Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

€749?! christ guess I be holding my wallet for the next year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

LostBoy101 wrote: »

Tis a bit pricey alright. Looks lovely in black.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Mr.S wrote: »
    M8 was around Mayish for networks
    Really? 3 Months? The guys on the US forums seem to think it will be available there within a few weeks. What's the lead time usually like from announcement
    till on shelves?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

Zascar wrote: »
    Really? 3 Months? The guys on the US forums seem to think it will be available there within a few weeks. What's the lead time usually like from announcement
    till on shelves?

It won't be long out after the announcement. I've had the m7 and M8 around release day. Both were out in the first week of April. If I remember correctly there was a slight delay with the m8 last year. Also it wasn't announced until later in March. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the m9 to be realesed by the end of March. I'm currently using a Note 4 and really need to get back to HTC. Samsung can be so laggy in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

Hi folks,

Had my M7 for over 14 months now - due an upgrade in 4 months or so.

But for the last 3 months or so the battery has gone really bad.

Any tips/suggestions on how to improve the battery life?

I googled a couple of things and tried them but didn't make any difference.

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Hi folks,

Thanks in advance

If you turn everything you bought the phone for "off", you will save battery.

Hi folks,

Thanks in advance

I found my battery was not lasting long during last year. I did pretty much, but what worked for me was to backup the phone and do a factory reset. I noticed a dramatic change.

Hi folks,

Thanks in advance

Had the same issue with my M7 after a year or so. Did a backup, factory reset and restore. Battery was back to normal again.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Mr.S wrote: »
    I meant Irish networks.

Should be available sim free pretty much after the announcement and shortly after for US networks.

Ah right, sorry I meant available from the Irish Networks as an upgrade... I asked on their forums but unsurprisingly they have nothing to say...

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    I found my battery was not lasting long during last year. I did pretty much, but what worked for me was to backup the phone and do a factory reset. I noticed a dramatic change.
    Had the same issue with my M7 after a year or so. Did a backup, factory reset and restore. Battery was back to normal again.

Thanks folks.

Iv never done a backup and factory reset.

I take it a backup just backsup all apps downloaded and contact numbers/messages ? So you dont lose anything - then you can reupload them.

Will google later when home from work how to do it and give it a go.

• Advertisement

Use HTC Backup app, works very well

I used the HTC backup app there and did a factory reset.

I restored from the HTC Backup - it installed most apps except for "Whatsapp"

I reinstalled that there and all conversations were restored though any messages I sent or received today have disappeared.

Any idea why this is?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,352 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I used the HTC backup app there and did a factory reset.

I restored from the HTC Backup - it installed most apps except for "Whatsapp"

I reinstalled that there and all conversations were restored though any messages I sent or received today have disappeared.

Any idea why this is?

Thanks

Whatsapp has it's own backup built in. Runs automatically at (I think 4am) so unless you run it manually prior to reset, you'll likely lose what's in between.

dulpit wrote: »
    Whatsapp has it's own backup built in. Runs automatically at (I think 4am) so unless you run it manually prior to reset, you'll likely lose what's in between.

That would make perfect sense, thanks :)

Yes it runs at 4 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

LostBoy101 wrote: »

Pre release pricing is always OTT and inaccurate , it will be the same price it always is at release.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

beno619 wrote: »
    Pre release pricing is always OTT and inaccurate , it will be the same price it always is at release.

Hope so. I paid 599 on meteor for M8 last year. That was release day. 750 just seems a bit steep in comparison!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭trev44

My understanding of the whatsapp backup is that you need to copy the backup files from your phone to pc and then back again after the backup for this to work. (M7 having no sd card).

If phone is wiped then surely the backup files go with it?

trev44 wrote: »
    My understanding of the whatsapp backup is that you need to copy the backup files from your phone to pc and then back again after the backup for this to work. (M7 having no sd card).

If phone is wiped then surely the backup files go with it?

I haven't done this, but I have been looking into it. Once the backup in whatsapp has been done, you reinstall the app on your phone and it should give you the option to restore your messages.

Loads of stuff got leaked last night on the new M9... Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/73wr4#0

Three videos were leaked also, but they seem to be down right now: https://twitter.com/upleaks
    http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/24/8103711/htc-one-m9-video-leak

I'm sure they have been uploded elsewhere - if anyone can find them please post...

I'm liking the better cameras and photo editing app. Also better speakers and the design. I think they did well with this one, I'll definitely be buying it.

Edit:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Lollipop just became available for me to download for my One.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Lollipop just became available for me to download for my One.........

M7? If so, what network are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Mr Velo wrote: »
    M7? If so, what network are you on?

Yes M7.....Vodafone!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭irishbuzz

Yeah I'm currently downloading (unlocked Meteor)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭irishbuzz

I must say I'm pretty unimpressed with the M9. Was hoping to jump from M7 to M9 but unless a network provider can offer me a good deal on the phone/contract I think I'll either stick with the M7 or look to get a free upgrade to M8.

I get the feeling this is only a small iteration while they work on a new flagship to succeed the One range.

Sweet I am downloading the lollipop update now also! :)

Irishbuzz, some other twitter comments from HTC say there are lots more surprises to come that have not been leaked. But yes, most phones these days are only having small updates - there are not many big game changers left in the mobile market..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Seen those videos on vidme?? yesterday. Little bit underwhelmed with it, especially the black bar with HTC logo. Like it is on the M8, makes the phone a bit too long looking IMO.
    May end up getting it anyway if I get a decent deal but S6 will be worth a look too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

really liking the lollipop M7 update on first impression! the lock screen notifications thing I can already see being a huge winner and apps seem to load and pop up a lot faster. That brings the rest of the phone more in line with the silly speed of Nova Launcher :P

Resolution seems a bit sharper too. Not really sure what went to the update but may notice more as time goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Interesting. I'd pretty much decided to invest in the M9 after skipping the M8. Now with this Lollipop update it becomes more difficult to justify. First world problems!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I'm disappointed with the size of the battery in the m9. I'd love the phone but I promised myself I wouldn't buy another phone unless it's has atleast a 3500 m battery.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement