Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland betting.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Any thoughts on outright winner lads? Thinking of throwing Dundalk in an ante post accum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 keva23

Might be of interest;

thelastplayerstanding.com

Free last man standing for tomorrow night's fixtures.

Think I'll go with Derry myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Any thoughts on outright winner lads? Thinking of throwing Dundalk in an ante post accum.

Can't see anyone stopping Dundalk tbh, only team you can't find a flaw in at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Bohs v St Pats BTTS 21/20 looks good on that

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

keva23 wrote: »
    Might be of interest;

thelastplayerstanding.com

Free last man standing for tomorrow night's fixtures.

Think I'll go with Derry myself!

Cheers for that. Very tough set of fixtures. I'll go with pats myself. Bohs form has to drop at some stage.

• Advertisement

magherakid wrote: »

Fancy that myself, also Athlone -1.25 looks a great bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Cork far too short tomorrow unfortunately, Healy is 50/50, Sheppard out, John O'Flynn out.

Will be a narrow victory I'd say, probably 1 - 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭salmon1

Going to go for

Athlone -1
    Derry
    cork

works out at 5/1

***League of Ireland Bets***

I'm back to write up duty after two weekends of being away, Graeme​'s been looking after them in the Facebook group the past two and it's been an ok couple of weeks. This week we agreed on 3 bets! Will be a short write up, but plenty of discussion and opinions have been floated since Monday between the 4 of us.

Athlone -v- Cabinteely - 7.45pm
    Athlone have hit a rough patch and are looking to stem their 2 goal losing streak second from bottom Cabinteely. For the new comers Cabinteely they've managed to secure two home wins this season, but have failed to score away. Having been out to their pitch to see Shelbourne play Cabinteely it's safe to say the pitch is one of the worst I've seen at any level in Ireland, rumours also saying that Cabinteely asked Blackrock Rugby Club to train/play on Thursday nights so the pitch is cut up giving them an advantage.
    Cabinteely will be missing at least their captain Robert Maloney who was sent off last weekend. Athlone missing a few but they've been out for a few weeks at this stage.
    Having seen both sides play at this stage, Athlone are a much better class than Cabinteely, Cabinteely will struggle here so it's Athlone's for the taking.

Athlone -1.25 @ 1.75 (General) - LARGE

Bohs -v- St. Pats - 7.45pm
    Althought Bohs have been keeping clean sheets they should let up against Pats, while Bohs have been in great form and scoring for fun!

Both Teams To Score @ EVENS (General) - SMALL

Drogheda -v- Cork - 7.45pm - SMALL
    Cork don't win much on the road but their form as of late has been great, not too mention keeping clean sheets. Their last 6 games in a row has seen Cork not concede, while they've won 4 of these. Drogheda are the complete opposite, conceding for fun and not scoring many.

Cork City Win To Nil @ 7/5 (General) - SMALL

In the other games they look tough but will be keeping an eye on Sligo and Galway to see how they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭spurshero

Think the 23 to 10 has value between galway and Limerick . These two are gonna be in a season long battle to avoid the drop and I can't see anything other than a tight affair tomo night

• Advertisement

The 23 to 10 is the draw . I left that part out in the above

magherakid wrote: »

1-0 St Pats

just one shot on target for Bohs that came on the 93rd min

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Lads what is the group called on facebook

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Irish Football Betting

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Thinking its going to be a low scoring day, any comment on these?

Cork - Under 2.5 goals

Dundalk - BTS NO or Dundalk -1

St Pats - under 2.5 goals

Rovers BTS NO

Bohs - Under 2.5 goals

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Reckon Derry are miles too short tonight but maybe that’s just me. I just don’t feel like Limerick are as bad as the table suggests – normally the table doesn’t lie but I think we all knew that, for example, Bohs were in a false position after 4 games so the argument can probably be made that it still isn’t perfect.

