Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I don't see the resemblance.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

bluewolf wrote: »
    I don't see the resemblance.

:pac:

It's too early Bluey...

Also this is why I always think you are being durty :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Pembily wrote: »
    It's too early Bluey...

i have slept for nearly 12 hours and recovered from my headache so it's all good :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

It's too early Bluey...

It's never too early for innuendo!

Sonics2k wrote: »

early riser wha :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

True - only posted here once or twice in the space of a month at one stage just because I was so busy with work/college etc.

I do miss Otis and his talk of pints though! :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Sonics2k wrote: »

I do agree!! Never too early..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

early riser wha :pac:

hahaha Thanks bluewolf after the most depressingly boring and miserable mornings you have cheered me right up with that cheesy one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

D'ya know what this thread is missing? Grames and his pimping of Cassidy's. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Hey TG did I tell you I have a girlfriend now?...........:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

That_Guy wrote: »
    D'ya know what this thread is missing? Grames and his pimping of Cassidy's. :pac:
    True that! :pac:

Dr G, if your cat looks like that, then I'm very jealous. That is one cute cat!

Wrecked this morning. Went for my first run in weeks last night and man, I can feel it this morning. Great evening for a run, though. Good to get back into it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

That_Guy wrote: »

In the absence of Grames I feel duty bound to pimp out Cassidy's on his behalf, in fairness though apart from the sweat factor it is the best pub in Dublin!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Morning all. Watched the boats come in for the Volvo last night. Wrecked now today. Trying to get out of bed!

Got my time table for my lecturing, two mornings with nothing :D

The Master wrote: »
    Hey TG did I tell you I have a girlfriend now?...........:pac:

If she looks like this it doesn't count.

blow-up-doll-300x300.jpg

;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Love between a man and a piece of latex is still love :P

The Master wrote: »
    Love between a man and a piece of latex is still love :P

Least it can't talk back I suppose.....

<_<

>_>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Going to a wedding on Friday, have a suit and all that but considering going tie less....what's the etiquette here?? Should I wear a tie unless otherwise informed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

Maguined wrote: »
    you have cheered me right up with that cheesy one. :D

Fnarr fnarr :pac:.... How was your birthday man? Was down in Cork visiting a sickly DaddyTheLips that weekend.

wear tie

if you're the only one, take it off again

niallo24 wrote: »
    Going to a wedding on Friday, have a suit and all that but considering going tie less....what's the etiquette here?? Should I wear a tie unless otherwise informed?

Bring a shirt that can get away with being worn tieless (strong but tasteful colour) just in case but for a wedding I'd really be going starched white shirt, tie and pocket square *crawls back under my rock*

• Advertisement

wear tie

if you're the only one, take it off again

That sounds like a socially awkward penguin :P

That sounds like a socially awkward penguin :P

you're the one saying bring a whole spare shirt :pac:

you're the one saying bring a whole spare shirt :pac:

Touché :p right, time for a run on the strand..cyclists/dog walkers/pedestrians beware! *sharpens up elbows*

Touché :p right, time for a run on the strand..cyclists/dog walkers/pedestrians beware! *sharpens up elbows*
    I must go for a good long beach run someday soon....hopefully someday when there's a good mist

Missed training last night so must put in a good aul gym session - my body is still creaking from the weekend :(

my exercise consists of 3 half hour brisk walks to german class a week :pac:
    which will end in 4 weeks so i suppose i'll go out with the doggy more then

I may have misread what bluewolf said as
    so i suppose i'll go out with the dogging more then

Filth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

How could you forget tea???? It's like your passport, MANDATORY :p:p I bring tea if I am going abroad for more than a few days. I have also turned into my parents but it's all ok :)

I am sick of this weather, wet and cold :(

I know. A harsh lesson learned :( Is it possible to have tea withdrawals? I mean I'm surrounded by great beer here, but my craving for Lyons has gone beyond a joke :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

niallo24 wrote: »
    Yes. For a wedding, definitely, a tie.
    I know. A harsh lesson learned :( Is it possible to have tea withdrawals? I mean I'm surrounded by great beer here, but my craving for Lyons has gone beyond a joke :D
    Last time I was away, I was in Italy, surrounded by great wines and cocktails, yet craved Earl Grey with lemon everytime I returned to the apartment!

This may interest you all actually - seeing as Hermione mentioned wine....

Yesterday I picked up a bottle of red wine for myself - now I won't be drinking it for a while but I purchased it solely on my friends recommending I get into wine - I don't particularly like the taste of wine based on a few sample tastings but am I right in saying that it's a 'hate it initially until you grow to love it' kind of drink?

I hated beer when I first started drinking it until I found one I really liked (Carlsberg) but I do find it odd that I would continue to drink something I don't like the taste of until I enjoy it.

• Advertisement

PaulieC wrote: »
    This may interest you all actually - seeing as Hermione mentioned wine....

Yesterday I picked up a bottle of red wine for myself - now I won't be drinking it for a while but I purchased it solely on my friends recommending I get into wine - I don't particularly like the taste of wine based on a few sample tastings but am I right in saying that it's a 'hate it initially until you grow to love it' kind of drink?

I hated beer when I first started drinking it until I found one I really liked (Carlsberg) but I do find it odd that I would continue to drink something I don't like the taste of until I enjoy it.

Keep drinking until you can't feel feelings anymore, and it'll start to taste really good :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement