Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks for those links. Looks good and I think I'm going to go for it. New small downsides that are disappointing but you'll never get a perfect phone really. I just wonder about the Samsung Galaxy SIII - last year I jumped in and bought the Sensation straight away and the SII came out shortly afterwards, I wished I had of waited...

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ChrisMcCauley

Ordered mine from expansys.ie. Fingers crossed!

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭ofcork

Subscribed to o2 pre reg yesterday so hopefully they will have it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

When I bought the sensation last year, the cheapest option on early release was payg with Vodafone,came unlocked too, hoping for the same again this year ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

"With just hours to go until the HTC One is released in Ireland we are delighted to announce that the HTC One X has been awarded the 5 star award by Mobile Choice, the first 5 star award they have given since last April!"

From Htc's Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

manu2009 wrote: »
    "With just hours to go until the HTC One is released in Ireland we are delighted to announce that the HTC One X has been awarded the 5 star award by Mobile Choice, the first 5 star award they have given since last April!"

From Htc's Facebook page

Never heard of them. Phone does look great, even Sense doesn't seem terrible.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

Anyone getting One going for the S or everyone going for X?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Hoping to get the One S, if eMobile stock it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

X for me, unless it's in the iphone 4s price range.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Hmm varying reports on battery life from 6 hrs to 2 days.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

flugel wrote: »
    Anyone getting One going for the S or everyone going for X?
    S for me. And the ceramic version. I kinda hope that the black is available in ceramic.
    Has anyone pre ordered sim free anywhere? Expansys seems to be "cheapest" from my brief search @ €514

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ziggie

S for me too... X just too big! The s is a big enough stretch in size from my Desire....

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

One X and S have been released at Vodafone Irl today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

One X and S have been released at Vodafone Irl today :D

Released in store? It's not on their website yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

Got an email from VF - released as business phone at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Vodafone have just said on their boards forum that they hope to have it online today, if not it will be Wednesday or Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

Was in carphone warehouse, o2 & vodafone today. None have them for sale, vodafone & cpw are saying they will be on sale friday

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Lighter

So just after popping into a saturn shop in vienna and they had both the One X and S on display.
    I own a desire and had a droid razr for two weeks but lost it :( I loved the razr and having gone back to my slow and sluggish desire I am itching to get a new phone.
    The One X wasn't all that nice to hold, tbh it just didn't appeal to me. It also seemed a bit clumsy swiping through the home screens. Image quality was excellent though and the screen was beautiful. They didn't have the One S plugged in but it was certainly more comfortable in the hand.

After seeing both if I was to choose one I'd go for the S but tbh HTC just don't appeal to me as much anymore. I think I will be waiting for samsungs and motorolas next models.

So in summary, I miss my droid.

• Advertisement

Lighter wrote: »
    After seeing both if I was to choose one I'd go for the S but tbh HTC just don't appeal to me as much anymore. I think I will be waiting for samsungs and motorolas next models.

So in summary, I miss my droid.

So what else is on the way out which is worth waiting for, and when? I might wait too as I'm in no rush but do not want to regret rushing into a purchase.

Are Droid's only in the US etc? I have not seem them here. However I was reading about the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx which aparently has a monster battery you get many many days out of. That would be appealing to me.

From the tests it does not look like the camera on the One X is all that great, ges its very good but probably not as good as the iPhone 4S. Battery life is questionable as well. I'm still waiting for that near perfect phone with really good battery and a great camera. Not sure if this is it really. But is it worth waiting a few months I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Lighter

The droid was amazing, had an awful camera though. Actually I think I just had a soft spot for it. It had a lot of flaws tbf. I don't think the maxxx is coming to Europe.

I could pick up the arc s here for 300 sim free but its not top of the line and I would only be disappointed.
    Samsung should be announcing the SGS3 soon and until that moment I wont make a decision. On the other hand though I might get a htc and root it.

Bloody technology moves quicker than I can afford

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

beanian wrote: »
    Was in carphone warehouse, o2 & vodafone today. None have them for sale, vodafone & cpw are saying they will be on sale friday

Any prices from them?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

boc121 wrote: »
    Any prices from them?
    Cheers.

nothing for bill pay anyway, pay as you go I think was 539

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

Wish Samsung would pull the finger out and at least tell us what's coming, then again they getting a lot of hype for a phone so they prob happy with outcome.

Just don't know how much longer I can stand using the hero!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭DRose1

Very tempted by the One S, but there are two fairly major issues holding me back...

1/ The lack of expandable memory is a complete joke. I think they include 25gb of free dropbox storage, but I am not sure that would be too practical... i.e You need a good data connection or wifi to access the files and I could see it being cumbersome even when I have a good connection - e.g Accessing a music playlist and navigating around it...

2/ The battery is non-user replaceable. The battery life is already questionable, so when it inevitably degrades over the next 6 months or so, you would no option of replacing it...

I love my Samsung Galaxy S form factor and have bought and sold the S2 a few months back because I found it too big to use with one hand (also didn't like the back cover and the curves of the phone). The One S seems to have a good form factor (id want to hold it first before buying it to confirm), but the issues above are really holding me back...

Note: Not too bothered about waiting for the Galaxy S3 announcement as I am nearly sure it will have a 4.6 inch+ screen on it, so it wouldn't appeal to me regardless of the spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭ofcork

beanian wrote: »

I checked them all in cork and no one has it and cannot be sure when.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

had myself persuaded its time to update my desire to the one X but i suspect its going to be too big in hand so might just settle for the one s instead. better for my pocket and surely the s is still a huge jump in performance from my desire?

Yeah it will be ten times better than the Desire. I'm looking forward to the bigger screen. It's quite thin so will still fit in your pocket easy. I have the sensation and find it a bit 'chunky' - although even at that sometimes I wish for a bigger screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

Its on the website now.... black only :rolleyes:

Advertisement