Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 28 at CAPTAIN'S GRAFTON ST/TALLAGHT! **THANK YOU LEGGO**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CMpunked wrote: »
    What is that picture from? There seems to be an overabundance of red hats.

I thought 1st it was from the Wheres Wally record attempt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Yep it's from Obama's visit. The red hats were given out by a newspaper, think it was The Sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Reminder that the boards.ie allocation for tickets opens from 10am TOMORROW (Thursday) morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

In fairness, I think most of us HAVE our tickets already =P

Any news on a table near the big screen for the boards people though?

Yep, I have boards down for a table.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

How do we prove we are with Boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

Went in today at about 11:30 am and they are apparently sold out! however the guy took my name and number and said they would ring me when more tickets came in (b0 llocks) and, if not.. they will put me on the list for pay at the door(even more boll0 cks!)..

I dont trust this situation and theres no way im missing this so PLEASE PM me if you have a ticket to spare, ill pay obviously!.....cant possibly miss this.No Fokking way!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    How do we prove we are with Boards?

Presumably only people from boards know there's a table for boardsies!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Good point Jay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,084 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Presumably only people from boards know there's a table for boardsies!

have a tablet/laptop set up for people to sign in their user name as proof of id.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Only you can stop boards.ie identity theft!

sockmo wrote: »
    Went in today at about 11:30 am and they are apparently sold out! however the guy took my name and number and said they would ring me when more tickets came in (b0 llocks) and, if not.. they will put me on the list for pay at the door(even more boll0 cks!)..

I dont trust this situation and theres no way im missing this so PLEASE PM me if you have a ticket to spare, ill pay obviously!.....cant possibly miss this.No Fokking way!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77684358&postcount=365

Is that all 250 tickets sold now then?

Honestly I was expecting this to be one of those things where everyone says they're going, then only about 30 tickets get sold, but looks like it's gonna be jammers that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭deisedude

Anyone know if Wrestlemania is being shown in Galway anywhere? I know i asked earlier in the thread, just on the offchance something has been oganised in the interim. Don't hold up much hope :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Ticket reserved thanks to Leggo.Its prolly been at least 4 or 5 years since I watched Mania live on a proper TV so Im looking forward to this.Plus Im off on the Monday anyway so it should be a beer sodden bit of craic.

Major kudos to Leggo for all the effort he has put in too.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

John Cena appreciation day :D

Or a Limp Bizkit gig :D

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

So... who's excited?

Will be practicing our performance this weekend!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Looks like i wont be making it up , think me and my friend are just gonna watch it in mine (and could'nt convince him to go to Dublin for it ) . Would have loved to have gone since the atmosphere will be great and the fact it looks like its a sell out which is great . Hats off to Leggo and if im not at Mania next year ill def try make it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Booked my hostel today :D I'll be easy enough to recognise, I'm very metal :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Your going dressed as robocop?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Your going dressed as robocop?

Major pop!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

considering it will be around 4am in the morning when we hit the streets, is there a taxi rank close by to captains, dont fancy walking at that hour! :confused:

esprimo wrote: »
    considering it will be around 4am in the morning when we hit the streets, is there a taxi rank close by to captains, dont fancy walking at that hour! :confused:

Well it's close to Dandelions which is always brimming with Taxi's outside (though not sure what time that place closes, could be well before 4am).

Anyways I don't think even the Garda would wanna mess with 250 drunk wrestling fans at 4am in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Charisteas wrote: »
    Well it's close to Dandelions which is always brimming with Taxi's outside (though not sure what time that place closes, could be well before 4am).

Anyways I don't think even the Garda would wanna mess with 250 drunk wrestling fans at 4am in the morning.

249, remember, I'm not drinking. :P

But maybe captains might have a number for a local firm that can be sorted out to pick you up.

248, i'm not drinking either.

esprimo where are you walking to? Bottom of Grafton next to Sweet Molly Malone there are always Taxis too. Though I have been stung a couple of times from there before, drivers going the wrong way, getting petrol and leaving the meter running (though this was only from non-Irish drivers).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Jayzus lads, first time in the city or what? :D
    You'll get a taxi within 5 mins of Grafton st no matter what direction you're going.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

There's a taxi rank top of grafton st and at the front of Trinity College; you'll be fine! It's not like ten years ago; walking home Friday night ive never been flashed by so many cabs offering me a ride home lol

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

I'll come round with a van and give you's all a lift back to wherever your staying, once its withing a 10 mile radius of town.
    The van's a little messy right now but I can put in some paper towels if you want ;)

j/k

• Advertisement

I'm staying in a place out by the Four Courts, I'll be grand to get out there.

Is there any sort of internet access in Captain's? I just usually talk to a few Scottish and American friends during PPVs, I'd kinda like to be able to again.

Advertisement