Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland betting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭spurshero

Sorry Gavin took u up wrong . The drogs equaliser was a pen . I thought u were sayin pats missed a pen

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

***League of Ireland Bets***

We continue where we left off on Monday evening, with 2 winners out of 2, both mediums! I can't make the trip to Donegal for the Shels match but it maybe getting streamed live! For those in the Facebook group there could be inplay bets, or upped stakes.

Cork City -v- Dundalk - 7.35pm (Live on RTE2)
    2nd -v- 1st go head to head in Turners Cross in what should be a cracker. With Corks 100% home record on the line this poses to be a close encounter, not to mention Cork having only conceded 2 goals this season thus far after 9 games and Dundalk conceding just 3. Both sides have been free flowing when it comes to scoring goals this season, will it be a case of a 6 or 7 goal thriller or a low scoring game? We're siding with a low scoring game, a 1-0, 0-1 or possibly a 1-1! Not to mention, games live on TV are notoriously low scoring and have been for years!

On the injury front for Cork, Alan Bennett has recovered from a hamstring injury, but Caulfield is sweating over the availability of Karl Sheppard, John O’Flynn and John Dunleavy. The City boss says all three are doubts ahead of the game and are likely to undergo late fitness tests.

Dundalk welcome back goalkeeper Gary Rogers who missed out on Monday evening due to suspension. Brian Gartland was substituted on Monday because of a suspected hamstring strain but will be fit to play, while Stephen O’Donnell is continuing to push for a starting place following his return from knee surgery and successful introductions as a sub in recent games.

These returning players should bolster both teams defensive side of things!

Under 2 Goalline @ 2.10 - (Bet365/Pinnacle) - MEDIUM

Finn Harps -v- Shelbourne - 8pm
    I've been shouting about this bet since Monday afternoon to the lads! We (Shels) have been shocking to date this season, losing on Saturday to bottom placed Cobh was one of the worst results I've seen Shels play out in my 12 years of going to games, granted I only seen 40 mins of the match on Saturday we looked very poor, poor on front of goal and lacked much threat at all.

Finn Harps are sitting top by 5 points, while Shels season has yet to get going. Having picked up seven points in their opening three league games this season, Shels have failed to win any of their last four games and have picked up just one point from a possible twelve..

Harps' Wilfried Tagbo will sit out the match against Shels after his red card in Wexford last Saturday. Damien McNulty, who missed the trip to Ferrycarrig Park, remains a doubt while Ruairi Keating joins him on the doubtful list. Packie Mailey remains out.

Shels once again have injury problems: Dave Ryan (knee), Sean Heaney(foot), Alan Keogh (groin) remain out and they are joined by Mark Sandford (knee) and Jack Brady(foot). On the plus side Evan Osam returns from International duty and Ryan Robinson returns after serving a week’s suspension.

Not the tip but Finn Harps and 1 or 2 match goals at 7/2 with PP represents a good value bet!

Finn Harps win @ 29/20 (Boyles) - MEDIUM

Derry/Bohs - Could be a bet in Bohs DNB, Derry missing a shed load of players. Stephen Dooley, Shaun Kelly, Sean Patton, Aaron Barry, Seamus Sharkey, Dean Jarvis, Shane McEleney and Phillip Lowry at this point look to be unavailable for selection. The only positive note for the side is that club captain Ryan McBride will make a return after suspension.

Drogs/Longford - Overs.
    Pats/Sligo - No bet.
    Limerick/Rovers - No bet due to Limericks very poor pitch.
    Bray/Galway - No bet.
    Athlone/Waterford - No bet.
    UCD/Cobh - No bet.
    Wexford/Cabinteely - No bet, Cabinteely too unpredictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

We (Shels) have been shocking to date this season, losing on Saturday to bottom placed Cobh was one of the worst results I've seen Shels play out in my 12 years of going to games, granted I only seen 40 mins of the match on Saturday we looked very poor, poor on front of goal and lacked much threat at all.

Have seen Shels in Waterford and in Cobh in recent weeks and have to agree they were a lot poorer than expected.

Against Waterford it could have been three all at half time, certainly did not deserve to be two down at the break. Got it back in the second half but it was total route one stuff and they were a little lucky to not be caught on the break a few times also

Against Cobh they had chances, maybe three or four decent ones and you would have expected them to have scored at least one. The defending for the Cobh goal was truly awful, and in the second half Cobh missed one or two very good openings.

They look like a team that are getting very little direction from the manager. I do not see a game plan with them and they are very very quick to resort to a very direct style.

Looking at the squad on paper they should be challenging for a place in the top three though!

Have seen Shels in Waterford and in Cobh in recent weeks and have to agree they were a lot poorer than expected.

Against Waterford it could have been three all at half time, certainly did not deserve to be two down at the break. Got it back in the second half but it was total route one stuff and they were a little lucky to not be caught on the break a few times also

Against Cobh they had chances, maybe three or four decent ones and you would have expected them to have scored at least one. The defending for the Cobh goal was truly awful, and in the second half Cobh missed one or two very good openings.

They look like a team that are getting very little direction from the manager. I do not see a game plan with them and they are very very quick to resort to a very direct style.

Looking at the squad on paper they should be challenging for a place in the top three though!

I missed Waterford as I was flying away the following morning, and our bus to Cobh decided not to show up so we had to arrange one outside Tolka on Saturday at 3pm so only made the 50th min! But I've seen all our other matches to date (will be missing tomorrow).

On paper we should be challenging, this is Kev Dohertys first managerial job, it looks like he's out of his depth at the moment. If nothing else he's a Shels legend and fan so will be putting in a 110% but I can't see him hanging around too much longer if he thinks he won't be able to improve things. On paper we have a squad that can challenge, we've been hit with international callups and injuries which isn't helping but that happens every team.

Have done a small double of 2 draws in drogs And Derry matches . Pays over 9 to 1 .think they will both be close

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

23t5nx0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭salmon1

Gone for treble of

under 2.5 goals cork/dundalk
    Harps
    Athlone

Hopefully my look turns around from the last 2 weeks

Good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Gone for the tipped double:

Harps win
    under 2.5 (not taking goal line bet)

Got it at 5/2. Good luck everyone

Cork/Dundalk game been far too open, was never going to go Unders. Thought the tempo might have died down after the first 15 mins but no chance.

Shels game is being streamed here https://www.periscope.tv/w/VxvEXTE2OTgwMzh8Njg3NDQzMCnsklyj1x53GxvtZ83uackmN32I47jCzKIL8pUCXR8x

Ctrl + Alt + Left arrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Damn that early pen next half had to take 3.5 ,great match cork ran that 2nd half

• Advertisement

Under 2 Goalline @ 2.10 - (Bet365/Pinnacle) - MEDIUM

Not the tip but Finn Harps and 1 or 2 match goals at 7/2 with PP represents a good value bet!

Finn Harps win @ 29/20 (Boyles) - MEDIUM

Under 2 Goalline fails, along with the 3 goals there was 2 woodworks. Was a high tempo and attacking game, didn't think it would be.

Harps win and the value bet wins. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

Limerick 1-0 up to rovers, any bets?

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    Limerick 1-0 up to rovers, any bets?

Sorry was up in Belfast over the weekend, as said in the write up no bet due to their pitch. I won't back a game in Limerick till they move to Market Fields in June tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Anyone know why Cork City v Bohs and Dundalk v Bray is being played after the weekend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭sidcon

Anyone know why Cork City v Bohs and Dundalk v Bray is being played after the weekend ?

Both on Setanta

A nice 7/5 medium winner last week with Finn Harps (a 7/2 if people backed the value bet too), but a medium loss on Cork/Dundalk. We've agreed on 2 bets this weekend, one tonight and one on Monday. Fairly certain everyone can guess them!

Shamrock Rovers -v- Drogheda - 8pm
    3rd -v- 9th in Tallaght on Friday night. Rovers come into this game after a poor 1-1 result to Limerick, a match they should have won going by the highlights. While Drogheda are coming into this game off the back of a 3-0 loss to newly promoted side Longford.
    Drogheda have endured a poor run of results that has seen them pick up only 2 points from the last 24 available. Shamrock Rovers have yet to lose a game this season, with their home record being decent with 2 wins and 3 draws (against 4 tough sides), they managed to keep 4 clean sheets in those 5 games.

No Rovers team news as of yet, but they have no suspensions, they only had one injury last weekend so hopefully nothing new from then.

Drogheda are missing defender Neil Yadolahi has returned to training but remains a couple of weeks away from selection while Sean Thornton will serve a one match ban for his dismissal against Longford. Lloyd Buckley is an injury doubt and will be assessed before kick-off.

Shamrock Rovers -1.5 Asian @ 1.90 (GENERAL) - LARGE

Friday:
    Galway/Pats - Overs could be good
    Cabinteely/Harps - Harps too short, Cabinteelys pitch is woeful
    Waterford/Wexford - Should be a Wexford win
    Shels/UCD - Shels back to near full strength, can see a draw here

Saturday:
    Longford/Derry - Longford could be a nice price
    Sligo/Limerick - Sligo should get their season going here
    Cobh/Athlone - Cobh is a tough place to go

Enda Curran anytime for Galway 13/5he's on a bit of a roll lately 5 in 3 if pats are to concede which I think could happen the form their in ,I'd fancy Curran to be the scorer

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

What were St Pats anti post ? They're very under the radar . Do they play better football than Cork and Rovers ? Forrester is a class act . Happy I got them tonight at 8 / 13 .

1-0 after 19mins and no more,they are so wasteful ,Drogheda have been leaky lately too ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Cashed out before the Cabs 95th min goal :D

• Advertisement

Had rovers and pats both minus 1 in a 5 to 1 double . Rovers hit crossbar last minute as well 😔😔

F*ck off Rovers!

**** LEAGUE OF IRELAND BET****
    Bad night Friday night hoping to recoup some of the losses on this bet today. It was originally a large bet on -2 AH but given the line change and little value in the line we wanted we've changed stake.
    Dundalk VS Bray Today 3pm. LIVE ON SETANTA IRELAND.
    Dundalk quite simply are a better team, Their home record is top quality, They've won every home league game this season and have yet to concede a goal in Oriel.
    Bray are a very poor side, Evident by their 5-0 defeat at home to Galway last week, They have very little quality throughout the side and we can see Dundalk carving through them at will.
    Dundalk have no injury or suspensions to worry about with manager Stephen Kenny reporting a clean bill of health for the visit of the Seagulls.
    Captain Stephen O’Donnell and John Mountney have made impressive contributions over the past few weeks and could be pushing for a start while Jake Kelly has returned to the squad after recovering from a quad injury.
    After a miserable start to the season the Seagulls had shown signs of a revival with wins over Sligo and Limerick but they've lost their last two games, shipping eight goals without scoring.
    Graham Kelly is doubtful for the visitors with a foot injury.
    Dundalk -2.25 Medium Stake @1.9 GENERAL.

Also could people fill in this, takes 2 min to fill out. It's one of the lads that help run the Facebook group and that I pick bets with each week, the below is part of his college thesis.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=95335297#post95335297

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

MOD

Sorry Gav,

But
    Please post link to survey here

You then can link back here if you like, asking people to do that survey.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mr. Green

Also could people fill in this, takes 2 min to fill out. It's one of the lads that help run the Facebook group and that I pick bets with each week, the below is part of his college thesis.

<snip>

Answered all the survey questions

Done that there inforfun. Thanks Mr. Green, the chap needs 40 more so if everyone can do it, cheers.

So easy by Dundalk, can see this being a mauling. Dundalk don't concede here.

F**k sake Barker, silly peno to give away! 2-1. First goal Dundalk have conceded at home this season.

• Advertisement

DUNDALK 8-1 BRAY! EASY F**KING PEASY!

Advertisement