Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Wonder if anyone will be selling off the m8 for around 400ish?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ciantheod

F34 wrote: »
    €399 for 12 months @ €40.66 I don't think is that bad. Looking at expansys the phone is €840 so not really that bad

Any ideas how much it will be for 24 months ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

ciantheod wrote: »
    Any ideas how much it will be for 24 months ?

€269 on the 40.66 plan

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ciantheod

F34 wrote: »
    €269 on the 40.66 plan

Cheers , that's a ridiculous price , considering Carphone warehouse only offering 80 euros for an\my S4 trade in , gone are the days of a "free phone " once you sign a 2 year contract i guess , unreal :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Cheers , that's a ridiculous price , considering Carphone warehouse only offering 80 euros for an\my S4 trade in , gone are the days of a "free phone " once you sign a 2 year contract i guess , unreal :(.

Unless you're willing to wait 6 months when the price should drop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

gone are the days of a "free phone " once you sign a 2 year contract i guess , unreal :(.

Probably because we have pretty high mobile market saturation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Anybody hear about HTCs free 12 month replacement of the m9 or m8 if you break it? I hope they bring it to Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Up for pre-order with Three. 639.99 on prepay. I got the M8 last year as it was a significant improvement but looks like will be staying away this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Hi everyone just wondering could anyone help me out here,

Yesterday i got a software notification to update and it was the Lollipop update for my HTC One M7 Billpay on Emobile, i had about 25% battery left when i plugged it in to download the file and install it,it downloaded fine but hung on the installation screen and then rebooted into a boot loop ending on a screen with a HTC One pictured with a red exclamation mark inside it,

i had a quick Google and i can get into the bootloader where i have the options for Recovery, Factory Reset etc but everytime i pressed the Factory reset option it would just reboot into the HTC start up splash screen and then into the screen again with the phone pictured with the red exclamation mark

What will i do now, can it be fixed by myself or will i send it in for repairs as its still under warranty until October 2015

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Da.kid

I've a question about the camera on the HTC one m7. I know off the purple tint problem but I'm having a problem with the back camera highlighting my flaws. Any redness or acne is the really exagaratted by the camera. Now I thought it was just my crap skin but I noticed the same happens when I take pictures of my friends. (Who I believe have great skin). Any one else have this problem?

• Advertisement

I have an M7 which boot to the O2 splash screen and then the beats audio logo screen. It stays on that screen for ever. I can boot it to the screen that lets you do a factory reset but it still boots to the same screen afterwards.
    Any suggestions what I can do before I send it to SBE? This only happened after the lollipop update from O2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Lads, rooted the phone last night. Stuck on ViperROM but for some reason its not doing it for me. Maybe I havent used all the features yet. Anyway, any good recommendations for an M7?

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Lads, rooted the phone last night. Stuck on ViperROM but for some reason its not doing it for me. Maybe I havent used all the features yet. Anyway, any good recommendations for an M7?

If Viper doesn't do it for you, then I doubt anything will...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Updates on the app store for the lock screen and the HTC sense home today. Adding themes and suggested apps to the home screen. It not overly deep as it keeps reminding you that you need Sense 7 for the full effect. Still, nice to have some sort of new customization.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

V9 wrote: »
    Updates on the app store for the lock screen and the HTC sense home today. Adding themes and suggested apps to the home screen. It not overly deep as it keeps reminding you that you need Sense 7 for the full effect. Still, nice to have some sort of new customization.

One review of the lock screen app said you can't control music now without unlocking. Is it like that on yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Keith186 wrote:
    One review of the lock screen app said you can't control music now without unlocking. Is it like that on yours?

Just tried it there and it seems that when I play music from the widget, there is no lock screen controls but when I have the app fully open, the lock controls are there.

Cool, that won't bother me as I mostly open the app. Thanks

Didn't really like the look of the new lock screen so went back to the old one.
    The KitKat lock screen was the best IMO due to the swipe left or right functions which are now gone on lollipop.

Didn't really like the look of the new lock screen so went back to the old one.
    The KitKat lock screen was the best IMO due to the swipe left or right functions which are now gone on lollipop.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 252 ✭✭viclemronny

I wasn't really grabbed by the M9. It seems like a nice upgrade but is a lot of money for the difference it'll make to my use.

Would I be mad to get the (broken) screen and battery replaced on an M7? Am I right in concluding that that would effectively make the M7 like new? Assuming I have a nice fresh install and updates etc. obviously?

EDIT: Has anyone here used GSM Solutions on Abbey St? How would you rate them if you have?

• Advertisement

I wasn't really grabbed by the M9. It seems like a nice upgrade but is a lot of money for the difference it'll make to my use.

Would I be mad to get the (broken) screen and battery replaced on an M7? Am I right in concluding that that would effectively make the M7 like new? Assuming I have a nice fresh install and updates etc. obviously?

EDIT: Has anyone here used GSM Solutions on Abbey St? How would you rate them if you have?

Upgrading to an M8 or an M9 would be a big improvement on the M7.
    A factory reset would likely improve your battery life in my experience.
    To replace the screen and battery could be expensive and the money better used to upgrade. Check out the prices of the M8 as the M9 price is way too steep for what you get.

Upgrading to an M8 or an M9 would be a big improvement on the M7.
    A factory reset would likely improve your battery life in my experience.
    To replace the screen and battery could be expensive and the money better used to upgrade. Check out the prices of the M8 as the M9 price is way too steep for what you get.

I had a look at the billing options and it seems that the best option cost wise is sim-free purchase and Tesco mobile unlimited offer (taken over a 2 year tome-frame for comparison with contracts).

I had toyed with the idea of the M8, though I don't know if I could justify it as I'm not sure how much of an upgrade it is.

Thanks for the suggestion re the factory-reset. The replacement battery would be only 25 additional if I was getting the screen fixed.

The only real problem with M7 is it's reaching End of Life with HTC - no more updates. If you switch to M8, another year of updates, and of course M9 has two years of full support ahead of it.

I had a look at the billing options and it seems that the best option cost wise is sim-free purchase and Tesco mobile unlimited offer (taken over a 2 year tome-frame for comparison with contracts).

I had toyed with the idea of the M8, though I don't know if I could justify it as I'm not sure how much of an upgrade it is.

Thanks for the suggestion re the factory-reset. The replacement battery would be only 25 additional if I was getting the screen fixed.

I upgraded from M7 to M8 and its a fairly big upgrade.
    You need to be sure your battery needs to be replaced before spending the money. I still have my M7 and after the factory reset, it had a big improvement on battery life. Still not as good as M8 battery life.
    Go SIM Free if you do decide to upgrade as in the long term it's much cheaper.

I upgraded from M7 to M8 and its a fairly big upgrade.
    You need to be sure your battery needs to be replaced before spending the money. I still have my M7 and after the factory reset, it had a big improvement on battery life. Still not as good as M8 battery life.
    Go SIM Free if you do decide to upgrade as in the long term it's much cheaper.

Thank you for reply, and to basil too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Hi guys, I have the original HTC One and I've had connectivity problems for the last few days, I've no 3G connection at all. WiFi is fine.

I'm not sure but I think it's been like this since I downloaded a software update last week. I've confirmed it's not a network issue, so must be my phone.

Anyone experience the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MrTom1

I have HTC one as well and ive noticed my phone going mad since my update as well

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

Anyone here own a htc one mini 2? Have had one with the last week or so, nice phone but I'm a bit confused as regards the camera. From what I've seen so far, the 5MP front camera is far sharper than the 13MP main camera? Anyone else encountered this problem or could it be just something to do with settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Anybody have a solution for the dreaded insufficient storage available message?

I've deleted a lot of apps,songs,pics,videos and there appears to be ample space now.I do not wish to do a factory reset.

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote: »
    Anybody have a solution for the dreaded insufficient storage available message?

I've deleted a lot of apps,songs,pics,videos and there appears to be ample space now.I do not wish to do a factory reset.

It's pretty common with some users who are rooted on custom ROMs, but shouldn't be if you're stock. Did it start after you did an update?

Advertisement