Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 28 at CAPTAIN'S GRAFTON ST/TALLAGHT! **THANK YOU LEGGO**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Does that include the boards allocation?

In any case I can't wait for mania; I think the atmos will be as good as X8's in the bar!

You be there, jay?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Does that include the boards allocation?

In any case I can't wait for mania; I think the atmos will be as good as X8's in the bar!

Boards allocation is separate from tickets on sale. By the way everybody, I'll be doing that on Thursday morning/afternoon.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

CMpunked wrote: »
    You be there, jay?

Yep! The OSW review crew will be there :)

Alright guys here's how this is going to work:
    1. On Thursday morning, from 10am, the allocation will open.
    2. I have 20 tickets to give away. Max 2 ticket per person to make sure that people aren't forced to go on their own, but as much boardsies still get to go as possible.
    3. The first people to PM me NAMES* from 10am onwards (PMs sent even 2-3 mins beforehand won't be accepted as it's not fair on everyone) will have their tickets reserved. This will go on until there's 20 tickets given away, first-come, first-served...so there can be 20 people booking 1x ticket, or 10 people booking 2x tickets, or however many people. Use your name as it appears on your ID as it'll be checked off ID on the night.
    4. I will reply asap with a PM just saying 'Reserved' and that's how you know you'll be guaranteed a ticket. I'll post here if/when all tickets are gone. Depending on how Thursday goes for me and when you send your PM, you might be waiting a couple hours for confirmation but I'll have replied to everyone who PMs that day by midnight at the latest.
    5. You CAN get another boardsie to do it on your behalf, I'm just going on the first 20 names I get. So if you physically can't be at your PC at the time, arrange it with someone who can. But obviously each boardsie can only do it for one person as there's 2x allocated per person.
    6. You can collect your ticket AT Captain's (Grafton St) on the night of the show. Just show up with your ID and pay at the door.

So relatively straightforward, just PM names from Thursday at 10am. I think that covers everything, but if anyone has any additional questions I've forgotten to answer just ask.

*So your PM should just look like this:

'Joe Bloggs
    Mary Joe Walton'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

uwwedoogie wrote: »
    Am I the only one who will do a drunk naked dance every time we see John Laurinaitis?

As long as I don't hear idiots screaming "Big Johnny!" or "Mr. Excitement!" every time they see him it's all good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

What if we start singing 'You've Got The Touch' by Stan Bush whenever he's on screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Anyone who says woo or what? should be kicked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

If I'm drunk and hear what! I'm gonna go R-Truth on someone's ass.

Or Christian Bale, Christian Bale would probably be more apt.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

*discretely puts a way his 20 ft wide 'WooooOOOhHHHOOOOO' banner.*

The one actual WWE PPV I've been to was the Rumble in 2008 in NYC. My abiding memory of that night now looking back was the 'Woooooooooooooooooooooooo' chants getting louder and louder and louder as I walked the last mile to MSG. Amazing.

• Advertisement

Beefy78 wrote: »
    The one actual WWE PPV I've been to was the Rumble in 2008 in NYC. My abiding memory of that night now looking back was the 'Woooooooooooooooooooooooo' chants getting louder and louder and louder as I walked the last mile to MSG. Amazing.

It's like a wrestling fan's mating call.

Except for the fact that saying it around a member of the opposite sex will almost instantly end any chance of them mating with said fan, ever.

So that's where I'm going wrong...

We've all woo'd in a woman's face at some stage bro, no shame in it. :D

Try shouting "The consortium....IS ME!" :pac:

leggo wrote: »

We've all woo'd in a woman's face at some stage bro, no shame in it. :D

Yeah, its when u get it in their hair that they get pissed off, am I right?

Yeah, its when u get it in their hair that they get pissed off, am I right?

Aye. I once woo'd in a girl's face and blinded her.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

Leggo, seeing as this seems to be going really well, do you think Cap's will do the same for another PPV?
    The only PPV's I would normally pay to see on TV is the Rumble and Mania and sometimes Survivor Series if its worth getting. Would be great to have something like this for the Rumble

I was literally only talking about this and whether it would be possible this morning. And the best way, for now I feel, is to play it by ear depending on how this goes. There's definitely a market for it and I think this has shown Captain's that much, but if I was going to do it semi-regularly (ie so it just doesn't just flop after a while) I'd want to get a good, sustainable plan in place. And I also want to just focus on making this night amazing now that ticket sales are thankfully looking after themselves.

So it's possible, but see how this goes first.

Ya, I've no doubt this year will b a success so see how next year's mania does. I think once a year is about the most the vast majority will do. Obviously I hope it's more as i'd also love to do Rumble live :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Who's up for TNA Lockdown live next month?!

• Advertisement

This years RR in CA would have been epic for obvious reasons...

I could see it working for the RR too but not sure about the other PPV's

The downside is that the RR card can be dire. At least this ppv is stacked to the gills (well with 4 matches worthy of headlining any wm).
    Until wwe puts as much effort into the big 4 as they used to in the past, I won't be so eager to go to something like this that's not WM.

Charisteas wrote: »
    Who's up for TNA Lockdown live next month?!

tumbleweed.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, Wrestlemania is big enough to be able to support something like this, but I doubt TNA would get the same. Even the other 3 of WWE's big four would be a bit risky I'd say.

Maybe I'm just a pessimist :pac:

I think it's more of a case of if people enjoy their night, if we get a great crowd with a great atmosphere (which I fully expect) and if there's an appetite to make it a semi-regular deal.

I'd love to help kickstart some kind of social hub for wrestling fans in this country, moreso than the quality of PPVs themselves, the coming together of guys to drink, hang out and have a good time while watching some wrestling. As is the case with football, GAA, rugby and even the likes of NFL now. The game might be crap but you remember the banter, you know? Like I said though, it'd have to be handled carefully. One dud night, business-wise, and the likes of Captain's would sour on the whole thing.

But that's all just hypothetical talk for now. All focus is on this one and making it as good as possible. And I'm just after checking my email so might have some good news for you guys over the next couple days! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Whats the good news I wanna know :P.

Got my ticket this morning would say they are basically sold out by now, wasn't all that many left when I was there. Happy enough so :D. Here's hoping I get work off otherwise I will be bringing my work clothes with me and straight into work in town for 7 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

TNA PPV meet-up is guaranteed this -

0004985e-640.jpg

That's the queue for the passport office pal.:D

What is that picture from? There seems to be an overabundance of red hats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

CMpunked wrote: »
    What is that picture from? There seems to be an overabundance of red hats.

Obamas visit I think

Advertisement