Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Happy birthday, Kitten!

Hotmail's grand for mailing lists/junk. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

newbee, what did you do to your leg. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

newbee, what did you do to your leg. :eek:

jesus I just saw the picture too - what happened? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Aw shucks. :o
    Thanks and a happy my birthday to ye all!

And newbee, what happened? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    morning all..

Ya know yer getting old when after playing sports on a Monday evening you're still hobbling around like an 80 year old on Wed..

My legs are like lead :o
    tbf I'm 24 and I always find I'm stiffer two days after a tough training or a game moreso than the first day after.

The key is in stretching I suppose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Happy Birthday KamiKaze!

Kitten want cake? :D

9Kjko.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Swapple lass, is that cat wearing lipstick? :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Thanks guys, was in a tiny country town, library wasn't open but luckily a computer repair shop has opened since I was last there!

Why are cars so expensive?Anyone want to gift me one?Pretty please, I'm really nice, I swear!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

That_Guy wrote: »
    Swapple lass, is that cat wearing lipstick? :eek:

I hope not! I thought it was his tongue; he's thinking "mmmm cake" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

swapple wrote: »
    I hope not! I thought it was his tongue; he's thinking "mmmm cake" :)

I thought it was a bit of strawberry. :o

And yes, Kitten does want cake! Nyom nyom nyom....

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I'll volunteer to make and bring cake to the next tGC beers :p

Also, slept nearly 14 hours. Never in my life have I done that before. I usually sleep 4 hours! I've lost so much time, the day is wasted!

Whoops. Happy birthday triple K :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

PaulieC wrote: »
    tbf I'm 24 and I always find I'm stiffer two days after a tough training or a game moreso than the first day after.

Ahh I make a point of cooling down and stretching too, then add in a hot bath or shower when I get home usually eases the pain a little but not today for some reason.. ugh!! :(

Good news is, I have lost 2.5kgs since last week, so my its a positive start to my little fitness regime :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Happy Birthday K (x3) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

awec wrote: »
    Very nice.

What part of italy you heading to?
    Milan, just for a long weekend. My bestie lives there. Can't wait!
    I always find I'm stiffer two days after a tough training or a game moreso than the first day after.
    Sames, even though I stretch lots. I'm not 24, though :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Il pleut sans arret.

Hermione* wrote: »
    Milan, just for a long weekend. My bestie lives there. Can't wait!Sames, even though I stretch lots. I'm not 24, though :rolleyes:

Ahh just back from there.. might be there again next week..

Look at all you fancy people dashin away to Milan.

Can I hide in a suitcase?:(

Today is gonna be fun. I get to walk in the flooding and rain to the social, to put in my claim for sick leave. I'm claiming it for a specific reason, but will be going in with my arm (completely unrelated to the nature of the claim) in a sling. I imagine I may be questioned a little on this :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Look at all you fancy people dashin away to Milan.

That's what I was thinking - what's wrong with good old Ballybunion?? :pac:

I'm from Dublin. We do Wexford, not Ballybunion. :p

I'm going there to work, there are no DC's in Ballybunion last time I checked!! :D

swapple wrote: »
    9Kjko.jpg

come on guys it's clearly the cats tongue!! licking its catty lips trying to steal some poor unfortunate childs birthday cake!!

see? I told you cats were evil!!

protein shakes directly after working out - helps recovery - back fighting fit earlier than you thought!

your only man!!

...protein shakes directly after working out - helps recovery - back fighting fit earlier than you thought!

your only man!!

Must try this.. any one you recommend?

Kinetica is the one reccommended to me! bannoffee flavour is awesome! atick with whey protein or something specifically for recovery (but whey will do that for ya) straight away after training get some of that into ya!

Kinetica is the one reccommended to me! bannoffee flavour is awesome! atick with whey protein or something specifically for recovery (but whey will do that for ya) straight away after training get some of that into ya!

Wouldnt be a fan of banoffee but maybe something like strawberry would work. Must find a place in Dublin city centre that sells it so. Nice one, cheers mate :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Got a really nice text from the lady I had an interview with today. She's dealing a lot with the college I went to and she text to say she was talking to one of my old lecturers who had nothing but good things to say about me. Made me:D and :o

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

This is the protein I use:

http://www.nutritionx.ie/big-whey-protein/

Chocolate flavour is probably the least revolting of all the flavours. :pac:

I'm not an expert on protein to be honest but this is what I was recommended by my kickboxing coach. I guess it depends on your body type and what kind of results you're hoping to achieve.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement