Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

PaulieC wrote: »
    Haven't looked at them but they've been impressive in the past year or two going by what I've read in the SF here on boards etc.

They've some good players, very good manager and it's nice to see them returning to the top a lá 1997, Lars Ricken era :)

They played some of the best attacking football I'd seen in a very long time in European football at times last season. Very young and gifted side with a very talented manager at the helm.

They've come a long way since nearly going bankrupt and their stadium is really impressive. I think a season ticket in the standing section costs about €150 which is cheaper than a Bohs season ticket. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

That_Guy wrote: »
    They played some of the best attacking football I'd seen in a very long time in European football at times last season. Very young and gifted side with a very talented manager at the helm.

They've come a long way since nearly going bankrupt and their stadium is really impressive. I think a season ticket in the standing section costs about €150 which is cheaper than a Bohs season ticket. Madness.

:eek:

Mother of God!!

I must try to get over to a Liverpool game next season - just didn't happen this year meaning it's been 3 since I've gone over for my one and only trip!

:eek:

Mother of God!!

I must try to get over to a Liverpool game next season - just didn't happen this year meaning it's been 3 since I've gone over for my one and only trip!

Gonna make it my mission to get over to a Dortmund game next season. Been to Newcastle 6 times this season.

Made up for lost time and then some. :pac: Saving up for college so may have to put trips on the back burner for a while.

Gonna make it my mission to get over to a Dortmund game next season. Been to Newcastle 6 times this season.

Made up for lost time and then some. :pac: Saving up for college so may have to put trips on the back burner for a while.
    6?! fair play!! A Dortmund game would be fairly class alright.

Where are you heading to college and what are you hoping to do??

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

6?! fair play!! A Dortmund game would be fairly class alright.

Where are you heading to college and what are you hoping to do??

If I do go to a Dortmund game I'd be in the standing section. Looks absolutely amazing.

Borussia-Dortmund-007.jpg

I'm hoping to get into IT Tallaght to study Social Care.... That's the plan anyway.

If I do go to a Dortmund game I'd be in the standing section. Looks absolutely amazing.

Borussia-Dortmund-007.jpg

I'm hoping to get into IT Tallaght to study Social Care.... That's the plan anyway.
    Nice one - referring to both Dortmund and College there.

Can't wait to finish my college course atm - I've a pile of work to do afterwards but just having Wednesday and Friday evenings back will make me a happy man :)

What are you studying?

What are you studying?
    A prep course for the CCNA exam because that's the line of IT work I want to go down - Networking - it's only two days a week, Wednesday and Fridays from 6:30 to 9pm but it's knackering after work so looking forwards to summer!

A prep course for the CCNA exam because that's the line of IT work I want to go down - Networking - it's only two days a week, Wednesday and Fridays from 6:30 to 9pm but it's knackering after work so looking forwards to summer!

polls_2429948367_345483ea4c_3146_270177_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

:pac:

• Advertisement

I work with computers, turning things off and on again:

nerd%20boy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I work with computers, turning things off and on again:

like-a-moss.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

awec wrote: »
    Grand national on saturday!

We should do a TGC sweepstake!

Where's Sauve gone? She loooooooooooooves horse racing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

I was studying for that last year and loved it, though as I was leaving college two years before the rest of my class I was going to take the CCENT exam and then study the rest myself. A month or two before the exam was meant to take place the colleges cisco examiner left, so I couldn't sit the exam for free there anymore and didn't have the fifteen hundred required to sit it elsewhere :rolleyes:

Anyhow; according to a new rule we just agreed upon in my team, every friday from now on a member must bring in a cake that they've baked, though I feel that some of them will just be their girlfriends to make one for them; I for one am happy for the chance to get back to making cakes :)

The last 15 minutes.... The 15 longest minutes of the day. Hurry up. I wanna go home.

The last 15 minutes.... The 15 longest minutes of the day. Hurry up. I wanna go home.

I felt the same, last hour is always a drag....then I got asked to work on Saturday, ah well at least I know there'll be free pizza for lunch.

cade wrote: »
    I was studying for that last year and loved it, though as I was leaving college two years before the rest of my class I was going to take the CCENT exam and then study the rest myself. A month or two before the exam was meant to take place the colleges cisco examiner left, so I couldn't sit the exam for free there anymore and didn't have the fifteen hundred required to sit it elsewhere :rolleyes:

Anyhow; according to a new rule we just agreed upon in my team, every friday from now on a member must bring in a cake that they've baked, though I feel that some of them will just be their girlfriends to make one for them; I for one am happy for the chance to get back to making cakes :)
    My fear is that with work etc. I'll put off doing the exam and end up not fully going for it - I don't think that'll happen but I do enjoy it - it's just the pressure of having to study and work is making it somewhat painful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

What the f*** is up with the weather? It felt ice cold this morning, then walking home there it was heavy rain and I'm almost sure some hail, now I need to pull the curtains as the sun is so bright I can barely see the TV or the computer.

Completely f****d up.

My fear is that with work etc. I'll put off doing the exam and end up not fully going for it - I don't think that'll happen but I do enjoy it - it's just the pressure of having to study and work is making it somewhat painful

Well the exam does cost a bit and the certificate is only valid for three years, so it really all depends on whether you need it. Unless the company you're working for are offering 'Certified Cisco' network engineers as part of their billing then you mightn't need the cert.

• Advertisement

cade wrote: »
    Well the exam does cost a bit and the certificate is only valid for three years, so it really all depends on whether you need it. Unless the company you're working for are offering 'Certified Cisco' network engineers as part of their billing then you mightn't need the cert.
    My aim is to be a network engineer by the time I'm 26/27 though - there aren't many oppertunities for junior admins or network engineers so the route for me needs to be Deskside support / Tech Support gaining as much experience and certs as I can get then hopefully go from there.

What's annoying is that I was in Deskside and left for a different role with more money - now there's pretty much no Deskside Roles where I'm located atm....so now I play the waiting game!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

G-Money wrote: »
    What the f*** is up with the weather? It felt ice cold this morning, then walking home there it was heavy rain and I'm almost sure some hail, now I need to pull the curtains as the sun is so bright I can barely see the TV or the computer.

Completely f****d up.

Same yesterday, didn't make for easy drying of clothes. Want to go for a walk now, but it's rather gloomy out. Got some good tidying done today...stop me when I sound old. :pac:

Went to college after work....lectures for the module finished last week when I was at physio!

Annoyed but at least I can get some study done tonight!

G-Money wrote: »

Completely f****d up.

And now it's lashing again. Unbelievable.

Black Oil wrote: »
    Same yesterday, didn't make for easy drying of clothes. Want to go for a walk now, but it's rather gloomy out. Got some good tidying done today...stop me when I sound old. :pac:

I'm not one to talk :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Just been told by a colleague that I am a heartless, souless man.
    Well good morning to you too:D

my boyfriend tells me that all the time. well, except for the man part.

evening all. it's getting later and later in the week i'm reporting back :)

welcome newbs. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

OUCH.

Apparently rabbits do not like eyedrops, and give you the evil eye and a scrape if you use them!

Ungrateful little fecker. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Just been told by a colleague that I am a heartless, souless man.
    Well good morning to you too:D

my boyfriend tells me that all the time. well, except for the man part.

evening all. it's getting later and later in the week i'm reporting back :)

welcome newbs. :D
    You'll eventually stop coming up for air :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Pembily wrote: »
    You'll eventually stop coming up for air :p

ha :D nah, hopefully not. though he is meant to be moving into town soon, so ..maybe.

i only got a little kinder egg :/ he left some of his egg here, so i may have to nom on that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement