Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

O2 just put this phone on their approved handset list so shouldnt be too much longer.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

lord lucan wrote: »
    Off topic: What Sense 4 ROM are you running?

InsertCoin Sense 4 BETA 12

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1546731

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys a friend of mine who works for 02 said the One X Should be out in the second week of April. He also said that less emphasis is begin put on iphones these days as they will just sell anyway, so the new HTC phones should be slightly better subsidised - which is nice.

Edit: Uk pricing goes live:
    http://www.intomobile.com/2012/03/28/uk-htc-one-x-one-s-available-preorder-vodafone/
    http://rootzwiki.com/_/articles/general/htc-one-series-uk-pricing-revealed-r583

Trying to take the battery out of my Sensation here and it's a pain in the ass - I really hope with the One X it's easier to take apart. My old Desire you just ripped the cover off - its the same with the Galaxy SII - no idea why they made it so tricky with the Sensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Trigg171

Zascar wrote: »

I do believe that is with the Snapdragon S4 dual core processor which will be available in the states with LTE. As far as I know thats not the Tegra 3 one that we'll get here.

Really looking for to this phone though. I'm due an upgrade in May and this is likely the phone I'll go for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Zascar wrote: »
    Guys a friend of mine who works for 02 said the One X Should be out in the second week of April. He also said that less emphasis is begin put on iphones these days as they will just sell anyway, so the new HTC phones should be slightly better subsidised - which is nice.

Edit: Uk pricing goes live:
    http://www.intomobile.com/2012/03/28/uk-htc-one-x-one-s-available-preorder-vodafone/
    http://rootzwiki.com/_/articles/general/htc-one-series-uk-pricing-revealed-r583

Trying to take the battery out of my Sensation here and it's a pain in the ass - I really hope with the One X it's easier to take apart. My old Desire you just ripped the cover off - its the same with the Galaxy SII - no idea why they made it so tricky with the Sensation.
    Popping the battery out of the Sensation is a doddle :confused:

Also - the One X does not have a removable battery...

I just find it tricky opening the case, you need to push the button down with your nail and then get another nail in to prize it apart. A lot more fiddley than it should be.

No removable battery on the One X??? Grrrrrr. The battery better be bloody brilliant or I'll be pissed. I just bought a spare battery for the sensation and a plug in wall charger dock for the spare battery. Handy to be able to swap it when needed. Not being able to do this with the One X is a pain, as once every while I find myself stuck when I'm low on battery and have to head out for the night etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭ofcork

Will be interesting to see the pricing here alright,i will be moving to o2 so hoping i will get a good deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

ofcork wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see the pricing here alright,i will be moving to o2 so hoping i will get a good deal!

No such thing with o2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭ofcork

Will have to wait and see,o2 and tesco are the only networks with full coverage at work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

No such thing with o2.
    Have to agree, checked out their pricing a while back and was shocked by how bad they were!

Anybody know when this is coming to Meteor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ziggie

Three have it from 9 th April. So I presume all networks will have it around same time. Due upgrade in May myself, like the One S but afraid to commit to another long contract and something better comes along straight away!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Any idea if the HTC One S will be coming to eMobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

ziggie wrote: »
    Three have it from 9 th April. So I presume all networks will have it around same time. Due upgrade in May myself, like the One S but afraid to commit to another long contract and something better comes along straight away!

Can't imagine a new phone being launched on Easter Monday.

ziggie wrote: »
    Due upgrade in May myself, like the One S but afraid to commit to another long contract and something better comes along straight away!

I'm kinda the same, but you can get shorter contracts now. 02 confirmed to me yesterday that you can do a 12 month contract it just costs you a little more. Also, my mate in 02 said they are working on something now where under certain very specific circumstances you might be able to get a 6 month contract. That would be sweet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

Jarren wrote: »

And it states that the item is "typically delivered within 2 to 4 weeks" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

I wonder about our national operators pricing,any news on that yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

According to engadget, HTC One to be released on Monday in Central Europe.

I called to Carphone Warehouse in Thurles earlier, the guy behind the counter did not know when they are due to be launched here yet. He had no pricing etc on his system for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Wonder if there will be any in-depth reviews soon.

I've read that the processor in the S will actually be faster than the one in the X, and heard mixed things about the different screen types.

Then there's the difference in storage capacity / battery size!

The screen on the S suits me better, but the above are fairly important as well

Saadyst wrote: »
    Wonder if there will be any in-depth reviews soon.

I've read that the processor in the S will actually be faster than the one in the X, and heard mixed things about the different screen types.

Then there's the difference in storage capacity / battery size!

The screen on the S suits me better, but the above are fairly important as well

You need a faster GPU and CPU to drive extra pixels on a 720p screen. So hence why the S might be equal in terms of performance id benchmarked or even faster.

In real life their probably about the same.

Tetra 3 should cope well with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

Saw the same on some website, S benchmarks higher as screen resolution is less. But only having max 16gb is an issue, then don't know if I could cope with a phone the size of X, decisions decisions ...

Still waiting to see what the SIII will come up with but I wanna get rid of this Hero sooner rather than later!

flugel wrote: »
    Saw the same on some website, S benchmarks higher as screen resolution is less. But only having max 16gb is an issue, then don't know if I could cope with a phone the size of X, decisions decisions ...

Still waiting to see what the SIII will come up with but I wanna get rid of this Hero sooner rather than later!

I wouldn think 16GB is plenty unless you want your WHOLE music library in there :) 8GB is way too much of a small amount for me if its not expandable.

Plus you get 50GB of online storage (25GB SkyDrive + 25GB Dropbox) on them as well so any pics or certain music files can always be stored online for quick access.

All my photos are on my SkyDrive so easy to say i save about 1.5GB in videos and pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

Yeah storing music would be my concern, don't know what network / plan I will be going for so not sure how viable music streaming will be for me.

Uploading photo's to cloud storage I'd have less of an issue with.

Think I'll wait to see the phones in person, if I feel the X ain't overly big might go with it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

Bought one of these today, still waiting on my number to move to the microsim. Haven't done much with it yet but not hugely overwhelmed by it. Coming from an SGS2 so I guess it's hard for it to be much a huge upgrade really. The screen is pretty impressive though and overall the phone feels quite big. Have the white phone and it is a cool looking phone, pretty sleek in your hand. The beats audio sounds pretty good through the normal earphones that come with it, quite a bit more base added. Will try them out with my Bose QC3 on way to work later and see what its like. I wouldn't be shocked if I sell it later though when the SGS3 is announced!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Where did you get it digiman?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

I'm in Sydney, probably should update my profile!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

personally, i wouldn't go through the long contract thing again, it's too expensive.

it did my sums and it would be hundreds of euros cheaper to buy it sim free and just get a cheap sim only contract.

i got a DesireHD for myself and a Desire for my wife about 14 months ago for €200 for the pair, plus two €50 per month 18 month contracts with meteor, having gone from an average monthly bill with o2 previously of €150, so we were saving from the outset wich made it look like a great deal at the time.

the thing is, i don't use 400 texts, 400 minutes & 2gb of data per month and neither does my wife (usually less than half that for us both).

that would put us squarely in the €15 per month sim only deal (200 texts, 200 mins, 1gb data) meteor are doing that was posted in bargain alerts.

the results are, that (assuming the oneX and oneS are similarly priced to the desireHD and desire when they were new), if i got the same deal with meteor, which took about 2 hours of haggling at the time, i'm going to be about €350 quid worse off paying for the phones over an 18 month contract, than if i'd just bought them sim free at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Here's the One X review from Slashgear, for anyone interested :)

Link

Advertisement