVII
    TLC 2 @ WM XVII
    Jericho v HBK @ WM XIX
    Lesnar v Angle @ WM XIX
    Guerrero v Angle @ WM XX
    HBK v Angle @ WM XXI
    Undertaker v HBK @ WM XXV

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Feck people and their lists The Reg only wants Cody Rhodes vs Rey Mysterio!

Somebody wants to know if there's any spares floating about or if you turn up early enough on the night could you still get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,689 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

They released 50 tickets at 12 noon today according to the face book message I got.

I'd doubt they'd be sold out just yet but I wouldn't leave it too much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Just looking at the pics and some videos from Captains Live and with 250+ people in there its gonna be jammers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Just looking at the pics and some videos from Captains Live and with 250+ people in there its gonna be jammers.

Yeah I was hoping it wouldn't be overcrowded to the point where you can't move or breathe, should still be some awesome atmosphere though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

How's the crowd control gonna work? Are people without tickets gonna get kicked out at midnight? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I intend getting my ass there before 9 to ensure I get a decent vantage point.Now of course,this will likely mean come 4 am I will be stupendously drunk but feck it,has to be done.

Leggo,whats the story with the tickets reserved through yourself?Do I just go along,give my real name and pay the 5 bucks?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,689 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

How's the crowd control gonna work? Are people without tickets gonna get kicked out at midnight? :p

Good question. What's to stop someone going into CA at 7pm. Taking a seat and ordering food, then staying there for the night....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Now that I think about it though, most will be in work on Monday. :pac::pac::pac:

What I was told is that the bar has our names. We pay them a 5er and get the ticket.

As for somebody sneaking in on the sly I presume they would be checking for tickets when 8 rolls around.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Kane v Pete Rose :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yep if tickets have been ordered through myself then Captain's will have your name, just tell them and pay there and then. They'll check ID though so everyone make sure you have it.

Still to finalise crowd control plans but we're already putting measures in place, that's the last minute bits 'n' bobs to sort out. It's a priority though so don't worry it'll be taken care of. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Shifty11

just emailed there. is there many tickets left? i asked for 3 but could possibly need a fourth.

Was just up there tonight to finalise technical plans for the night. Was actually surprised when I saw the full scale of it with the Live area included (have obviously been before, but 'twas ages back before I was even thinking about this, and only been popping in and out during the day up to this point). Loads of space for everyone and plenty of screens too. Was also assured that the volume of the show will be good for everyone. They were telling me that the Gardai popped in during Superbowl night and asked them to turn it down, as the TV volume was so loud you could hear it clearly on Grafton St (keep in mind you can barely hear a band playing there out on the street). So I think we'll be fine somehow. :D I actually feel more organised than I'd anticipated to be after chatting to their tech guy.

All set and good to go for Sunday. :)

MULTIPLE SCREENS???????

I legit thought it would be one big screen at most. Nice work leggo. Did they have any issues with Sky box office?

There's one big screen but a few different flat screens placed around the venue. I reckon most will watch the main show on the big screen at the top but the flat screens will be great for beforehand with the classic matches while everyone chills out and if anyone has viewing difficulty during the show in the event that they get stuck standing behind a 7' giant.

Loads of mini heart attacks during the week, which is standard for an event like this, but any problems we thought we ran into were solved pretty quickly. Can't say enough about the professionalism of all involved with Captain's. They have their **** together. So all that can stop us now is the extremely unlikely event of a power cut or act of god.

Did...did I just jinx it? Balls...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

What's this about a former WWE wrestler appearing, for real?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Charisteas wrote: »
    What's this about a former WWE wrestler appearing, for real?

check back a few pages where someone put up a blog, possibly abdangerously, he mentioned it and leggo has promised a big surprise

Advertisement