Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    I'm disappointed with the size of the battery in the m9. I'd love the phone but I promised myself I wouldn't buy another phone unless it's has atleast a 3500 m battery.

There's alot more to battery life than mah's. The Z3 is probably the best flagship right now in terms of battery life and has a smaller battery than the Z2. Likewise the S5 has a bigger battery than the m8 and by all accounts the m8 has better battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

beno619 wrote: »
    There's alot more to battery life than mah's. The Z3 is probably the best flagship right now in terms of battery life and has a smaller battery than the Z2. Likewise the S5 has a bigger battery than the m8 and by all accounts the m8 has better battery life.

Still though in my experience the bigger the battery the better.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

The back lens sticks out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Really enjoying the lollipop update on my m7. It's like a new phone :) seems a bit faster . Will have to see how it affects the battery life over the day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

CptMackey wrote: »
    Really enjoying the lollipop update on my m7. It's like a new phone :) seems a bit faster . Will have to see how it affects the battery life over the day

Agreed, I might even postpone upgrading until the m10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

CptMackey wrote: »

Same here..really like the lollipop update.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I don't really notice much difference bar the notifications... What am I missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Upgraded to lollipop on M7 but now lost calendar notifications from lock screen. Seems like backward step or am I missing something ?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

Hey guys,

just wondering how you went about getting the lollipop update? Im on three and havent seen an update come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

deco72 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

just wondering how you went about getting the lollipop update? Im on three and havent seen an update come in.
    If you go to settings --> about --> software updates it should pop up. It rolled out for Meteor and 02 so 3 should have it also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

deco72 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I got an OTA notification. I'm with Vodafone and running stock

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Zascar wrote: »
    I don't really notice much difference bar the notifications... What am I missing?

Zascar, are you with three? I am and haven't got the update yet. I've been checking every few hours :P

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

Hey guys, where would you find the best value on a htc one mini at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Tony wrote: »
    Upgraded to lollipop on M7 but now lost calendar notifications from lock screen. Seems like backward step or am I missing something ?

By product of lollipop, don't use it myself personally but have heard a few people mention it. Hopefully its fixed in sense 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

It does however give you notification just before the event, previously the next event was displayed for that day .

beno619 wrote: »
    By product of lollipop, don't use it myself personally but have heard a few people mention it. Hopefully its fixed in sense 7.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Umm..Hi...
    My name is phill106 and I have gotten my first m8, moved from iphone :)
    Thread is ginormous, is there a recommended case?
    otterbox looks ok, leaning towards this urban armour one though

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Zascar, are you with three? I am and haven't got the update yet. I've been checking every few hours :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

phill106 wrote: »
    Umm..Hi...
    My name is phill106 and I have gotten my first m8, moved from iphone :)
    Thread is ginormous, is there a recommended case?
    otterbox looks ok, leaning towards this urban armour one though

I used a double dip case for my M7

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Genuine-Official-HTC-One-M8-2014-Cases-Covers-Screen-Protectors-Accessories-/331162895372?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item4d1ad8c40c

Worked great, bought one for my M8 but not using it at moment as the tempered glass screen protector i got for it means it doesn't quite fit so using the case that came with it, but recommend it as my M7 is as good as new, and i've had it 18months or so

scudzilla wrote: »
    I used a double dip case for my M7

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Genuine-Official-HTC-One-M8-2014-Cases-Covers-Screen-Protectors-Accessories-/331162895372?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item4d1ad8c40c

Worked great, bought one for my M8 but not using it at moment as the tempered glass screen protector i got for it means it doesn't quite fit so using the case that came with it, but recommend it as my M7 is as good as new, and i've had it 18months or so

+1 on the double dip case. I use it for my M8. It's the one case that actually looks good on the phone. Argos had them on offer a while back but I got mine on Amazon with some other stuff which meant no delivery charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Thanks, argos has them on sale atm, out of stock everywhere so will keep an eye out ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

+1 on the double dip case. I use it for my M8. It's the one case that actually looks good on the phone. Argos had them on offer a while back but I got mine on Amazon with some other stuff which meant no delivery charge.

Another +1 for the double dip case, I did find however that the M8 version didnt have the same fit a the M7 version. I bought the Otterbox Symmetry case for my M8 and its an excellent fit (not too bulky either), and it fits over the tempered glass screen protector.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Reverted back to stock using the link to XDA someone posted earlier in the thread. Still nothing and "System Update" option didn't come back. Currently running 6.09.401.12. Going to try some other 401 RUUs this afternoon.

EDIT: One of the guides I found on XDA had re-locking my bootloader as a step. Ended up not working, was gonna just a flash stock OTA from htc1guru but needed to unlock my bootloader again. Did it and system update button came back and lollipop was waiting for me. Updating now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

DGRulz wrote: »
    Reverted back to stock using the link to XDA someone posted earlier in the thread. Still nothing and "System Update" option didn't come back. Currently running 6.09.401.12. Going to try some other 401 RUUs this afternoon.

EDIT: One of the guides I found on XDA had re-locking my bootloader as a step. Ended up not working, was gonna just a flash stock OTA from htc1guru but needed to unlock my bootloader again. Did it and system update button came back and lollipop was waiting for me. Updating now.

If you were already unlocked you could have just flashed one of the lollipop roms from xda.
    Would have got you the lollipop rom without all the hassle.

Livestream the M9 launch event at 3pm here: http://www.htc.com/us/go/launch/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Livestream the M9 launch event at 3pm here: http://www.htc.com/us/go/launch/

It's on YouTube too.
    Leaks were correct!

20MP rear camera. Single aluminium body brushed on the back and polished on the sides.
    Still has the black HTC bar.
    New dotview case

Available in mid March. Launches with 4 colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Keith186 wrote: »
    It's on YouTube too.
    Leaks were correct!

20MP rear camera. Single aluminium body brushed on the back and polished on the sides.
    Still has the black HTC bar.
    New dotview case

Available in mid March. Launches with 4 colours.

Its awful similar to the last two phones. Bit disappointing

I'd argue that the M8 was a fantastic phone and they simple made a few changes to make it better. Trying to reengineer completely risks making a crap phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

I'd argue that the M8 was a fantastic phone and they simple made a few changes to make it better. Trying to reengineer completely risks making a crap phone

I won't disagree it was a fantastic phone however they risk being accused of the Galaxy lines 'saminess' that had had an impact on sales, re all the unsold units of S5

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I've had the HTC One M7 for the last two years. Was hoping for something more in the design stakes but still think I'll be upgrading to the M9. Wonder if it'll link in to the HTC Vive VR headset they've just announced with Valve.

• Advertisement

I'm definitely upgrading, I just want to know when I can get my hands on it. They said it will be available in Europe Mid March - but who knows when the Irish networks will have it...

Advertisement