Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

ladybird23 wrote: »

Out of interest are most people applying for visa themselves or through something like visa first?

I think the majority are applying themselves, it's not difficult at all once you know what you're doing, it's fairly simple.

If you need help with the process there's loads you can find here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Yea apply for it yourself, i got mine last year. Filled in 4 forms and sent them with the garda cert and passport photocopies. Paying that money for someone to do it is madness

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johanna3

I have registered with Go4Less, they charge €75, you could most likely fill in the forms yourself, I have went through prior year forms and they are grand, I am just doing this to be on the safe side

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ben2026

Johanna3 wrote: »
    I have registered with Go4Less, they charge €75, you could most likely fill in the forms yourself, I have went through prior year forms and they are grand, I am just doing this to be on the safe side
    I am going to attempt the forms myself, hoping they are not too complicated. Still no indication on when they will be available?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Brian2208

I'm thinking of applying through the IEC myself, I have police certs from here and Australia.

Is there anything else I need to do or is it just a matter of filling out the forms now?

Also, does anyone know anything about police certs from New Zealand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 downsliver1988

Did anybody find out when the working holiday visa for Canada will be released?Been hearing January but no dates!!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

• Registered Users Posts: 3 downsliver1988

thanks have already applied!just keep checking my mail every hour!!!!:)

Just wondering, in previous years for the IEC was it always 'late' to launch in Jan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

No it use to open on the 1st Jan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

im sure it opened on 19-12-2011 for 2012 IEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭misnormer

surely couldnt be later than 21st as it was said early january 2013. so surely the probability is it will be open within 11 days,will be intresting to see how fast the visas will be taken up especially with 7500 visas on offer.

Yea and lets hope it changed the process and we wont be waiting so long this year to get visa granted:)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭misnormer

as an online application system? im also applying .what documents have you waiting to go.
    All i have is:

Passport,
    Police clearance certificate,
    Birth certificate,
    Driving licence
    Canadian cv

is there any medical report required?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gemie

Hi guys. me and my 2 friends are heading to Toronto this year 2013. we are waiting for the Visa's to come out. does any one know where you go on the waiting list and what date are the application out. i have the garda clearance and passport sorted and in date for 2 years.

NEED HELP :)

Thanks xx

do you know where you go on the waiting list?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

gemie wrote: »
    Hi guys. me and my 2 friends are heading to Toronto this year 2013. we are waiting for the Visa's to come out. does any one know where you go on the waiting list and what date are the application out. i have the garda clearance and passport sorted and in date for 2 years.

Thanks xx

There isnt one?

yes i think there is, they email you when its out. you get a email alert.

any one know? glad theirs people here in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ENNE

no i think its first come first served - the list i think you are talking about is just they will email you to let you know that the forms are available to download.

where do you put down your email for them to do that? did you do it? :) thanks

• Advertisement

gemie wrote: »

Thanks xx

No waiting list, as soon as they release all forms and launch the IEC for 2013 you can get started filling in forms and whatever else they ask for. Good luck! :D

misnormer wrote: »
    as an online application system? im also applying .what documents have you waiting to go.
    All i have is:

Passport,
    Police clearance certificate,
    Birth certificate,
    Driving licence
    Canadian cv

is there any medical report required?

is it a photo copy of your birth certificate and driving license?

WasterEx wrote: »
    No waiting list, as soon as they release all forms and launch the IEC for 2013 you can get started filling in forms and whatever else they ask for. Good luck! :D

thank you. prob look on the website every day i guess from now on

7500 is gonna go fast me think's

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Aileen123

Hi, me and a few friends are looking to go to canada in may! Just wondering did anyone hear if the price of the visa go up or anything? I have heard its going up a vast amount and it looks like I won't be going if this is true :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Any tips on submitting a Canadian format CV?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭jumpymunky

Apologies for yet another question, but I've been to the Garda station to get the clearance certificate form. The form says I'll need a letter from the embassy before sending the form away. They said an e-mail will do. Does anybody know where to apply to get this communication from the embassy, or did I just ask for the wrong form?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Just got an email from USIT to say it's now "open"?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

O I just got an email from usit saying the iec is open????anyone else get this???ive checked and its not so what's that about???

Really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

So did I!!!but it's not i checked??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement