Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Jesus don't touch chocolate! it's horrible! Way too sweet after a work out!*

strawberry/vanilla/banoffe these are all fine!

*obviously this is IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Happy bday KKK.

What a ****ty day out. Not that I'd be going outside or anything...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

That_Guy wrote: »
    This is the protein I use:

http://www.nutritionx.ie/big-whey-protein/

Chocolate flavour is probably the least revolting of all the flavours. :pac:

I'm not an expert on protein to be honest but this is what I was recommended by my kickboxing coach. I guess it depends on your body type and what kind of results you're hoping to achieve.

15 years ago I couldn't put on weight to save my life, I was 6'2 and just over 10st. Now I'm fighting to keep it off..

A serious enough sports injury put me out of action for over 5 years, then and add too much beer and dining out, it doesn't take much for the weight to pile on.. so I just need something to help me recover from exercise quick enough so I can get out again, recovering for 2 days is too long in my books. Granted that will reduce the more I exercise, but the age factor does come into it.. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Jesus don't touch chocolate! it's horrible! Way too sweet after a work out!*

strawberry/vanilla/banoffe these are all fine!

*obviously this is IMO!

Not sure if I would be going near the protein shakes unless you are doing a serious amount of exercise.
    Generally for the common garden variety gym user (aka me) a balanced diet along with moderate exercise will keep you trim enough. Aslo variety of exercise is important.
    i wouldn't say age is a huge factor with regard to moderate exercise but may be if you're looking to build muscle.

Simple formula I always use
    If food in > energy use = get off fat arse and hit that treadmill.

losing alot of weight in a short period of time is not advisable either

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Happy Birthday KKK!

Daisies wrote: »
    Why are cars so expensive?Anyone want to gift me one?Pretty please, I'm really nice, I swear!

I might, and I emphasise MIGHT, have a car to offload in the near future. Now, she's no spring chicken, but she'd see you were well looked after for as long as she's able. Won't know for a few months though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Happy Birthday KKK!

Why are cars so expensive?Anyone want to gift me one?Pretty please, I'm really nice, I swear!

I might, and I emphasise MIGHT, have a car to offload in the near future. Now, she's no spring chicken, but she'd see you were well looked after for as long as she's able. Won't know for a few months though.

Ah you're too good but ideally I need to buy within the next few weeks.I'm a disaster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I thought it'd be a great idea to go for my daily run even in the rain, because I had to go out in the rain anyway.

Usually I am for 5 miles, sometimes a little more.

Ran around 2 miles and turned back because I couldn't see through the rain because of the whole being a glasses wearing geek thing.

Got home. Soaked to the skin. Immediately get naked and light a fire. Oh yeah :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

What type of car are you looking at Daisies? Did you look at the bangernomics thread in the motors section?

Loads of decent cars popping up there for under the 1k mark most with some tax and NCT left.. so would be a starting point until you get sorted and settled. Then you can look at upgrading.

Would you be doing much mileage per year or is it just too and from work?

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Not sure if I would be going near the protein shakes unless you are doing a serious amount of exercise.
    Generally for the common garden variety gym user (aka me) a balanced diet along with moderate exercise will keep you trim enough. Aslo variety of exercise is important.
    i wouldn't say age is a huge factor with regard to moderate exercise but may be if you're looking to build muscle.

Simple formula I always use
    If food in > energy use = get off fat arse and hit that treadmill.

losing alot of weight in a short period of time is not advisable either

Agreed with this 100%.

When I started out in the gym, I was at a ridiculous weight of 19 stone (and I'm 5'1!!). Started out slowly, though obviously the weight flew off at the start. Didn't touch protein shakes, just ate more protein and veg, less carbs and less sh!te. A year and a half on, I'm more than 7 stone down. Still have around another two stone to lose, but I'm losing it at around a pound a week and because I took my time losing it, it's stayed off, and I don't have loose skin or anything like that.

Losing it too fast leads to fast re-gain, loose skin and stretch marks. I got none of these because I did it slowly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

It is rotten.

Will finish this college work, then read or watch a DVD. Not a day for much else.

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I thought it'd be a great idea to go for my daily run even in the rain, because I had to go out in the rain anyway.

Usually I am for 5 miles, sometimes a little more.

Ran around 2 miles and turned back because I couldn't see through the rain because of the whole being a glasses wearing geek thing.

Got home. Soaked to the skin. Immediately get naked and light a fire. Oh yeah :D

Now yer just teasing us... pics or gtfo*

*sorry, had to be said :D:D

awec wrote: »
    The weather is atrocious. Don't think it has stopped raining all day!

Nope, not from where I'm sitting it hasn't. Supposed to go on like this until Friday :(

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Now yer just teasing us... pics or gtfo*

*sorry, had to be said :D:D

Ahaha trust me, I'd traumatise people if I posted pics! Posted a body shot that showed a lot of cleavage in AH once. Was immediately hit on by 3 or 4 desperate people. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    What type of car are you looking at Daisies? Did you look at the bangernomics thread in the motors section?

Loads of decent cars popping up there for under the 1k mark most with some tax and NCT left.. so would be a starting point until you get sorted and settled. Then you can look at upgrading.

Would you be doing much mileage per year or is it just too and from work?

All I want is something to get me from point A to point B for 3/4 months. Wouldn't be much mileage really (although I could go crazy with day trips :p)

Thanks for the tip, off I trot to the motors section!

All I want is something to get me from point A to point B for 3/4 months. Wouldn't be much mileage really (although I could go crazy with day trips :p)

Thanks for the tip, off I trot to the motors section!

No probs, this is an idea of the type of car I was talking about.. though this one looks to be sold..

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3281932

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

A year and a half on, I'm more than 7 stone down. Still have around another two stone to lose, but I'm losing it at around a pound a week and because I took my time losing it, it's stayed off, and I don't have loose skin or anything like that.

Losing it too fast leads to fast re-gain, loose skin and stretch marks. I got none of these because I did it slowly.

Wow. have to say fair play. Takes a huges amount of commitment to do it but I bet your quality of life has improved hugely.

Thats pretty impressive, well done to you missy.. :)

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Wow. have to say fair play. Takes a huges amount of commitment to do it but I bet your quality of life has improved hugely.

Oh god, yeah. Best thing I've ever done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

D go to a local garage, DO NOT BUY an old car without a mechanic you know well looking at it.

Lynda that's amazing! On the weightloss topic, even though I haven't cycled in a week I'm fitting into jeans I haven't been able to wear for over a year :)

TP, if you are only trying to lose weight you don't need protein drinks, eggs are enough!

Evening all, is the weather in Dublin that bad?

I've drank 5 large teas today :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The AA can also do a report if you're going to buy a second hand car, though I'm not sure if you have to be a member...

Kudos Lynda!

Weather's muck, but we've survived worse.

Pembily wrote: »
    D go to a local garage, DO NOT BUY an old car without a mechanic you know well looking at it.

Lynda that's amazing! On the weightloss topic, even though I haven't cycled in a week I'm fitting into jeans I haven't been able to wear for over a year :)

TP, if you are only trying to lose weight you don't need protein drinks, eggs are enough!

Evening all, is the weather in Dublin that bad?

I've drank 5 large teas today :eek:

Awh, thank you. Feels great tbh. This time last year, I was wearing a size 22/24. I'm currently wearing a size 14 usually, 12 in some tops. My boobs are still waaaaaaaaaay too big though, so tops are a problem because my boobs got bigger instead of shrinking. Feels great fitting into old clothes, doesn't it??

the weather is terrible. Gave up 2 miles into a run because I couldn't handle it. And I'm not walking to the shops to get food for dinner in this rain so I'm ordering a take away and sitting in front of the fire. Might grab a bottle of wine too :D

I've had 4 Red Bulls and 2 black coffees today. I'm going to kill myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Black I wouldn't trust that. Mechanics FTW.

Awec don't tell me that, it's a miserable day up here too...

Lynda you look great in whatever pic you posted (I think it was your pic) so fair play, it is hugely life changing. I don't drink coffee, I'd be like Maggie from the Simpsons if I did :pac:

I want a fire :(

Pembily wrote: »
    Black I wouldn't trust that. Mechanics FTW.

Awec don't tell me that, it's a miserable day up here too...

Lynda you look great in whatever pic you posted (I think it was your pic) so fair play, it is hugely life changing. I don't drink coffee, I'd be like Maggie from the Simpsons if I did :pac:

I want a fire :(

Ah God, I'm blushing here :o I need to stop drinking coffee so much, I bounce off the walls after one, never mind two and Red Bull. :D

I still have to light a fire. It's bloody freezing today!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Ah God, I'm blushing here :o I need to stop drinking coffee so much, I bounce off the walls after one, never mind two and Red Bull. :D

I still have to light a fire. It's bloody freezing today!

Well done on your loss Lynda, it's bloody hard but totally the best feeling every when you get there :)

On the bus and someone has left Instyle and Marie Claire WIN.
    3rd bus to Dublin this week, FAIL.
    Oh well, gotta make money somehow.

Parents are currently doing research online for cars on my behalf.Know a couple if mechanics so can get them to look over it for me!

We need some rainy songs!

Fire sounds good. None of this volcanic central heating lark.

• Advertisement

Ohh yeah, a nice big open fire and a huge sofa would do the job right about now.. instead I'm sitting in an office looking out at a bloody miserable day :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement