Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Nail Varnish Junkie

Hi archicraft. Thanks for that, much appreciated. Can I ask would you or anyone else know are you as well apply yourself as opposed to applying through an agency?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

Hi archicraft. Thanks for that, much appreciated. Can I ask would you or anyone else know are you as well apply yourself as opposed to applying through an agency?

Im going to fill out forms & apply myself,its abc stuff...agencies are a waste of money.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Nail Varnish Junkie

I like you're thinking. Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    Thats what we thought, then the girl checked my forms that had been proof read by myself and my gf, low and behold I had some employment dates that didn't match up (simple mistake) but I could have missed it.

That's what I use my mam for!! Best proof reader there is. If there is anything amiss she will spot it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!! START YOUR ENGINES!! THE VISA IS OPEN!!!

• Advertisement

I can't see that

My bad!!!! Sorry, I got excited...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 brunettechick

i reckon they will release their forms etc in the next 2 weeks and then start accepting posted forms from feb 1st!

i think i read somewhere that they are releasing the guidelines before they start accepting applications to give people a chance to gather all the info they need to apply.

seachto7 wrote: »
    My bad!!!! Sorry, I got excited...

You deserve a slap for that! :P Sending me off all whooo to the website only to make me :(!

I got a text and jumped the gun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭meelyb

Hi all,

I signed up for USIT's email and text notification for the Canada visa IEC 2013. Got an email yesterday and a text saying today it is now open for applications. I only signed up for their notices as the embassy website doesn't have the option. So hopefully anyday now we can apply directly! USIT will have to re-assess their charges and what they 'offer' e.g. printing, scanning, one nights accomodation- seriously stationary does not cost that much plus you would need more than one night's lodgings! Got great info on here on the Police Cert. Got the run around from different guards. Ended up going being sent to 3 different stations- each with different advice.

meelyb wrote: »
    Hi all,

I signed up for USIT's email and text notification for the Canada visa IEC 2013. Got an email yesterday and a text saying today it is now open for applications. I only signed up for their notices as the embassy website doesn't have the option. So hopefully anyday now we can apply directly! USIT will have to re-assess their charges and what they 'offer' e.g. printing, scanning, one nights accomodation- seriously stationary does not cost that much plus you would need more than one night's lodgings! Got great info on here on the Police Cert. Got the run around from different guards. Ended up going being sent to 3 different stations- each with different advice.

USIT are a profit making company first and foremost, so their markup on costs is always going to be high so they come away with a decent chunk of change. That's why most people do it themselves. It isn't that difficult to fill out the applications. Yes in-country things have different levels of difficulty for different people in different parts of the country, but USIT are likely to not be much help there anyway so.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

And I call bull on their claim that it takes the gov 7 weeks to issue a SIN.
    You will get it on the day you apply at Service Canada and you will get the card within about 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

What was the IEC fee for application last year? not through an agency just to get the visa itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

around the 100 euro mark

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    around the 100 euro mark

Cheers, much better than paying USIT for it then.

Am definitely applying but feel kinda stuck at the mo, dont want to start looking for jobs or where I'll even be going until the visa application is open, or would I be better to start looking for stuff now?

Oh look now bud it all depends what area of work your in would decide where you go. i have pretty much all my plans set up even a few job leads. its always better to be well prepared :)

That's true, see I'm not skilled, no trade but have tons and tons of retail/customer care experience, which I wouldnt mind as a short term thing just to get settled but its not why I'm going, question is now Toronto or Calgary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Ok everyone needs to calm down

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

I'm applying myself but I thought if I signed up for usit and go for less I'd get notification but apparently they're just being sneaky!!!!getting me all excited!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

Hi, can anyone tell me about this common law partner status. I'm with my partner 4 yrs and living together for 2 yrs. Some sites say living as man and wife and other practically say engaged or married without a license...
    I was hoping we'd both tick common law partner and put both applications into one envelope so they can be looked at together.
    Thanks for any feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 35 beemer2003

hi Guys

just wondering if any one has any idea about when the IEC Canada 2013 programs starts accepting applications, being keeping an eye on the website but it just says it will be announced in early 2013, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I don't think anyone knows really, keep an eye on the site and on this thread. You'll know within minutes from boards I'd say :)

This bulletin is worth readintg laying out some of thet terms.
    This doesn't mean the iec is open.out some of the new conditions
    Worth noting incomplete forms will not be returned till the first of april

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob490.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 35 beemer2003

thanks princess I'll keep both eyes on it thought it might have been open by now

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭TheChief36

This bulletin is worth readintg laying out some of thet terms.
    This doesn't mean the iec is open.out some of the new conditions
    Worth noting incomplete forms will not be returned till the first of april

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2013/ob490.asp

It looks from that that now you must apply for a work permit seperately from apply for the IEC, different to how it was before, am I reading that right?

I don't know bud they seem to make it awful confusing am i right in saying you can only apply online for it now?:/

TheChief36 wrote: »
    It looks from that that now you must apply for a work permit seperately from apply for the IEC, different to how it was before, am I reading that right?

Last year they forwarded your application for the work permit to the CIC
    Looks like this time they will tell you when you can submit your application for the work permit to the CIC.
    It kind of brings it in line with how other programs are run

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

I got real excited when I got the text on Friday! so annoyin

• Advertisement

*Sparkle* wrote: »
    I got real excited when I got the text on Friday! so annoyin

I *speculate* that the reason they have sent the texts now is cos they will get people, such as yourself who get real excited (not that I am saying you did this!) to sign up with them for the visas. They charge the hefty fee upfront if I remember and I am not sure as to their refund policy, but I'd imagine it isn't the easiest to obtain!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement