Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

awec wrote: »
    Changing soccer team is a massive no-no. :)
    Do you also call it soccer? Is that a Nordy thing? I always call it soccer :pac:
    Maguined wrote: »
    Follow rugby, its better.
    This. This times a thousand! :D

Morning 0/

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm really not sleeping well at all. For the past week I've been waking up every hour on the hour without fail. Would go back to sleep at around 3 and without fail would wake up at 5am.

Reckon I'll go to my GP and try get some sleeping tablets or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Morning all!!

T_G just drink a bottle of JD - will have ya right out! :p

Morning all!!

T_G just drink a bottle of JD - will have ya right out! :p

Best prescription ever.

• Advertisement

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Oh, for the record, when I stopped following the soccer, Van Nistleroy (sp?) was Man Us newest signing, and that wasn't exactly today or yesterday.

Bloody hell. :eek: Much has changed. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Follow rugby, its better.

You'll get no argument from me! But it's between seasons. Besides, I'm more of a fan of the international than the provincial.

Morning all. I get to go look at some motorbikes today. :)

Won't be taking any home with me though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

You could apply the same logic and support West Brom! :D
    Ah here....we win cups every now and again - winning the Carling Cup may not have been a huge deal to many but it cheered me up no end considering I'd dislocated and fractured my finger that day :)

You think supporting Liverpool is bad lads... You don't have a fookin' clue. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

boring

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    boring

Gerrout you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Got a bit of an email smack down from a colleague. Oops. Nothing too bad that I did originally, crossed wires - lack of awareness on both our parts, I think. I don't think the tone of email helps in these situations.

Lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Did about a 3 mile run this morning. It was a slow slog, legs felt very heavy. I guess not running for a week or two didn't help!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

G-Money wrote: »
    Did about a 3 mile run this morning. It was a slow slog, legs felt very heavy. I guess not running for a week or two didn't help!

I know that feeling..

Back playing basketball after 5 years out.. was playing a pickup game last night for the guts of 2 hours and my ankles, legs and lower back are in severe pain..

But pain is good, means I pushed myself so now to get my fitness back.. which cud take some time :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Kev.OC wrote: »
    You'll get no argument from me! But it's between seasons. Besides, I'm more of a fan of the international than the provincial.

Morning all. I get to go look at some motorbikes today. :)

Won't be taking any home with me though. :(

I like the excitement of international games but provincial is better in my opinion as it allows teams to really show fancy teamwork as you have a fixed team that are used to playing with each other week in and week out. International might have better individuals but their teamwork is normally not as good as they are simply not used to playing with each other. (expecting Bluewolf to jump all over that one) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

That_Guy wrote: »
    You think supporting Liverpool is bad lads... You don't have a fookin' clue. ;)
    Don't be moaning now we gave ye £35m for Carroll to bring in Cabaye, Demba Ba, Davide Santon, Cisse, Ben Arfa etc. etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    I know that feeling..

Back playing basketball after 5 years out.. was playing a pickup game last night for the guts of 2 hours and my ankles, legs and lower back are in severe pain..

But pain is good, means I pushed myself so now to get my fitness back.. which cud take some time :o

i miss playing basketball

PaulieC wrote: »
    Don't be moaning now we gave ye £35m for Carroll to bring in Cabaye, Demba Ba, Davide Santon, Cisse, Ben Arfa etc. etc.

Good deal it has to be said. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

The Rabo is alright like, Heineken Cup is where it's at.

Will 100% be at Leinster v Ulster next season and will probably make the trips to Limerick and Galway for those games.

Could easily happen, Ulster got a decent group as did Leinster. The only team that could really challenge Ulster would be Northampton and based on both teams recent performances you would have to predict Ulster dominating them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Could easily happen, Ulster got a decent group as did Leinster. The only team that could really challenge Ulster would be Northampton and based on both teams recent performances you would have to predict Ulster dominating them.

Ulster will batter them and top that group. Leinster vs Clermont should be fascinating, I think Clermont will be out for blood over the two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Evenin!

What have I been missing? :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Sport rubbish. :pac:

Evenin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Sport rubbish. :pac:

Evenin'.

Oh if it's about football, I've totally become an expert... after watching 5 matches in the Euros. :pac:

Doesn't boards traffic drop a bit in the summer anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

That is the way it works I think!

How is everyone these days?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Very busy. 5 1/2 weeks til hols.

I checked in work, I have 4 days left to take this year :-(

• Advertisement