Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

It would be a good upgrade from M7 to M9 but I don't think the M9 is much of a jump from the M8.
    I doubt I will be tempted to buy an M9 for that price as I have the M8. Roll on the M10 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah I've an M7 and the moment and should be able to get an early upgrade now so it’s down to a straight choice between the M9 and Galaxy 6. It’s a bit closer than I thought it would be but the Boomsound speakers, the SD storage and bigger battery all swing it in the favour of the M9 but the initial reports about the camera and seeming lack of optical image stabilization could push me towards the S6. S

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Recieved my m7 update on 3 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I'm still waiting for an update on my M7 on O2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

I see you can register your interest in the M9 now on three's website. Dunno if it will let you get the first batchs or anything tho.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for an update on my M7 on O2.
    Did you go into settings and check manually? Worked for me
    Nolars wrote: »
    I see you can register your interest in the M9 now on three's website. Dunno if it will let you get the first batchs or anything tho.
    I was wondering that too... I think they'll get in contact as soon as its ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Zascar wrote: »
    Did you go into settings and check manually? Worked for me

D'Oh. Ye I just manually went in and checked. Downloading now.

I wonder how long its been available like that?!?!

BTW, is there anything I should know before upgrading to Lollipop? I was gonna root the phone this weekend. Can you still root on Lollipop?

The_B_Man wrote: »
    D'Oh. Ye I just manually went in and checked. Downloading now.

I wonder how long its been available like that?!?!

BTW, is there anything I should know before upgrading to Lollipop? I was gonna root the phone this weekend. Can you still root on Lollipop?

If you use Horizon Go app, it will no longer work after the upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

If you use Horizon Go app, it will no longer work after the upgrade.

The same for the breakingnews.ie app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    The same for the breakingnews.ie app.

Same here with that app on the M8............oh and i hope to get the M9 on release day on Vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

Hey everybody was wondering if somebody could shed some light on an issue..

Updated to Lollipop last week (m7) and have had issues with video playback since, seems to be related to embedded players.. a la Joe.ie and any streaming site I've tried , both YouTube and Facebook are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Paudee wrote: »

Updated to Lollipop last week (m7) and have had issues with video playback since, seems to be related to embedded players.. a la Joe.ie and any streaming site I've tried , both YouTube and Facebook are fine.

Have they removed support for flash? You might need to download a flash player from some old repository and even at that it might not work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Paudee wrote: »

Did you use Google movies app (think that's the name) I played a video on that and I couldn't play anything on Netflix or YouTube etc after ward's. I had to kill the google app and clear the cache on all the other apps and restart the phone before I could play videos again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

CptMackey wrote: »
    Did you use Google movies app (think that's the name) I played a video on that and I couldn't play anything on Netflix or YouTube etc after ward's. I had to kill the google app and clear the cache on all the other apps and restart the phone before I could play videos again

Yeah I went through all apps after I posted looking for any likely causes and systematically cleared caches then rechecked , got it working and then proceeded to immediately forgst which app it was so I'm of no help to anyone.

Seems to be playing embedded YouTube vids in an awful New pop out now though. Wish I hadn't updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Vodafone M7 Lollipop update came through this morning. Updating now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I've done a search, but I can't figure out what to do. I returned my M7 to the phone shop last year (couldn't pick up 3G), they sent back an M7 and within an hour I realised the microphone was working. I sent that back and got a phone that switched itself off manually. Eventually I got a functioning M7, but has developed the purple tint issue a few months ago. This is the FOURTH faulty M7 I've had, three of them sent to me by Fónfix.

I decided to cut out the middleman and contacted Fónfix directly, but they directed me to the shop. When I explained that my dissatisfaction was with their shoddy replacement phones, they still referred me to the shop to 'escalate.' I know if I got back to the shop, they'll just send off to fonfix again and I'll probably get another dodgy phone. My warranty runs out the end of this month.

Any suggestions? Should I go directly to SBE?

I've done a search, but I can't figure out what to do. I returned my M7 to the phone shop last year (couldn't pick up 3G), they sent back an M7 and within an hour I realised the microphone was working. I sent that back and got a phone that switched itself off manually. Eventually I got a functioning M7, but has developed the purple tint issue a few months ago. This is the FOURTH faulty M7 I've had, three of them sent to me by Fónfix.

I decided to cut out the middleman and contacted Fónfix directly, but they directed me to the shop. When I explained that my dissatisfaction was with their shoddy replacement phones, they still referred me to the shop to 'escalate.' I know if I got back to the shop, they'll just send off to fonfix again and I'll probably get another dodgy phone. My warranty runs out the end of this month.

Any suggestions? Should I go directly to SBE?

Yes, probably would have saved yourself a lot of trouble by going to SBE first.

Any sign of a launch date ???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Any sign of a launch date ???

You can pre order the M9 in Carphone Warehouse now for €50, they still don't know the final price yet. The weak € won't help.

• Advertisement

You can pre order the M9 in Carphone Warehouse now for €50, they still don't know the final price yet. The weak € won't help.

I have the new phone each 12 months with Vodafone so won't cost me much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Three are releasing it on the 31st link here

Nice one, just got the email. Seems like only Silver and Gold. Ugh, I really want to dark grey. Will they be doing it does anyone know?

Prices are extortionate for anything less than 24 month (Three). I hate tying myself in for that long...

Might hold fire for a couple of months. Prices on contract will drop when the new iPhone is announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Prices are extortionate for anything less than 24 month (Three). I hate tying myself in for that long...

€399 for 12 months @ €40.66 I don't think is that bad. Looking at expansys the phone is €840 so not really that bad

Might hold fire for a couple of months. Prices on contract will drop when the new iPhone is announced.
    New iPhone??:confused:

Every September !

Yeah. It was the same with the HTC One M8. It was available for free on billpay once the iPhone 6 was released. It was no longer the newest, hottest phone out there and got a price cut by the networks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

To be fair, any phone would drop in price once they've been on the market for 6 months, whether there's a new iPhone released or not...

Advertisement