TBH, of the 4 short favourites – Cork, Pat’s, Dundalk, and Rovers – I fancy them all to win well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Lovely weather for a game tonight and I can see city getting another 3 points. The way we play at home should allow us create enough chances for another 3-0 I think. I wouldn't go near unders for this match although the goals should really only be scored by the home side, yet to conceed at home.
    On the Dundalk game they are blowing a little hot and cold. Good v rovers but red saw them draw, a very late goal for their win in the derby while conceding late v limerick for a draw. Don't think they are at full pelt yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

My only slight worry is Longford are 100% coming to park the bus, but I think we've got enough to break them down handy.

Sligo v Bohs BTTS 11/10

All 4 home league games for Sligo seen both teams score hopefully more of the same tonight.

15psrie.jpg

n4bj49.jpg

• Advertisement

***League of Ireland Bets***
    Full premier division set of fixtures tonight, Looking to bounce back after a terrible Friday night. We've picked two bets tonight that we feel are decent and will help us bounce back.
    Dundalk VS Galway - 7.45 tonight.
    League champions Dundalk will be raging after Friday night, 2-0 up away at Shamrock Rovers and there goalkeeper was sent off and a peno given in what looks like a terrible decision by the ref.Rovers scored the peno and went on to equalise and claim a point.
    Gabriel Sava will come in for Gary Rogers after that red card, It's not something I'd worry about as Sava is easily good enough to start for most teams in the league.
    Dundalk have won all 5 competitive games at home this season without conceding a goal, they play on an astro pitch which makes it difficult for visiting side. They are unbeaten in 22 home league matches.
    Galway are a newly promoted side,Who are young and lack experience, who go to Dundalk with a few injury doubts, Mark Ludden and Dave O Leary will have late fitness tests while Long-term injury victims Kilian Cantwell (knee), Jason Molloy (broken toe) and Andy O'Connell (ankle) remain unavailable for selection. Sam Oji returns from suspension.
    We believe the difference in quality will show here and take Dundalk to cover the asian line.
    Dundalk - 1.75 @ 1.950 Medium (Bet365)
    Cork City VS Longford Town 7.45 Tonight.
    Cork Citys home record is unreal, 24 home games under Caulfield in all competitions in which we've had 13 clean sheets and only conceded 13 goals. We've lost just once in the league at home in that time, That was in August 2014. Played 3 league games at home this season winning all 3 scoring 10 goals and conceding 0. Quite simply put Cork City are on a different level at home.
    City come into this game on the back of a 2-1 win away at Drogs on Friday night,Unbeaten so far this season and only conceding 2 goals. Karl Sheppard will miss the visit of Longford through injury, while John O’Flynn and Captain John Dunleavy are rated 50/50 for the game.
    Longford travel to Cork in poor form, Looking for their first win in 4 games.They are a newly promoted side from the first division. They have won just 1 of their 4 away games so far this season. They dont make team news available for some reason but they don't have any suspensions to deal with.
    This will be a game where its up to Cork to break Longford down as Longford will be quiet happy to sit back.
    Cork City -1.25 MEDIUM @ 2.0 (Bet365)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭salmon1

Just gone for the obvious here

Dundalk
    cork
    Rovers
    st pats

Got 5/2 on it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭applehunter

We've lost just once in the league at home in that time, That was in August 2014.

Good man Gav, you know it makes sense.:pac:

One of the other lads in the group done the write up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Cork -1 dundalk -1 @3/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Nabber wrote: »
    Cork -1 dundalk -1 @3/1

That'll do pig

Thanks for the tips lads.

Dundalk 3-0 and Cork 2-0! Both winners! We're back!!!

9kONtzB.jpg

Unlucky . Theirs always one . Seems like pats should have the game wrapped up by the time drogs got their equaliser .

spurshero wrote: »
    Unlucky . Theirs always one . Seems like pats should have the game wrapped up by the time drogs got their equaliser .

A penalty at that too.

• Advertisement

Pats miss a pen ? And if so at what score . Good tipping last night by the way

Advertisement