Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland betting.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

what do you think on bohs V Rovers over 1.5 goals ?

BF 1.38

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

I see there's 5 games on tomorrow, does anyone see a decent bet so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Limerick definitely the bet of the season so far. I also think Cork are a good price but Cork fans haven't been convinced by their team so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Forgot to post my LoI write ups here but they've been going fairly decent.

Derry City –v- Drogheda Utd 7.45pm

Derry just off the back of a 6-0 win against UCD on Friday, while Drogheda drew with newly promoted Limerick 2-2.

On the injury front Drogheda have a few back, while Derry aren’t missing anyone new. Only the start of the season but these two have played each other twice in the Setanta Cup, 1-1 draw in Derry then a 2-1 Drogheda in Drogheda (Derry were down to 10 men for most of the 2nd half).

Drogheda haven’t started anywhere near as strong as last season, and a difficult test to travel to Derry for a midweek match.

Derry win @ 6/5 (Bet365) – Medium Stake

Limerick –v- UCD 7.45pm

As I’ve said UCD lost 6-0 to Derry in Belfield, now they have a fairly long trip to Limerick on a Tuesday evening (bear in mind UCD have a lot of college students in their side). While Limerick are off the back of two decent results, 0-0 against Cork and 2-2 against Drogheda.

Limerick are missing a few players but I fully expect them to have too much for UCD.

Limerick win @ 17/20 (Bet365) – Large Stake
    Limerick -1 @ 5/2 (SkyBet) – Small Stake

St Patricks Athletic –v- Shelbourne 7.45pm

As I Shelbourne season ticket holder for the last 7 years this is definitely a head over heart bet!

Pats will be looking to get their title challenge back on the road after suffering a 2-0 defeat on Friday to Shamrock Rovers, while Shels threw a 1-0 lead away and lost 3-1. Thing that sticks out about Shels this season is the shocking indiscipline, a red card in each one of the League matches so far, along with a few during pre-season and even one player was suspended internally due to his 2 red cards in pre-season.

On the injury front Shels are missing 4 first teamers Hanley (gk) Crowley (mid), Cronin (mid) and Gartland (def) all out which means that Shels only have 9 non-amateur players for the squad tomorrow. Pats have on injury in Dave Ryan, not going to affect them at all.

St Pats win @ 8/15 (General) – Large Stake
    St Pats -1 @ 13/8 (Paddy Power) – Small Stake

MUGGY TREBLE ALERT:
    Derry, Limerick and Pats all to win 5.1/1 (Bet365)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

Never knew this thread existed until today, very good work, don't mind if I do get involved.

Over 2.5 goals in the Limerick and Bray games looks good value for tonight, both around 2.3 on betfair. Small stakes.

UCD look very shaky at the back and so did Limerick against Drogs. Their big centre half will be suspended too.

Cork will come for the win and Bray have goals in them with Waters and Byrne.

I also agree with the general consensus that Limerick look a great price against UCD and will be investing in this.

I personally wouldn't touch Pats at that price they haven't impressed me in either game and don't look like they have much goals in them (queue standard goalfest tonight now).

Also going with both teams to score @ *edit 1.81 now in Drogs vs Derry game, this bet usually comes in in this fixture, Drogs are missing defenders and will be going all out to get a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

€10 on Limerick -1 @ 21/10.

€5 on cork, limerick to win and derry to draw.

Have an accum with a mix of over goals and btts but I can't remember who was in that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,351 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Put 15 on Limerick at 5/6 on Paddys day. I'll be betting more on LOI as the weeks progress, certainly a lot of people out there with great info.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭BaneV26

Bray vs. Cork is OFF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

I had this accy, not knowing Bray game was off...

Bray v Cork - Under 2.5
    Derry v Drogs - Over
    Dundalk v Sligo - Over
    Limerick v UCD - Over
    Pats v Shels - Under

10 paid back 213 but with the Bray game off now I'm getting back 132 if it comes in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Tracy was Limerick's Top Goalscorer last season - albeit in a lower league. Based on the above details, UCD should let a few in tonight. Tracy has also played the full 90 minutes of the last two matches this season, so he should have some solid time on the pitch tonight

Putting a bit on Tracy Wincast @ 4.20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CD-R 80

Over 2.5 looks a goer in the Dundalk v Sligo game tonight. Two attacking teams playing on a zippy artificial pitch. I can only see goals. Also the last 4 fixtures between these teams have been over 2.5

5/6 seems to be the best price

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Elding has netted first goal in both league games since starting for Sligo. First two goals last league game in fact.

Didn't score in Setanta game though.

Going on him for €5 @ 4/1 for first.

Taking Ciaran Dijalli for Sligo for first also @ 15/2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Just the overs double on the Limerick and Sligo games for me, pays around 3 and a half to 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

miNTrUE.png

Drogmal wrote: »
    Never knew this thread existed until today, very good work, don't mind if I do get involved.

Over 2.5 goals in the Limerick and Bray games looks good value for tonight, both around 2.3 on betfair. Small stakes.

UCD look very shaky at the back and so did Limerick against Drogs. Their big centre half will be suspended too.

Cork will come for the win and Bray have goals in them with Waters and Byrne.

I also agree with the general consensus that Limerick look a great price against UCD and will be investing in this.

I personally wouldn't touch Pats at that price they haven't impressed me in either game and don't look like they have much goals in them (queue standard goalfest tonight now).

Also going with both teams to score @ *edit 1.81 now in Drogs vs Derry game, this bet usually comes in in this fixture, Drogs are missing defenders and will be going all out to get a result.

Good start, 3 out of 3 but you can be guaranteed it will all go downhill from here.

Just the overs double on the Limerick and Sligo games for me, pays around 3 and a half to 1.
    Get in, 4/4 on LOI for me this season now.

Derry win @ 6/5 (Bet365) – Medium Stake

Limerick win @ 17/20 (Bet365) – Large Stake
    Limerick -1 @ 5/2 (SkyBet) – Small Stake

St Pats win @ 8/15 (General) – Large Stake
    St Pats -1 @ 13/8 (Paddy Power) – Small Stake

MUGGY TREBLE ALERT:
    Derry, Limerick and Pats all to win 5.1/1 (Bet365)

Derry by all accounts should have smashed this apart from Sava pulling off some serious saves.

Limerick, well BOOOOOMMMM!

Pats/Shels was off.

Muggy treble was muggy...
    tinodz wrote: »
    miNTrUE.png

Delighted I'm fairly close to Richmond, but majority of the Shels lads I know were en route or near Richmond by the time this farcical decision happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Limerick to win and Derry to draw double lands, as does limerick -1. Great night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Early prices for the weekend:
    Rovers 1.7
    Cork and Salthill maybe as well

Bateman wrote: »
    Early prices for the weekend:
    Rovers 1.7
    Cork and Salthill maybe as well

Where are you getting that Rovers price, only 1.48 on bf?

I would take that Rovers price before it disappears. Dundalk are a good early price at 2.18 too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Rovers were 1.7 with Ladbrokes as of yesterday

1.62 seems to be best price now

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/684802

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Bateman wrote: »
    Rovers were 1.7 with Ladbrokes as of yesterday

1.62 seems to be best price now

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/684802

Actually fancy Shelbourne to get something from the game this weekend. Rovers struggling a little for goals.

Actually fancy Shelbourne to get something from the game this weekend. Rovers struggling a little for goals.

You must be on crack!

Be surprised if any matches this weekend survive the weather tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

You must be on crack!

If Dundalk were at home it would definately go ahead :P

That being said I think Dundalk are a decent price and could be worth a bet against a poor UCD team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

You must be on crack!

Dublin derbies are always tight, I think with the weather it could be a 0-0 classic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

I like the look of a Wexford Youths/Waterford double (both against Galway oppo.) Am I mad? PP paying a bit over 5/2 on that.

***League of Ireland Bets***

The rain will have affected the pitches badly over here all week, so UNDERS could be game ball in most of the matches if they go ahead.

UCD –v- Dundalk 7.45pm

UCD have started the season as whipping boys and it will most likely continue when Dundalk visit Belfield.

UCD missing 5 of players from their already small squad, while Dundalk just have one absentee from their squad.

Due to the weather and the pitch possibly being in bad nick I’m playing it simple with a Dundalk win.

Dundalk win @ 5/4 (Sporting Bet) LARGE STAKE

Finn Harps –v- Longford 7.45pm

2/1 available on Pinnacle for Finn Harps win is HUGE imo!

Harps have arguably had a harder start to the season than Longford, and Ballybofey is usually a fortress for Harps.

Only one notable injury between the sides and that’s centre half Thomas McBride for Harps, shouldn’t make too much of an impact.

Putting my nose out there and going with Harps win.

Finn Harps win @ 2/1 (Pinnacle) MEDIUM STAKE

Athlone –v- Cobh Ramblers 7.45pm

Athlone are missing two players in that of Coombes (their top goalscorer with 2 goals) and Clancy (experienced midfielder), while Cobh have no injury worries thanks to the returning of 17 year old Kynan Rocks who was in Scotland with the Irish Schools Squad.

Cobh have had 2 big results, first home game they started on fire but a long trip to Donegal last week stopped them (an amateur squad working then travelling 5 hours up to the match the same day was always going to go against them). While Athlone and their small squad have yet to state their title ambitions.

Not much to write on this tbh. I can see this being a scored draw with possibly Cobh snatching it.

BTTS Yes @ 10/11 (Coral) MEDIUM STAKE
    Cobh DNB @ 2/1 (Coral) SMALL STAKE

Going for 5/5 tonight with Waterford, Dundalk and Over 2.5 Harps/Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

€20 Treble

Limerick +1 7/5
    Waterford 4/7
    Dundalk 11/10

20 returns 158.40

• Advertisement

Not sure why unders is odds on for this game. Just because its the LOI? 5 of the 6 games involving UCD and Dundalk this season have been over 2.5 goals with 4 of them being over 3.5. So I am going for over 2.5 goals @ 2.12 and over 3.5 @ 3.95.

Have money on the 2nd biggest club in Louth to win @ 2.18 from earlier in the week for the reasons Shels has mentioned above.

I think Sligo should edge past Limerick but no real value on the bet so going with BTTS @ 2.1. Sligo conceded a lot of chances against Dundalk and Limerick have 5 in their last 2 games so should be confident on front of goal.

Good luck all.

Advertisement