Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I got TWO of the USIT emails! Not going with USIT but thought they'd be handing for notifying when it was open!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

Is there anyone who's attempting to apply for the visa themselves or are most people going through an agency?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

ladybird23 wrote: »
    Is there anyone who's attempting to apply for the visa themselves or are most people going through an agency?

I can't speak for everyone but I'd say the majority are applying themselves. The money you spend on paying an agency could go towards your savings for Canada :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Pretty sure most people are applying themselves. It has been said time and time again that the money you pay to USIT and the likes is a complete waste, if you read the guidelines for the application and follow them it'l be easy as pie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Yea i payed go4less at the time 75 euro i am raging i paid it now. i suppose at the time i was not confident enough.but from last years it does not seem. to bad why pay 75euro to go for less when you can do it for free. any help you need with it post it here and someone will help you:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

Cheers everyone thinking of chancing it myself but don't wanna make a mess of it! Will give it a go anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

archicraft wrote: »
    yes...but how do you explain the emails,from usit, saying it is open ?

The email from USIT was to notify people that the USIT application process is open. They still require you to apply to the IEC yourself--from what I can see.

They're two separate processes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

yep youre right.....my bad !:o

Any chance you could share the pdf??

did you get a copy yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

archicraft wrote: »

did you get a copy yet?

Nope!

• Advertisement

Does anyone have a copy of previous forms or know where I could find them online, just so I can have a look over them before the 2013 ones come out??

posted this already on another thread today ,its the step by step procedure for the UK which is more or less the same as ours.

This is the Taiwanese 2012 IEC application. I hear a standard template is used for all countries,this should give you a general idea of what to expect......so knock yourself out PrettyPolly155.:)

Jako8 wrote: »
    The email from USIT was to notify people that the USIT application process is open. They still require you to apply to the IEC yourself--from what I can see.

jemie, did you read this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

gemie wrote: »
    their opened on usit

Please note: This is not a reserved place on the 2013 International Experience Canada visa programme.

The forms are issued on the CA High Commission site right?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gemie

Jako8 wrote: »

yes your correct actually

Who thinks 7500 Visa's will go fast and how quick do ye think they will fly out?

It's hard to say, last year people applied early but it still took months for them to process some applications. Up to three months for some. I applied near the end (mid May) and got mine mid June. They ran out a couple weeks later.

yeah its hard to say! god i wanna be out of here by may the latest ! sure just apply when their out and see, visa got then book the flights. Canada is our new country to go to now.............

nother few years wont be jobs there like Oz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Sacramento wrote: »
    It's hard to say, last year people applied early but it still took months for them to process some applications. Up to three months for some. I applied near the end (mid May) and got mine mid June. They ran out a couple weeks later.

They messed my one up, I was waiting nearly 5 months.

I think theyve got it together this year.

I reckon if you apply in the first few weeks you'll be fine but I won't take any chances with mine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Was just thinking that myself martyn. for about 20 seconds i was hoping it had opened but i was disappointed haha

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Yea i payed go4less at the time 75 euro i am raging i paid it now. i suppose at the time i was not confident enough.but from last years it does not seem. to bad why pay 75euro to go for less when you can do it for free. any help you need with it post it here and someone will help you:)

Thats what we thought, then the girl checked my forms that had been proof read by myself and my gf, low and behold I had some employment dates that didn't match up (simple mistake) but I could have missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ajen2012

Ye talk about IEC visa's but is it the same just going through usit?? I heard the visa starts when you land in Canada, is this true??

Ajen2012 wrote: »
    Ye talk about IEC visa's but is it the same just going through usit?? I heard the visa starts when you land in Canada, is this true??

Yes USIT are a company that help you apply for the IEC visa, yes the visa starts the day you arrive. For example: you apply for IEC at the end of Jan 2013, your visa will hopefully be issued by early March 2013, when it is issued it will state that you have 12 months to activate it from the date of issue. Then when you fly to Canada you'll activate it at the border and from then you will have 12 months to live and work in Canada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

24 months now if I'm not mistaken

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ajen2012

Thanks for such quick reply :)
    Plan on applying today just not great at this kinda stuff and wanted to double check, I'll ave to pay on application too I think so wanted to make sure going right ave

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

Ajen2012 wrote: »
    Thanks for such quick reply :)
    Plan on applying today just not great at this kinda stuff and wanted to double check, I'll ave to pay on application too I think so wanted to make sure going right ave

you will regret going with usit!! i went on a J1 with them and they totally over priced me because i knew no better but now i do! plus they cost 400 euro whereas go4less are only 75 euro for the same process. if you really need someone to look over your doc's then go with go4less.

ps. usit will try and make you buy flight tickets with them but you dont have to, usit just bully you until they have all your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Anybody have any inside info on when this is open how come some of you are saying end of Jan? I was expecting to have sent off application and everything by now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

no inside info, just that every year it opens on jan 1st but there seems to be a delay this year :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement