Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i can't stand beer or wine and i dont really want to force myself into it ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

PaulieC wrote: »
    I must go for a good long beach run someday soon....hopefully someday when there's a good mist

Missed training last night so must put in a good aul gym session - my body is still creaking from the weekend :(

Strand was great today, tide was in and I got that sorta "sea air facial" yes I know what I said as soon as I typed it :cool:

Wine is an accquired taste like many things :) I love wine :D and whiskey.. And beer.. And gin.. Anyone fancy a pint? :pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Afternoon all! how are we today?

Hey GB! Just in from a run and trying to sort out some credit union stuff.. Jumping through hoops for a few bob :mad: you'll see me soaring overhad shot from a circus cannon soon :pac: how goes work?

Works alright - Just trying to get back into the swing of things! Really just want this day to end, our local starbucks is doing a special coffee tasting for me and a work mate! Some perks of a caffine addiction I suppose! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

This may interest you all actually - seeing as Hermione mentioned wine....

Yesterday I picked up a bottle of red wine for myself - now I won't be drinking it for a while but I purchased it solely on my friends recommending I get into wine - I don't particularly like the taste of wine based on a few sample tastings but am I right in saying that it's a 'hate it initially until you grow to love it' kind of drink?

I hated beer when I first started drinking it until I found one I really liked (Carlsberg) but I do find it odd that I would continue to drink something I don't like the taste of until I enjoy it.

I wasn't a fan of wine at first but then I went to a wine tasting at work. The presenter there was brillant and educated us all on type of wine and what the foods that work really well with certain bottles. Now theres nothing better a glass of red wine with a juicy steak. He went on then about other after dinner wines I was pretty locked at that stage.

I also havnt touched a Carlsberg since the tents they gave us in their campsites during the Euros, leaked water and destroyed my clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I wasn't a fan of wine at first but then I went to a wine tasting at work. The presenter there was brillant and educated us all on type of wine and what the foods that work really well with certain bottles. Now theres nothing better a glass of red wine with a juicy steak. He went on then about other after dinner wines I was pretty locked at that stage.

I also havnt touched a Carlsberg since the tents they gave us in their campsites during the Euros, leaked water and destroyed my clothes.
    Anytime I've had alcohol with dinner I've been dying the next day - could be unrelated but I'm getting supersticious at this stage!

I'd have wine with a steak though alright as it seems like it'd go well with it :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Works alright - Just trying to get back into the swing of things! Really just want this day to end, our local starbucks is doing a special coffee tasting for me and a work mate! Some perks of a caffine addiction I suppose! :pac:

why, do you go around pimping them out and having lock ins there too? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

A lock-in in Starbucks.. It'd be carnage! Beans strewn everywhere, people strung out on caffeine. And hipsters overdosing on free wifi. Carnage.

th_25536ece.png

Indeed!

Why am I always in the mood for junk food after a run? ARGH!!! Crisp sandwich and inhumanly spicy buffalo wings would just rock right now :(

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    why, do you go around pimping them out and having lock ins there too? :pac:

Not far off it! It does seem like a clone of....that other situation (:p) .... In regularly, got to learn the peoples names, chat to them, get on well with them......get perks!

See folks - it pays to be sociable!! :pac:

ps: Just for that I am never posting in here again when I am organising an awesome night in THAT particular awesome pub! So there!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭oddman2

ps: Just for that I am never posting in here again when I am organising an awesome night in THAT particular awesome pub! So there!! :p

I just want to quote this for posterity so you can't come back and change this later. ;)

feel free!

I'll just pm people! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

The 90's was where it was at. And maybe the early 2000's.

That is all. :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Evening folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

feel free!

I'll just pm people! :pac:

Or we could just walk in any night of the week and I'm sure you'll be there. :P

not quite! been a fair while since i have been there actually!

and I'm not sure if I am gonna be there any time soon either! (hope the place doesnt go under without me :pac: )

Or we could just walk in any night of the week and I'm sure you'll be there. :P

But it's a school night :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

not quite! been a fair while since i have been there actually!

and I'm not sure if I am gonna be there any time soon either! (hope the place doesnt go under without me :pac: )

What? Something is not right in the world if you're not in Cassidys.
    I'll just have to head in myself sometime and make sure the hot barmen place is still there. :pac:
    But it's a school night :(

Don't worry Cinderella, we'll have ya home before 12. :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

[Dougal]We're all going to Cassidys, lads. Waaaaay! [/Dougal]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Right, I've made a decision, I'm going to try and start following soccer again!

What? Something is not right in the world if you're not in Cassidys.
    I'll just have to head in myself sometime and make sure the hot barmen place is still there. :pac:

Don't worry Cinderella, we'll have ya home before 12. :P

Cinder Fella IF ya don't mind :pac:... Before 12?? Make it 20 :cool:

Kev.OC wrote: »

If you're a fan of mental anguish i highly recommend Liverpool, keeping me disappointed since the early 90s but it makes you appreciate the good things in life that little bit better and winning every now and again makes it all the sweeter :)

If you're a fan of mental anguish i highly recommend Liverpool, keeping me disappointed since the early 90s but it makes you appreciate the good things in life that little bit better and winning every now and again makes it all the sweeter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Cinder Fella IF ya don't mind :pac:... Before 12?? Make it 20 :cool:

*cough cinderella cough cough* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Haha, I'll keep that in mind. I used to support Man U though, so I dunno if I could support Liverpool. It just doesn't feel right.

Oh, for the record, when I stopped following the soccer, Van Nistleroy (sp?) was Man Us newest signing, and that wasn't exactly today or yesterday.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

*cough cinderella cough cough* :pac:

*throws glass army boot*

Cruisin fer a bruisin young pix!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

You could apply the same logic and support West Brom! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Follow rugby, its better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement