Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Does an After Eight fail because it doesn't test minty??

Not a big fan of Baileys, although I do quite like Jam Doughnut shots, which were popular in Oz but no-ones ever heard of them here!!

Ah I just wanted to try something new, not to get wasted. Although, then what's the point of trying a shot eh? (Im just talking out loud here).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,768 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Larianne wrote: »
    Does an After Eight fail because it doesn't test minty??

Not a big fan of Baileys, although I do quite like Jam Doughnut shots, which were popular in Oz but no-ones ever heard of them here!!

Ah I just wanted to try something new, not to get wasted. Although, then what's the point of trying a shot eh? (Im just talking out loud here).

And typing too!:pac:

(runs away quickly to avoid the slap!)

Panthro wrote: »
    And typing too!:pac:

(runs away quickly to avoid the slap!)

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

I dont generaly do shots but when I do its often "Goldschlager" its a cinnamon snaps with little flakes of gold in it, the myth is that the flakes of gold cut small holes in your throat to allow you to absorb the alcohol qicker while this is untrue it does have quite a kick to it the Urban Dictionary deffinition sums it up

"(n)- Cinnamon schnapps liqueur (40%) with gold flakes. Rapid consumption results in inebriation and eventual disorientation which eventually leads to unconsciousness. Upon consciousness, causes one to realize they are in someone else's bed in A/B with their pants 1/2 off. At this point, friends help one up and one proceeds with puking. Then there is more disorientation, eventually leading to another state of unconsciousness. Later the next morning, it is realized that stolen furniture polish was thrown out one's window."

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭oddman2

I dont generaly do shots but when I do its often "Goldschlager" its a cinnamon snaps with little flakes of gold in it, the myth is that the flakes of gold cut small holes in your throat to allow you to absorb the alcohol qicker while this is untrue it does have quite a kick to it the Urban Dictionary deffinition sums it up

That sounds like what they had in Superbad, I didn't realise that was actually a drink!

• Advertisement

Think I'll just stick to Sambuca. :o Cinnamon is yuck and reminds me of Red Aftershock. Ew.

• Administrators Posts: 53,506 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Happy Friday all

I need my bed, seriously wrecked:(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Morning all.. woooohooo its Friday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Not for some of us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Friday buzz \o/
    (Sorry Pem)

I'll forgive ye, to be fair I don't normally work Saturday so I can't complain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Larianne wrote: »

What are these Jam Doughnut shots you speak of??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Pembily wrote: »
    Not for some of us!
    I'll forgive ye, to be fair I don't normally work Saturday so I can't complain!

Woo hoo. My first Friday! Gotta love the Friday feeling.

Sorry Pem :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Not for some of us!

Eh its still Friday.. just cause u have to work tomorrow doesnt change the fact!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ascuteasabutton

ToxicPaddy wrote: »

Woooooohooooooo is right :D Paris for the match...bring it on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Morning everyone!

Dropped a file into college, back to bed for a quick snoozle now :)

awec wrote: »
    Wish I could do this!

Swapsies?

You do my files, I'll do whatever it is you do when you're not waffling here on boards. :P

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Swapsies?

You do my files, I'll do whatever it is you do when you're not waffling here on boards. :P

I'll happily do your files if you will deal with the managment where I work!

Daisies wrote: »
    Swapsies?

Oh no... Are they giving you a lot of grief??

awec wrote: »
    Waffling!? WAFFLING?! :pac:

I didn't say I wanted to do your files, I said I wanted to be able to go home to bed. Like students. :D

Aye, WAFFLING!

Bitching if ye prefer :P

Daisies wrote: »

Deal!
    Are they honestly that bad? :eek:

Ohmygod I just saw a lady tweezing her eyebrows on the BUS, on a freaking moving bus :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ohmygod I just saw a lady tweezing her eyebrows on the BUS, on a freaking moving bus :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ya WHA' now?! :eek: :eek:

If that bus goes round a bend quick she could lose more than her eyebrow!

Ya WHA' now?! :eek: :eek:

If that bus goes round a bend quick she could lose more than her eyebrow!
    My thoughts exactly... It was just plain weeirrd!

Oh no... Are they giving you a lot of grief??
    Deal!
    Are they honestly that bad? :eek:

Ah they're not that bad just stupid changes in policy and pricing that's just going to make my job more difficult! Easier to stand up for myself from a distance though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Morning all.
    Forgot how much I like being at home for my sisters food-she texted me to say she's making vol au vents for lunch if I want some :D yummy!

Happy friday to all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It's no donut but it'll do eh? :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement