Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland betting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I took BaTTS in Dundalk game as a just fot the laugh beT. It's looking like it'll be my only winner of the day. But jaysus 8-1. Shows an awful disparity in the league. Dundalk have only themselves to beat

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭salmon1

Going to go for a small accum on cork,bohs,drogs and harps works out 4.50/1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Galway have 9 first team players injured ,Derry will go off very small tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Waterford missing a few too.

I won't be around tomorrow and one of the other lads will be doing the write up by the afternoon so if someone could copy it here from Facebook please.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

seanhynes wrote: »
    Galway have 9 first team players injured ,Derry will go off very small tomorrow

We've eight out at most, three of those have been out all season, two more have barely played, our keepers are arguably interchangeable so I wouldn't put too much into that team news.dont expect us to really get anything anyway but a draw isn't out of bounds completely.

• Advertisement

We've eight out at most, three of those have been out all season, two more have barely played, our keepers are arguably interchangeable so I wouldn't put too much into that team news.dont expect us to really get anything anyway but a draw isn't out of bounds completely.

Derry aren't exactly banging them in either ,they couldn't score v 10 men for 70 mins last sat although I heard conditions were shocking ,the pitch in Derry isn't great either wouldn't rule a draw out,Bray managed one up there after

Derry -0.75 Asian, Pats/Rovers BTTS and Dundalk -1 Asian are the bets. A Medium, small and large respectively. Can't post the write up as I can't get onto Facebook in work so someone might post it over for me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Derry -0.75 Asian, Pats/Rovers BTTS and Dundalk -1 Asian are the bets. A Medium, small and large respectively. Can't post the write up as I can't get onto Facebook in work so someone might post it over for me please.

Derry City v Galway (KO 7:45)

This is a game that has come to our attention with news that Galway are without 9 players for the trip to The Brandywell.
    Said venue, may not be the fortress it once was with Derry losing twice and only scoring 4 goals however against such a depleted side we fancy them to pick up a second home win of the season against a hot and cold Galway side who have lost 3/5 and won the other two, but more importantly losing 4/5 last away games, with the only win against a poor bray side.
    We fancy Derry to pick up maximum points here however a SW has no value at 8/13 and we expect them to drop in price even further so we have went with
    Derry City -0.75 Asian Handicap @1.850 (BET 365) MEDIUM

St Pats v Shamrock Rovers

Both sides in decent form unbeaten in the last 5 games and with only 1 stalemate each in that run going into the hotly contested Dublin Derby
    St pats are starting to hit form in front of goal with 10 in the last 5 matches 8 coming in the last 3.
    That striking rate may be dealt a small blow with the doubt over Christy Fagans fitness but with Byrne and Kilduff in fine scoring form, the saints shouldn't be to worried, also Aaron Greene and Chris Forrester well able to chip in from midfield.
    Shamrock Rovers although struggling to find the onion bag at home, have notched in all but 1 away game (0-0 away to Derry) so will be full of confidence heading into tonight's game and with Micky Drennan in fine form this year 7 goals in 9 games it promises to be game that has goals.
    The bet we are going for here, is a carbon copy of the bet of the opening round of the LOI season, and although a losing bet on that occasion due to howling winds and an unbelievable Craig Hyland save deep into the game we are sticking with it and are predicting that both teams can score this time out.
    St Pats v Shamrock Rovers BTTS 11/10 (Coral) / Evens (General) - SMALL

Saturday

Longford Town v Dundalk

Longford will be without the services of suspended Conor Powell which may mean a reshuffle in the back line. Longford with only 1 win in 5 (against a poor Drogheda side) will in our opinion find it very difficult to take anything from a game against the in form champions.
    Dundalk, have a clean bill of health and even though have they played Monday they never really exerted themselves in that game and even had -athe luxury of giving players a rest in an extremely impressive 8-1 win against Bray Wanderers.
    Dundalk won the reverse fixture 1-0 and we expect them to win this game again, and possibly by more than 1 goal.
    Dundalk -1 Asian Handicap @ 1.825 should at minimum be a refund. - LARGE

Best of the Rest
    (Prem)

Cork City v Sligo - this is one we talked about a lot, and in the end couldn't get a definitive agreement on. It was discussed that it should be a cork win and -0.75 was touted as a possible bet, however cork are missing a few and Sligo may click at some stage, also Cork failed to beat a side coached by Heary last year so we decided to let it slide.
    Bohs v Limerick - Bohs SHOULD win however no value what so ever so no bet
    Drogheda v Bray - News broke that Bray had a new manager so Bray DC was an option however, it never materialised. 4/5 meetings of the sides have resulted in Under 2.5, but this is a No Bet for me.

(FD)
    Athlone v UCD - maybe small sqeak on UCD at 2/1
    Shels v Cabinteely - I fancy shels, others fancy Cabo +1 - NO bet
    Wexford Youths v Cobh - Should be a Wexford win, however, Cobh beat Athlone last week and in Stephen Henderson, they have the best manager in the league, ill be having a fiver on Cobh at 9/1
    Finn Harps v Waterford Utd - Waterford missing 10 players due to exams/injuries and are in desperate form, however the performances dont match the results so wouldnt be overly confident tipping harps on handicap seen as they themselves have just scored 12 this year. Maybe Harps to win to nil, or Under 2.5

Drogs & Cork @2.8
    Pats BTTS @evens

Thanks lads

Was tempted to throw Derry in to make a treb. Derry pitch turned me off, talk that they are trying to pip Cabo to claim worst pitch in Contry :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Nabber wrote: »
    Drogs & Cork @2.8
    Pats BTTS @evens

Thanks lads

Was tempted to throw Derry in to make a treb. Derry pitch turned me off, talk that they are trying to pip Cabo to claim worst pitch in Contry :D

Think pats game is off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Nabber wrote: »
    Drogs & Cork @2.8
    Pats BTTS @evens

Thanks lads

Cork & Drogs winner. Entertaining having the updates fly in on the phone too

Pats game PP

Derry need strikers 4 all season at home is worrying and Galway concede plenty

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭salmon1

salmon1 wrote: »
    Going to go for a small accum on cork,bohs,drogs and harps works out 4.50/1

Very lucky,Bohs score 84th minute winner,cork score 88th winner and harps 87th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

seanhynes wrote: »
    Derry need strikers 4 all season at home is worrying and Galway concede plenty

Ya they were woeful in Terryland on the first night, we should have won handy that night.

Derry must be absolutely dire! But the main thing is Dundalk -1 Asian Large stake won!! BOOM!

Pats/Rovers tomorrow and the BTTS bet still stands.

Write up will be up tomorrow, I won't be about to post it. Dundalk -1.5 Asian will be one of the bets!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,547 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

question re the dundalk/derry match tonight.

dundalk @-1.5 is 1.75.
    dundalk @ -1 is 1.72.

the 1st one is an asian handicapp, second is a normal handicap. As the odds are so similar whats the difference?

question re the dundalk/derry match tonight.

dundalk @-1.5 is 1.75.
    dundalk @ -1 is 1.72.

the 1st one is an asian handicapp, second is a normal handicap. As the odds are so similar whats the difference?

They're the exact same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭spurshero

Can somebody post up Gavin s bet please . Not on facebook

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Can someone post a link or give me the name to Gavin's Facebook page? Only a short term follower & haven't seen it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

There is nothing on the facebook page either at the moment. The lads must be busy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Bets are not available yet.

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS***
    Apologies for the delay lads, we have all been pretty flat out this week. These are the bets that me Gavin, Alan and Graeme have chose between us this week
    Dundalk VS Derry
    Dundalk are playing brilliant football at the moment and their home record has been flawless. So far they've played 6 games at home, winning all 6 and only conceding 1 goal. They are already opening up a lead at the top of the table and this Derry team should not cause them too much trouble at home. The only injury worry for Dundalk is Brian Gartland who has been very solid defensively, but they have Paddy Barrett to fill in his position. This injury should not be too big a worry for Dundalk.
    Derry on the other hand are coming off a disappointing 2-0 loss at home to a poor Galway side. In that game Derry’s goalkeeper Ger Doherty went off injured and will be missing this game. Along with this their 2nd choice keeper also picked up a knock in the Galway game, he should play tonight but I can’t imagine him being at 100%. Two other players missing the game are Patrick McEleney and Stephen Dooley.
    Overall Derry’s current form has been quite poor with 1 win 2 draws and 2 loses in their last 5 game and we fully expect a very strong Dundalk site to beat Derry by more than 2 goals
    Unfortunately since earlier today the odds have shortened on the Dundalk handicap but we are still sticking to -1.5 Asian
    Dundalk -1.5 Asian @1.675 LARGE STAKE
    Waterford v Cabinteely.
    Blues rock bottom of the league however 9 pts from playoffs, after a very good performance to come back from 2 down away to league leaders Finn Harps and by all accounts very unlucky not to win the game themselves.
    Waterford have appointed LOI stalwart Roddy Collins to the helm and players are on a buzz all week and will be eager to impress the new manager against LOI new boys Cabo.
    Waterford should pick up there new win and we feel the bookies have looked at the table and priced the game as such.
    Waterford Straight win 4/5 - SMALL STAKE
    UCD vs Wexford
    Both UCD and Wexford have been on a good run of form. Both teams have been in great scoring form especially Wexford who have been scoring for fun. In 3 out of 5 of Wexfords last away games they have scored 4 goals. Their scoring form is mainly down to in-form striker Furlong who already has racked up 12 goals in 10 games this season. To keep it short and sweet this game seems like it will be a good open game and we feel that Over 2.5 should come in with both teams currently in good form
    Over 2.5 goals Evens - SMALL STAKE

The Facebook group is "Irish Football Betting" gents.

27 goals in the 5 other Irish games ,1 near the end of Dundalk ,words fail me :confused:

Dundalk failed me on -1.
    But sure that's the nature of the beast. On paper and form for both teams I would have said -2 HC would have been better prediction. That was my thought when i read Dundalk prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Derry must have man marked Towell .

• Advertisement

Advertisement